EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » What about the furniture?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What about the furniture?
ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so we have all bought our appartments now we are all looking to purchase the furniture to go in them,as there is allready a very long thread up and running about buying a APPARTMENT in sharm that contains much information with regards that topic including all the differences of opinions,i thought it a good idea to run a thread alongside it dealing with the furniture side of things as they are two seperate purchases in many instances,i hear that there are many companies dealing in this but when you actually start to look for them they are conspicous by there absence.there are many stories of new stores opening up to cater for our desires and one click www sites but i fear these are just that,stories.we all want to know "who can we trust,where can i buy good quality,were is there a good choice,who wont rip us off,who offers vfm,etc etc".
i think the days are gone when it means a trek to cairo with all that entails or having to purchase the overpriced underquality furniture package that seemed the lesser of the two evils.
i am fortunate in that my furniture has allready been supplied and i was extremely pleased with the whole process from choosing the tiles and the rest of the ceramics through to what pictures i wanted on the walls,all of this being done with the minimum off fuss.hopefully we can share the good companies names and be made aware of bad ones.i know that agents use this site which in my opinion can only be a good thing as its only the bad ones that will be shamed,the good ones being highlighted.
i wont name the supplier that helped me enormously unless i am asked but i would be surprised if the name isnt a regular reccomendation by the users on here. its over to you guys,whos happy?whos not ?

Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I agree with the comments from Ian - whilst purchasing the apartment may have been stressful in itself, the furniture package choice has been a nightmare!! Are you wanting to go to Cairo yourself to choose? How about a personal shopper - thats been mooted before but who offers this service? Other than agents, who else offers a furnishing service?

Nobody can show you a catalogue or any photos, styles etc, yet you are asked to supply descriptions or pictures etc that may or may not turn out to be what you want when you arrive! Or you are shown Ikea or Argos catalogues with prices to match, yet are in a low cost economy that should have prices reflective of it but aren't. So it seems the agents are creaming yet more money because the "vulnerable and unwary" purchaser doesn't know any better.

Well, I did loads of research, read threads on this forum, approached several companies all of whom supplied over priced furniture or goods that were not of good quality. Many failed to turn up for meetings despite having travelled to Sharm specifically to meet them. How professional is that?

I was beginning to despair and was on the verge of accepting the fact I would have to pay over the odds, until that is, I was put in touch (via this forum) with the owner of a soon to open store (it may be open by now) in Hadaba, named Sharm Dreamz. What a breath of fresh air!

Not only did the owner understand what I was looking for, he was able to supply a catalogue of the actual products he could supply and anything you wanted that wasn't shown, he would have photographed, mailed to you and then follow up to check you had it and was it what you required.

He turned up for meetings, drove you to his show homes so you could see what you were going to get and provided pricing that was reasonable and reflected the value of the goods and the quality of build. However, the standard of service and the customer focus was better than you would get from any high street retailers here in the UK! Nothing was to much trouble, no matter day or night, you would always get courteous follow up. Oh and delivery was within a week, instead of the ridiculous 45 days being claimed by many providers elsewhere.

Overall, I'm a very happy guy now, so don't give up in your search, if indeed you're still searching because you shouldn't be anymore. Just contact Tamer at Sharm Dreamz - you'll not do better in my humble opinion.

I'm just a satisfied customer giving credit where it is due, nothing more, nothing less. Sharm Dreamz is a first class outfit and I don't have a problem recommending that you use them.

Their customer focused approach will shake the market place up and probably be the catalyst for the others to change their approach, or risk losing their businesses entirely!

