EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Establishing a sole-proprietorship/simple partnership

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Establishing a sole-proprietorship/simple partnership
Chortle
Member # 12374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chortle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking to set up a small company exporting select items to Europe. I have done alot of online research but most information published relates to large companies rather than just a 'one-man-show' which is what mine will be at the beginning :-)

Can anyone give me any information - or lead me to where I might find it - on the legal process required and the expected costs and timescales involved.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirox
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mirox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chortle,
You basically have one of two options in setting up a small business whether to set up as unlimited liability establishment whiche entails the trader's personal liability for the debts of his trading activities; the other alternative is the limited liability where the trader's liability does not exceed the extent of his participation in the relevant establishment. Unfortunately, the only two ways to set up a limited liability establishment is by setting up a limited liability company or a joint stock company. The minimum capitals for those are L.E 50,000 and L.E 250,000 respectively. In both cases, the law requires more than one shareholder (two and three shareholders, repsectively).
Alternatively, you can personally register in the commercial register as an individual establishment, get yourself a commercial register record and a tax file; but, of course, you shall have the unlimited liability issue.

I hope this sets your feet on the right track. Should you need any further information, please send me a Private Message on the forum and I shall respond.

Good luck with your future business.

Posts: 88 | From: Khonfesharia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com