EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Exchange rates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exchange rates
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
http://i8.tinypic.com/72ru24x.jpg

because Oldbag is a Sad Bag and has missed her graphs - she has now updated the daily interbank exchange rate graphs she keeps for £, USD and EURo against the Egyptian Pound and for your delight and delectation has made a pic of them.

If you are interested, then copy the pic onto your computer and view it large.

These daily rates are interbank rates since 19th September 2003 to yesterday. What a person will get in a bank will be a bit less.
What a person will get in a tourist exchange booth is a lot less.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Oldbag doing business in Egypt?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

No (not yet!) but as she is living off savings for the time being, she does have to worry about what the best things to do with her money are in terms of savings and currencies!

My plan is to do work in the UK over the internet so I will need to think about how I will get paid and in what currency.

Anyway, I love big sheets of numbers and graphs - they are my soul-mates [Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Old bag!Could you pls advice as which season(month)To change £into L.E And vice versa?it could help a lot of travellers in and out of Egypt. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Thank you

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Maxman, I can't offer any kind of advice on that!
The currencies fluctuate daily!
Me personally as a personal person - I'm not going to change any money for the time being unless I have to!

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exchange rates are related to many factors, and right now it seems to be that the EP regarded to € is way to expensive. One month ago it was something like 8.16 (if I remember it right) while it was 6.17. Anyway, the ones who are not in need to exchange into foreign currencies are waiting now.
I'll advice you to earn salary in €....

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

As a service to our clients, Oldbag Amalgamated MegaCorp Plc have updated our currency exchange graphs to 10th January 2008.

£ - LE http://i11.tinypic.com/82kp36s.jpg

US$ - LE http://i10.tinypic.com/8ghf42e.jpg

Euro - LE http://i16.tinypic.com/7wpor6h.jpg

Data taken from www.oanda.com
Daily interbank rates used.
A personal person will get less!

jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use yahoo as my home page, and have it set up to show currency exchange rates, and have been doing that for years now.
so everytime I wanna know, and every morning when I get online - there it is.
you can set it up to show a gazillion different types of monies.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com