EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Gap Inc. to open stores in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gap Inc. to open stores in Egypt
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday, September 19, 2008 - 11:11 AM MDT

Gap Inc. to open stores in Mexico, Egypt and Jordan

Gap Inc. is gaining international ground with new franchise agreements to open stores in Mexico, Egypt and Jordan.

The new agreement brings to 21 the number of countries with approved Gap franchisees. The first franchisee was signed in January 2006, and over 100 franchised Gaps and Banana Republic stores are now open in 13 countries.

In Mexico, Gap (NYSE: GPS) will open stores within stores at a Mexican department store chain through a partnership with Distribuidora Liverpool. Gap products will become available in spring 2009. The company has an office in Albuquerque responsible for some of its financial and back-office services. There are also Gap and Gap Kids stores in the city's two largest shopping malls, Coronado Center and Cottonwood Mall.

Gap Inc. will also expand its Middle East presence with franchised Gap and Banana Republic stores in Egypt and Jordan. Fawaz Alhokair Group will open the first Gap stores in Egypt and Jordan by the end of the year, with Banana Republic stores following in 2009. Fawaz Alhokair also has franchised Gap and Banana Republic stores in Saudi Arabia.

Gap and Banana Republic franchise stores are now open in Bahrain, Greece, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Philippines, Turkey and United Arab Emirates. The company has also announced franchise agreements to open stores in Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Romania and Russia over the next five years.

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/stories/2008/09/15/daily33.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE QueeN
Member # 14639

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE QueeN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow thanks for the information. You made my day.
The Gap in Egypt? Gonna go hop on a plane right now.

Posts: 77 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there is a baby Gap with school age kids clothes I am estatic.

The childrens clothes appear to have been sitting in a warehouse since the 1970s. I saved my photos from childhood and the clothes for children during that era were hideous.

Besides Gap might open a factory or several in Egypt and that means more employment for the sha'bi.

Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com