This store is exactly what Sharm needs............fair prices, quality goods and excellent service.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

Posts: 34 | From: UK/Sharm | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hazagig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello ian you must be the person on the other site as the post are simlar and to sharm dreamz and the recommendations are the same so i might as well talk to you here i go on the 24th feb so i will pop in as now iam pleased to read someone as rayman post as this is inportant to me as thier is a persom on the other site with a list of shops but this one seems to be near to me thanks
Posts: 16 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi haza,please dont take the word of one person (or 2 if you include myself)shop around,you may find better,who knows?but wherever you choose to purchase your furniture then please share your experiences with the rest of us.good luck mate and have a nice trip.maxvw
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hazagig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ian..oopppps sorry for saying your name
Posts: 16 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

? and your point is?
hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
i dont have one,
i just got some prices from the company mentioned on the other sites and it seems not everone is out to rip people off they seemed very helpful in what i wanteded and they have a big store in sharm i was told with everthing i would need and a big discount for british pounds and they have plans to open in a place called daqq they said i dont know where this is though ,mac thank you for your advice i will send you a message hen iam out there so you can show me the other places

ian475
Member # 11095

hazagig,i am pleased you found a company that satisfies your criteria finaly,i cant recall such a bold statement that EVERYONE is out to rip people off so perhaps you would be so kind as to jog my memory.
hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
who can we trust,where can i buy good quality,were is there a good choice,who wont rip us off,who offers vfm,etc etc".

IAN THIS IS WHAT YOU STATED NOT WHAT I SAID.

as of yet i have not found the company that i will be purchasing from.
i stated the people i spoke with didnt seem that way

ian475
Member # 11095

stated....who wont rip us off.
translated by you.....everyone is out to rip us off.
thank you for your part in keeping this thread going as it would have died a while ago without you.

hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
and it seems... NOT.. everone is out to rip people off they seemed very helpful in what i wanteded and they have a big store .

LET MAKE THIS CLEAR IAN THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT I SAID YOU MERLY TOOK ME OUT OF CONTEXT YOU LEFT THE ALL INPORTANT WORD OUT,,,,NOT,,,,

YES AND THIS THREAD WILL CARRY ON FOR EVER IF PEOPLE START PICK FAULT WITH PEOPLE S COMENTS AND NOT READING THEM CORRECTLY

ian475
Member # 11095

hazagig,unlike you i find plenty to do with my time and discussing the english language with
a far superior intellectual such as yourself is at the bottom of my important list as i can see that i am on a hiding to nothing by your command of the written word.i am therefore going to close this conversation WITH YOU and admit defeat gracefully.so please feel free to post your inane drivel now and you can sleep in the safe knowledge that i will not reply to you.remember haza,no response from me,but please keep your reply to a acceptable level of guesswork as to what you are saying so anybody else that may possibly look forward to your pointless ramblings can actualy understand.thank you and good day.

dimka
Member # 12837

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dimka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,

Any news when Sharm Dreamz is opening? If it isn't actually open yet, how are people buying from them now (e.g. rayman)? Also, any indication as to what prices one should expect to pay (in Cairo, at the rip-off agents, and at dreamz)? I realise 'it depends what you want', (quality, amount of stuff, etc), but a rough guide would be nice for the uninitiated.

Come on experts - talk cash.

Cheers.

--------------------
Dimka

Posts: 11 | From: Russia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dimka
Member # 12837

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dimka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,

Any news when Sharm Dreamz is opening? If it isn't actually open yet, how are people buying from them now (e.g. rayman)? Also, any indication as to what prices one should expect to pay (in Cairo, at the rip-off agents, and at dreamz)? I realise 'it depends what you want', (quality, amount of stuff, etc), but a rough guide would be nice for the uninitiated.

Come on experts - talk cash.

Cheers.

--------------------
Dimka

Posts: 11 | From: Russia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dimka

I actually got in touch with them via this forum. In the thread about buying in Sharm they have posted recently - contact is Tamer and Hamis, so send them PM.

They were excellent in supplying what I needed and I'm sure you'll find them very helpful. I don't know how much things cost in Cairo. All I can tell you is that Sharm Dreamz saved me thousands when compared to the agent and the quality was as good, actually even better in most cases.

