EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Advice please....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice please....
CheekyMonkey
Member # 3995

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheekyMonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

My Egyptian Husband and I are settled in here in the UK. He is currently on 'Stand By' with the Egyptian army and has been for the last 3 years. He is due to go back and present himself the the army on the 7th July to collect a permanent exemption certificate, however we've received info from a an Egyptian lawyer that he can actually get his brother (who still lives in Egypt) to go on his behalf but we must seek permission from the Egyptian Embassy here in the UK. Just wondered if anyone can verify this? He's just been granted Indefinate Leave to Remain. Thanks in advance

Posts: 9 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how old is ur hubby ,my hubby got his letter this week before he come just wondering if its the same ..or has ur hubby already done his service already and still has to be availeble.i know his brother has done hos id before but not know of this one ..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CheekyMonkey
Member # 3995

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheekyMonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ChImPs,

My hubby is 23 in September, he hasn't done his service as he explained to me that when he initially went they didn't want him and gave him a 'green' temporary exemption certificate for three years, which expires next month. I think I will contact the Egyptian Embassy and see if they can help, after all that's what the lawyer in Egypt sugessted. I just don't want to find out at last minute that he has to go himself, I mean I'd love to go with him but money's tight and I dont think the little one would cope with the heat out there at this time of year.

Posts: 9 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH I SEE ,i remeber this happening wif another woman and if he never went bck they cudnt do nothing until he set foot back oin the country ,but by then he was already a british citezen he had rights then ..my hubby is 33 and he done his service but he still has to get a paper to say its fine for him to leave ..there is a way out of this i do know this ...but do get advice indepnedently has well ,have u had letters yet from them telling him its nearely finshed they can be rats if they have not looked it up and forgotton and u reminded them ..good luck ..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CheekyMonkey
Member # 3995

Member Rated:
As far as i know he hasn't received any letters, although I will get him to check tonight when he rings his mother. He isn't yet a British Citizen either, he can't apply for that for another year now. Thanks for all your help...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com