EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Snow (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Snow
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's the first snow of the year arrived. It's not too bad so far. I think North of Scotland and North of England have it much worse than we do. Anyone else got it yet or is just us UK'ers [Smile]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None here yet [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't say [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
none here yet knock on wood. but 1 hr north of my town they had a ice storm yesterday. how odd we didnt get any.. we just got rain. and now its damn cold,

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None here, but it's bitter out.

Brrrrrrr.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No snow as yet in London, but its on its way,should be here by the weekend.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holding out hope for a white Christmas huh Ayisha [Big Grin]

No snow in Essex yet!

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And going on my sister in laws facebook statuses there isn't snow in Canada yet either.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
Holding out hope for a white Christmas huh Ayisha [Big Grin]

No harm in hoping [Frown]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Southern Germany HAS snow as of this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Smile]

My sight at 5:30 a.m.

http://i55.tinypic.com/34osphc.jpg

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Finland a looooot of snow!
-12C at the moment here in the southernpart up north they had -33c last night.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
Southern Germany HAS snow as of this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Smile]

My sight at 5:30 a.m.

http://i55.tinypic.com/34osphc.jpg

Sweet. That's my kind of snow, not the icky grey sludge you get left with - hate that.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have got shedloads of the stuff as some of you have seen on my facebook...it's the first time for everyone in my household to see snow!!! Not that the baby is interested but the dog loves it and I haven't seen it for about 3 years as I didn't set foot in the UK at all during 2009 and I only visited once in 2008 and it was a very mild winter. It's nice for a few days but then it makes life hard. Sam is working on a project at Northumberland which is where the snow is the worst in the country so today he is working from home as the roads up past Newcastle are so bad. I braved the weather yesterday and went to Tesco to stock up on all of our supplies should we be snowed in til March (any excuse to spend more money! [Big Grin] )

To cheer myself up I just booked our flights to Cairo...we are going to be spending New Years Eve there. Although it won't be anyting like last NYE when we went out somewhere nice. This time we have Grace plus we need to go to our never stepped a foot inside apartment and put out all of the furniture we shipped from Dubai which has been sitting there since May. Go to Carrefour and buy all the food and cleaning stuff etc etc. The only reason we're going before Dec 31st is because there is a Zamalek match on that he wants to go to. I do hope they win because the plane tickets have cost loads more than usual!

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little bit of snow in Belgium. [Smile]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No snow here yet in Cheshire in the UK. It is very cold though, even with the heating on I am still sat here with 2 jumpers and a fleece! Too be honest i don't want it o snow here yet....let me get on my flight on Sunday and it can snow as much as it wants [Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
None here yet, but I feel a slight chill sitting next to the open window in a short sleeved galabaya, so there is still hope [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
IT'S SNOWING..........YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait... No. It's stopped. Bummer.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is ace watching North Yorks News in Cairo and seeing all the snow while sitting planning what time to meet tomorrow for a nice sunbathing sesh [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
A bit more has fallen while I've been watching the TV.Ferret you are in big trouble [Mad]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll live [Wink]

The UK does look spectacular when covered in snow though. It is very picturesque. -3 in my part of England and I hope it snows 6ft in the night as my lil neices are SO excited [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Watch your back Ferret [Wink]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we got maybe 4 flurries yesterday ...does that count? [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yesterday in parts of the country and there is a thin layer of snow right here now too. Weatherforecasts predicts lots next Tuesday.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its -1 at Gatwick Airport right now!!!

--------------------

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winter Wonderland in our 'backyard' today

http://i55.tinypic.com/29452s5.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/6yz9k5.jpg

Someone enjoyed the snow [Wink]

http://i54.tinypic.com/63yaes.jpg

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awe tiger that dog looks like benji

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
We had a very strange phenomenen earlier: blizzard conditions with thunder and lightening [Eek!]
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
That can only happen in the uk young at heart.