The store in Hadaba was due to open this month some time. I'm out there next week so I'll try find out.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

Posts: 34 | From: UK/Sharm | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamer & hamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Hazagig, why you always have bad feeling about everyone when they try to recommend anything just see and what they write and test that by yourself to have the right judge any way I hope you found what you are looking for and my recommend is buy everything from UK it will cheaper
Dear Dimka, if you want know anything about sharm dreamz it will open soon and I will tell you about the site address rather than if you have questions about the furniture you can send me pm and then I will answer all your questions.

Posts: 24 | From: Sharm El Sheikh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
hello tammer i did not say bad word against you and wish you well and sorry for misunderstanding please i will vist your in time to come as i told you before and was said by me in the past once again goodluck
ian475
Member # 11095

hazagig,do i know you?
hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
no, not at all ian
dimka
Member # 12837

Rate Member
Rayman - Cheers. I've contacted him and and waiting for a reply. Keep us ITK about how it goes with furniture.

I'm not from Russia but when I registered with this site I was there (Moscow). My wife's Russian. I'm from Manchester but I spend a lot of time over there.

Dimka

--------------------
Dimka

ian475
Member # 11095

hazagig,i notice you go sharm tomorrow,by coincidence i find i have to be there now also,where are you staying?pm me your details if you like and i will gladly meet up with you and buy you a drink and we can also share what we know about furniture availability in sharm,i will also show you where sharmdreamz is located seeing as you ask so many questions about it,look forward to hearing from you,i am sure that between us we can find suitable furnishings for your new 120 sqm apartment,that must be 2 bedrooms mustnt it?or is it 3?where did you say it is located?
REGARDS IAN

catni
Member # 13111

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I am in the process of buying an apt in sharm and I too need furniture. I have found all your coments very helpful. Can anyone tell me how to contact Tamar at Sharm Dreamz?

many thanks

Posts: 1 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you read well then you wouldnt be asking the question just pm him,

and i belive if iam not mistaken hazgig said they will be there in april not now

Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

quote:
Originally posted by hazagig:
hello ian you must be the person on the other site as the post are simlar and to sharm dreamz and the recommendations are the same so i might as well talk to you here i go on the 24th feb so i will pop in as now iam pleased to read someone as rayman post as this is inportant to me as thier is a persom on the other site with a list of shops but this one seems to be near to me thanks

"and i belive if iam not mistaken hazgig said they will be there in april not now"

perhaps for once you was mistaken mac,24th feb was mentioned.unless you was reffering to something else.

mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all i seen on thier post is they are out in may, yes i was mistaken i said april
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

tamer,i will be out in a couple of weeks,is there any news on sharmdreamz grand opening as i would like to visit it whilst i am there.i have checked out the web link you sent me and its looking good,is there any update when it goes on line.thanks
mac0623
Member # 10529

and i belive if iam not mistaken hazgig said they will be there in april not now"

perhaps for once you was mistaken mac,24th feb was mentioned.unless you was reffering to something else. .

no in the later post they said april as they had trouible with family.

yes i understand thier is several companies now will go online in the coming weeks in sharm so a good choice for all a big shop opening on the way into sharm

caj
Member # 13124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi how much roughly to furnish 1 bed 60m apartment including air con unit
Posts: 16 | From: scotland | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

1 bed 60m apartment including air con unit and satelite system,£2800,approximately of course as it would depend on many variables such as quality and whether you wanted gold plated cutlery!!!!
caj
Member # 13124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is this buying in sharm or cairo
the partment is bare so would need lights couple kitchen units cooker aicon beds sofa the works
(it does have all the toilet stuff but not shower screen)were looking kind of mid range stuff to exclusive but not basic

Posts: 16 | From: scotland | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

that would be buying in sharm and would include your lights kitchen ac the works as you put it.
kar-neale
Member # 12409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kar-neale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian,
Are these prices with Sharm Dreamz?
Do you know if anyone has had problems with not taking the furniture package if you want your property managed by the resort?

