EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Working in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Working in Egypt
Teyna
Member # 13965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teyna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I've been offered a position within a hotel in Sharm, the contract is for 1 year. Can anyone tell me if I would have to stay for the entire year or could I leave during the contract time if for instance something else came up or I got too home sick???

Sorry if it sounds like a daft question! Hope someone can help though.

Posts: 32 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teyna:
Hi

I've been offered a position within a hotel in Sharm, the contract is for 1 year. Can anyone tell me if I would have to stay for the entire year or could I leave during the contract time if for instance something else came up or I got too home sick???

Sorry if it sounds like a daft question! Hope someone can help though.

yes you can leave any time with at at least 2 weeks to 1 month noticed no problem at all [Smile]
as you are paid by month you didnt like it you got better offer you notice your manager i got an offer with x cash
he offer rais or you simply give notice you leave after 2 weeks or 1 month max so they find replacement
amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeiad Yehia
Member # 13605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeiad Yehia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Tenya,

It is based on what's written in your contract. Right to quit, vacations, salary, and all the pertinent stuff are articulated in your work contract. Consequently, istead of enquiring about it, read it, seek a copy of their contract, read it thoroughly, and then you'll be able to take a deliberate decision.

Posts: 18 | From: Sharm el Sheikh | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teyna
Member # 13965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teyna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your replies. I have copy and pasted this from the contract:

"In case of leaving the work before six months of starting date, all the expenses of taking out the work permit will be deducted from the salary with the amount of 1500.00 L.E (One thousand five hundreds Egyptian pounds)"

to me, it seems I can leave but the work permit fees will be charged to me. I just wanted to make sure though just in case, [Wink]

Thanks again for answering my question. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so you got a job and thinking already about leaving lol [Big Grin]
good luck [Smile]
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teyna
Member # 13965

Rate Member
Haha, that sounds awful when you put it like that, but what if I hate it, I need to know I can go home if I wanted to! [Wink]
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
u can alwys go tell them iam gona buy some gum
then go buy it from afganstant hehe
you worry to much its not bad to plane but some time you have to communicate one to one in your work with your manager you will be surprised how good things goes if you have good WORK relation ship with your manager [Smile] Egyptians are so emotionally involved even at work [Smile]
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Zeiad Yehia
Member # 13605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeiad Yehia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tenya,

Apparently this is the situation then. Unless other articles in the contract state additional obligations.

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor

Posts: 18 | From: Sharm el Sheikh | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com