EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Divorce

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Divorce
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know when you have been married in the MOJ and the Egyptian divorces you - divorce papers in Arabic and English if there is anything else that needs to be done???

I presume that this will mean you are legally divorced in the UK?
Do the divorce papers have to be deposited at the British Embassy or can this be done at the Egyptian Embassy in London?

Apologies for asking these questions but when you send the British Embassy in Cairo email about this subject they send you an email that states marriage via the British Embassy/MOJ is legall in the UK???? [Confused] I know this and now need to know the divorce procedures.

Can anyone here please advise?

Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should be logical when it would be the same procedure as what you had to do to make the marriage legal, but I'm not an expert in marriages. [Smile]

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should file for divorce where you live. If you live in Egypt then file there, if you live in the UK then file there but for sure once the divorce is approved have the papers translated and file them in your home country.

--------------------
www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happy in love
Member # 12547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for happy in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
It should be logical when it would be the same procedure as what you had to do to make the marriage legal, but I'm not an expert in marriages. [Smile]

Funny how people here just want to spoil things?!!!
Miss Sharm asking about divorce so if you not an expert in marriages then let somebody else had knowledge to answer her with the right thing to do. right!

Posts: 205 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by happy in love:
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:

Funny how people here just want to spoil things?!!!
Miss Sharm asking about divorce so if you not an expert in marriages then let somebody else had knowledge to answer her with the right thing to do. right!

[Razz] Okay...Don't you think you should mind your own business???? [Razz]
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com