Posts: 8 | From: South Wales | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

hi kar neale,yes that price is through sharmdreamz.yes i have heard of problems with regards not buying the furniture packages that the developer offers to allow renting.i suppose that is the kind of detail that needs to be negotiated at the time of purchasing the appartment originally.apologies for the short reply but i am currently in the hotel lobby in sharm and i am going to get a beer.
veronica ella
Member # 13434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veronica ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just to let you know rayman,i have been intouch with tamer,from sharmdreamz,his web site will be up and running,within the next 6days,he was very helpful.if you get anymore info about sharmdreamz,or any other company ,i would appreciate your advise.
Posts: 126 | From: england | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T8PRA
Member # 13513

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for T8PRA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys,

Had the formidable task of furnishing two apartments at the same time. Was costly as Cairo is very expensive in my opinion. I did this last week so if anyone wants any tips let me know.

Ifty.saiyed@gmail.com

Posts: 30 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamer & hamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all,

you are kindly invited to view our website www.sharmdreamz.com and your comments is highly appreciated

Posts: 24 | From: Sharm El Sheikh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
hi all,
i was looking to hear your feedback about the

veronica ella
Member # 13434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veronica ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi tamer&hamis.as i have said before,i was impressed with your furniture,i was pleased to see you can also provide me with my electricle goods,and my curtains,i can now stop worrying,and also you are not far from my apartment,Good Luck and best wishes.see you soon,i have sent you an e.mail.
Posts: 126 | From: england | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
hi veronica & thanks again about your positive comments and we supply the electricle goods and curtains and everything else so, don't worry as my word you will never find the quailty with the prices you have it.
i am looking forward to meet you soon and in your next visit i will escort you to see the turkey furniture in sharm and if you like something of it i promise you i will bring it for you with discount near from 20% to see how the prices in sharm going
Regards
Tamer

tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
veronica i forgot to tell you as you the first one purchase through the website you will have big surprise will save for you a lot of money small gift from the egyptian ........ regards
veronica ella
Member # 13434

Thank you Tamer,i look foreward to that,and to see you all,I trust you completely,to furnish my home,and to THANK YOU once again,for your kindness,im sending you a pm.have a good day.
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
i hope you read my pm to you and waiting your reply hehehehehe.
veronica ella
Member # 13434

I would like to thank Ian&raymon,for all their advice,and for putting me in touch with SHARM DREAMZ.The service i have recieved from TAMER&HAMIS,has been absolutily amazing.I can now just sit back,and leave everything in their hands.I am so happy to know,when i arrive in sharm,my home will be all funished for me,what more could i ask for.TAMER&HAMIS,have made my dreamz come true,
ian475
Member # 11095

julie,i have lost your number,can you please send it me again,thanks
ian475
Member # 11095

its ok,found it now,i will call you over the weekend.
sharmer2
Member # 13710

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmer2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a by the by comment - what you have to remember is that when you show a carpenter company a picture of an ikea bedroom or table - they are making that from scratch to your own personal design - not like ikea who are buying en mass 100's of 1000's - so if you see a carpenter you are better off - value for money giving them a picture of a total one off designer luxury item to make as the price will not be too different - dependant on what type of wood you want to use. You cannot compare the cost of something from ikea to something made personally for you in Egypt? Yes the salaries are lower compared to UK - but do you think Ikea get things made by carpenters in the UK?? The only reason their prices are cheap is because they sell by the 1000's so getting a 'one off' made to your design for a similar price to buing in the uk without shipping costs is surely a bargain?
Posts: 31 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

hi sharmer2,thank you for taking the time to explain this.you are of course right in what you atate and to be honest it isnt something i have thought of but i certainly like your logic.
ian475
Member # 11095

quote:
Originally posted by hazagig:
ian..oopppps sorry for saying your name

hey haza,how you doing.caused any more trouble lately,perhaps by the name sbln70.
sharmer2,i dont for one minute doubt your integrity but please dont be misguided by troublemakers with there own motives.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com