EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Locate a friend or business in Egypt » about marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: about marriage
blackmagnolia2004
Member # 9802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmagnolia2004   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, can someone tell me how is the process to get married between egyptians, how long it take to do it and cost. I know my english is not very good, but I try, I make this clear because before sometone laugh about my english, but is my second language, so please , be polite
Posts: 15 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fatmah Teleb
Member # 10069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fatmah Teleb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean between two Egyptians !! You do not know how Egyptian Get married or you meant something else !!
Posts: 12 | From: Haram, Giza, Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You seem to be a foreigner, so first, check with your embassy, they will email you a list of all the documents you need to get married (I'm talking of a marriage in Egypt, between a foreigner and an Egyptian). Then you may have an interview, the day you give all the papers. Then, you can go and get married according the Egyptian law. Then back to the consulate to get the official Egyptian marriage paper transcripted in your home country. It happens like that for the French citizens at least.
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hezzat
Member # 10088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hezzat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah its true as miss/Mr Barbapapa said , she /he totally right .
Posts: 58 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackmagnolia2004
Member # 9802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmagnolia2004   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your replies, but Is not clear for me. The reason I ask is because my ex bf married 3 weeks after we stop talking, he said he has not plans before and do it only to please his parents and they look for a wife for him, he do not know her or he say maybe sees her one time in his life before married. I'm sure he lies to me as he lie for 2 years and try to fix our situation. But for me is over

Well, now i trying to take my life back, was a real mess for 2 years. Thank you for all

Posts: 15 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, but I thought it was for you! You should have told us from the beginning! Actually, I'm the one who didn't read well your first email, sorry!
Egyptians should answer you then, I have no clue on how a marriage between two Egyptians go. I think 3 weeks is a little short, although I don't think it needs a lot of more time (for a mixte couple, you need to translate a lot of documents, that's why it's so long).
It seems he has played with you, I'm sorry he made you waste two years of your life.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com