--------------------

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11856694

Definately a day to be in [Razz]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Holy crap YAH... I am SO glad I am not even considering flying home this Christmas!!! I would definately be moaning about the cold!

A friend on my FB took a pic of his dashboard in the car earleier showing it was -5 and the time read 12.23pm!!!

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Heres a link for you young at heart, to keep you up to date with the weather.

Metoffice

Or you can view snow webcams around the world.

Snow cams

[Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Cheers Mary! I just need to look out my window to see nothing but white lol!
The link will be helpful. Hubby seriously thinks he'll get to work tomorrow but I don't think he'll be going anywhere!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
I know you and flying at the best of times Ferret [Big Grin] I'm glad I'm not flying anywhere soon.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah I know... I will be flying in March and am already crapping myself!

I am so not looking at snow cams!!! I would get cold just looking. It can't be that bad where I am from just yet as no snowman/woman pics have gone on FB yet!!!

I hope air travel over the next few weeks is not as disrupted as last year as I have loads of people flying both in and out for the festive period...

Must admit though I loved working in schools this time of year back in England as we would get loadsa snow days off [Big Grin]

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
I dont think no body will manage to get to work tomorrow in that snow and ice young at heart but I will go to work, no snow as yet in London.

Another Tube strike tonight from 6pm here, so that will add to the madness tomorrow morning.

--------------------

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11857086

Here's some nice pics to remind you of what you are missing [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
The picture of the red squirrel is beautiful [Smile]

I guess I miss how it looks; just not how it feels!

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a plane landed at Newcastle airport the other day and due to the ice it skidded and overshot the runaway...can you imagine how scary that must have been for the passengers when they evacuated them!!!!

Speaking of cold temperatures Morpeth which is in Northumberland is the coldest in the country with temperatures reaching - 17 tonight !!!! [Eek!] Sam is working about 5 miles from there. He went out and bought some wellies this avo to go with the rest of his snowman wear that he has had to purchase recently

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
There was a plane landed at Newcastle airport the other day and due to the ice it skidded and overshot the runaway...can you imagine how scary that must have been for the passengers when they evacuated them!!!!

Speaking of cold temperatures Morpeth which is in Northumberland is the coldest in the country with temperatures reaching - 17 tonight !!!! [Eek!] Sam is working about 5 miles from there. He went out and bought some wellies this avo to go with the rest of his snowman wear that he has had to purchase recently

EEEE we were talking about the plane last night in the bar (just before the other one crashed [Frown] )

Our mutual northern friend is flying home in 2 weeks!!!

Oh poor Sam, it is brass monkeys bless him!!!

- 17... you're having a giraffe!!! BALTIC

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Are you going to the UK for Xmas cheeky? I'm going to be in Egypt from 30th Dec to Jan 11th so if you're around I'll give you a shout. If you're not I'll have to ask our mutual northern friend to invite me to the club! [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
The mutuals will be back around the 5th Jan ready for the Coptic holiday and I will be around all holiday so sure, give me a shout and we can all meet up [Smile]
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
The mutuals will be back around the 5th Jan ready for the Coptic holiday and I will be around all holiday so sure, give me a shout and we can all meet up [Smile]

Definitely. If you're very lucky I might even invite you to my mansion [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

Definitely. If you're very lucky I might even invite you to my mansion [Wink]
OOO, that would be lovely [Smile]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
We have snow, hurrah!! [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Germany is under heavy snowfall; chaos everywhere. I just hope Santa saves some for Christmas.

Oh good news for kids - NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!! [Big Grin]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Still no snow in Essex! However, weatherapp claims it's coming tomorrow.

--------------------
Another one....

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30ºC in Cairo today. [Cool]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5c in the usa... [Eek!]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
we are gettin lots of rain today thank god its not snow.....

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Temperature here right now at 7:30 a.m. is -9 °C. It's very foggy and chilly.

Will start the day with a hot chocolate. [Smile]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com