EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » How much money do you make?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much money do you make?
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People were wondering how much Egyptians make and that is very good question.

I was wondering - How much money do members on this message board make?

Who doesn't want to answer they should not.

But for those who don't mind telling... here we go. How much do you make?

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG here it is again. LML I cant keep up, way above me this is!

Tell me something, is English not your first language? Not attacking here, just asking.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..................... i agree whats this???
what about money?? can ya be more specific?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
woah im experiencing some strange things today [Eek!] topics are changing before my very eyes [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
girl are we f>>>>in blind i swear when iposted a reply there was nothin there jus............
mmmmmmmmmmmm
i think i need some sleep!!!!!!
im seein **** hahahahahaha

im goin mental insane cas i did not see 1 letter nor word [Confused] [Smile]

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to make money, but almost got caught and stopped doing that. Please don't call the police.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:
People were wondering how much Egyptians make and that is very good question.

I was wondering - How much money do members on this message board make?

Who doesn't want to answer they should not.

But for those who don't mind telling... here we go. How much do you make?

In Europe asking about somebodies income is considered as unpolight, seems to be different in the US, but I don't know the cultural rules in this...
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I agree with ?????, asking this is considered rude in my culture. It might have made a difference if the topic starter had started off with "I make X amount of dollars" then proceeded to ask the questions of others.

I am now wondering, given the many recent threads started by the same poster, if there is some personal problem with a man and this is why the topics are all based around relationships, being dumped, how to do this and that with your SO and now incomes. The original topic was slightly different to this and was posted in more than one forum, it does keep changing as we answer though, showing that there is some confusion as to what she really wants to ask.

--------------------

Tahira
Member # 14729

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tahira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Asking someones income in most western countries is unpolite. I can't believe someone would ask such personal question.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An individuals personal income is just that personal.

--------------------
www.sierraresortnabq.co.uk

Posts: 124 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i get just enough to sustain my lifestyle!!!

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LML, what color of panties do you wear this morning? If you don't want to answer you shouldn't have to!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those who find this question too personal don't need to tell, but once you show dissatisfaction with question asked that is surely a sign you don't make money, or you make very little.

I was wondering how much money ES members make overall?

Is ES having most members who are unemployed, employed, or self-employed and how much money on avarage members make?

According to results so far, it's 0.

I could perhaps make an observation that most members here are poor and have no jobs, or have very low paid jobs.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Self employed and what I earn is between me and the tax man!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Those who find this question too personal don't need to tell, but once you show dissatisfaction with question asked that is surely a sign you don't make money, or you make very little.

I could perhaps make an observation that most members here are poor and have no jobs, or have very low paid jobs.

Yes, we're poor because we don't like you being nosy.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

Showing 'dissatisfaction' with the question could also surely mean they make loads and dont feel a need to have it plastered all over the net.

Showing dissatisfaction with the question could also surely show they think it a rude question to ask.

Asking the question surely shows someone raised with very little manners though! [Wink]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any person has to have moral, ethical and personal norms about what can and what cannot be asked to total strangers.
There are already a lot of institutions busy with datacollecting, who have to or want to protect individual civilians against abusemnet of these data by privacy regulations.
LML's questions might be just a way to be provoking, because everybody is well aware of how sensible this questions are, but also this can be an attempt to cause major troubles on a later term.
So, my advice is not to answer. It's not of your damned business!!!! That's the way they answer this in the States, isn't it???

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's understandable. There is actually a relationship between level of education and income.

If you have bunch of members with high school GED's and dropouts, (like some who object such question as well as level of education poll), then, of course...

income question would be sensitive as well and it could only mean - people who are uneducated or have low levels of education tend to have lower income or no income.

Now members who do have higher income or are hapy with what they make usually express satisfaction with no objections.

It would be actually disappointing to find out that ES members have in fact: 1) High School as their highest level of education - and 2) very low or no income.

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] You remind me of someone I know, not even half the city trying to convince him would manage.

Simply Stupid.

Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's understandable. There is actually a relationship between level of education and income.

If you have bunch of members with high school GED's and dropouts, (like some who object such question as well as level of education poll), then, of course...

income question would be sensitive as well and it could only mean - people who are uneducated or have low levels of education tend to have lower income or no income.

Now members who do have higher income or are hapy with what they make usually express satisfaction with no objections.

It would be actually disappointing to find out that ES members have in fact: 1) High School as their highest level of education - and 2) very low or no income.

How extremely scientific of you. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

So, my advice is not to answer. It's not of your damned business!!!! That's the way they answer this in the States, isn't it???

[Big Grin] Damn right ?????. We would say, it's none of your damn business!! [Big Grin] Your catching on to American Culture. Im glad to see that its the same in europe, but I have to say most of the time someone who is asking me how much I make is usually a foreigner!!Is it like that in your country too?? American's consider this to be in bad taste to ask each other how much the other makes, Hell I couldnt even ask my own brother!!
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
well as everyone has shown objection and as no one has put their income, it seems we are all low educated low income on this thread. [Big Grin] But hey! most of us can spell! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rumi is correct. My mother is American (father is not). I have never witnessed people in America (nor Egypt) asking the other how much the other makes. It is impolite and crude, no matter what your degree/salary, etc. It certainly does not reflect your worth.
Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Same in Egypt.

I mean, it's weird that someone would want to know. Why do they want to know how many another person makes ? To feel superior if they make more ? To envy them if they make less ? To judge their lifestyle ?

Can't think of any positive reasons for that question.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
Same in Egypt.

I mean, it's weird that someone would want to know. Why do they want to know how many another person makes ? To feel superior if they make more ? To envy them if they make less ? To judge their lifestyle ?

Can't think of any positive reasons for that question.

Because that person was challenged to start an 'intelligent topic' [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lml, so be the first to tell [Smile]
I don't know your nationality but it s a personal preference to talk about this subject, not natioanl preference [Razz]

After you, I will tell [Big Grin]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

[Big Grin] Damn right ?????. We would say, it's none of your damn business!! [Big Grin] Your catching on to American Culture. Im glad to see that its the same in europe, but I have to say most of the time someone who is asking me how much I make is usually a foreigner!!Is it like that in your country too?? American's consider this to be in bad taste to ask each other how much the other makes, Hell I couldnt even ask my own brother!!
Nobody has ever asked me how much money I make, except the tax-inspector, but he is very unpolite .... [Razz]

Sometimes people are asking in a carefull way; one time an Egyptian just asked me : Are you rich? [Wink] ( To you I probably am, in my own country nothing special)
Also one time an American asked me: Does your job make much money? (Enough to afford me a holiday in the same place as you do)

It is considered as unpolight...
In average people are not asking directly but they make their own conclusion based on work, house, car, holidays,etc...

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Showing 'dissatisfaction' with the question could also surely mean they make loads and dont feel a need to have it plastered all over the net.

Showing dissatisfaction with the question could also surely show they think it a rude question to ask.

Asking the question surely shows someone raised with very little manners though! [Wink]

Who is this Shirley I keep hearing of?
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

LOL! [Big Grin] That woman is perhaps on some treatment.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

Not sure VB, it was LML, the one that needs treatment, that mentioned her first. Perhaps Shirley Valentine?
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laverne & Shirley.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Laverne & Shirley.

ill be laverne and you can be you can be fonzie vb [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com