EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Looking for work in Hurghada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for work in Hurghada
shel
Member # 14396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys

Im looking to move to Hurghada from the UK in the next few months - well as soon as I get a job actually, but im struggling to find any good job websites - does anyone know of any good sites I could try?

I have 8 years office experience but I only speak English which is know is going to be a problem. Any ideas you have will be appreciated as im running out of ideas of where to look for vacancies.

Thank you!

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimberley
Member # 5179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimberley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont think there are lots of jobs in Egypt for ex-pats...
Think wages will be very low for you even if you get a job.
Try looking for a place that is run by english they may give you a job...
Good Luck

Posts: 206 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallenknight
Member # 10650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fallenknight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I have lived in Hurghada now for 18 months and jobs for ex-pats are not easy to find.
And if you only speak english this will make it all the more difficult.
Most realestate agents etc want staff to have more than one language.
Also the wages here would be very low so this will reflect on the standard of accomodation you can afford.
To live in a good quiet area expect to pay between £250 and £350 per month plus your utility bills that will run approx £35 per month.
Hope this helps if you need any more info please feel free to PM me.

Derek/Karen

Posts: 85 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shel
Member # 14396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for this guys. This is proving to be alot harder than i originally thought but where theres a will theres a way and all that!!
Thanks again for your advice - its much appreciated x

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shel

ofcourse you can find work in Hurghada.. I have never had any problems what so ever..

Try these first of all:

www.learn4good.com
www.jobsabroad.com
www.jobsinegypt.com

also pm me a profile of yourself and ill put it in a newsletter that goes out to the red sea weekly.

Send your cv to real estate agents. You can find them on most directory listing listes. I know that Jennys House is searching.

Fallenknight about your comment about rental prices.. i guess it depends on how big and which standard you want, but 350 GBP is waaaay too much to pay. I live in (what i think myself) a very good 3 bedroom apartment which is nice and clean and with good furniture for what equals to 130 GBP. I dont know anyone living in more expensive flats than 250 GBP.

My Utility bill has also never run pass 30 GBP. And that was in the summer where i used the aircon alot. last month i paid 10 GBP. Ive asked everyone here and the office, and it seems that you have a very high bills if this is the price you pay all the year... just saying...

Shel feel free to pm and ill try and connect you to some people who might be able to give you a decent job...

cheers

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redseaschool1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Shel,

Please send me your CV at readseaschool@yahoo.com, we are always searching for native English speakers for KG teachers. We will train the right candidate.

In some instances we pay for your flat, but this is only for experienced teachers with University degrees.

You could get a very nice 1 bedroom furnished flat for 700-1200LE, in a touristic area near all the conveniences you need. Yes the very quiet areas cost a bit more, but they are also very isolated, and you spend a lot on taxis just trying to get your basic needs-food, etc. Its better to be in a convenient location, unless you have your own personal transportation.

And imagine is correct, my electricity bill never went over 200le and this was running the airconditioner all day long in the hot summer months. June-Sept.

Posts: 86 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by redseaschool1:
Hello Shel,

Please send me your CV at readseaschool@yahoo.com, we are always searching for native English speakers for KG teachers. We will train the right candidate.

In some instances we pay for your flat, but this is only for experienced teachers with University degrees.

You could get a very nice 1 bedroom furnished flat for 700-1200LE, in a touristic area near all the conveniences you need. Yes the very quiet areas cost a bit more, but they are also very isolated, and you spend a lot on taxis just trying to get your basic needs-food, etc. Its better to be in a convenient location, unless you have your own personal transportation.

And imagine is correct, my electricity bill never went over 200le and this was running the airconditioner all day long in the hot summer months. June-Sept.

Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by imagine:
Hi Shel

ofcourse you can find work in Hurghada.. I have never had any problems what so ever..

Try these first of all:

www.learn4good.com
www.jobsabroad.com
www.jobsinegypt.com

also pm me a profile of yourself and ill put it in a newsletter that goes out to the red sea weekly.

Send your cv to real estate agents. You can find them on most directory listing listes. I know that Jennys House is searching.

Fallenknight about your comment about rental prices.. i guess it depends on how big and which standard you want, but 350 GBP is waaaay too much to pay. I live in (what i think myself) a very good 3 bedroom apartment which is nice and clean and with good furniture for what equals to 130 GBP. I dont know anyone living in more expensive flats than 250 GBP.

My Utility bill has also never run pass 30 GBP. And that was in the summer where i used the aircon alot. last month i paid 10 GBP. Ive asked everyone here and the office, and it seems that you have a very high bills if this is the price you pay all the year... just saying...

Shel feel free to pm and ill try and connect you to some people who might be able to give you a decent job...

cheers

Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
im french born english citizen i do speak french english italian perfect and i manage arabic
only stuying arabic what im doing now i will love partime job with kids in hurgada someone can advise me thanks

mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im planning to move to hurghada very soon 4 6 months at a time to start to see how i get on does anyone know of any part time jobs going i dont mind what i do im fluent in english and little spanish and learning arabic
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com