EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » qualifications to be President of the United States

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: qualifications to be President of the United States
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a University of Tennessee classroom, they were discussing the qualifications to be President of the United States . It was pretty simple; the candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least 35 years of age.
>
>However, one girl in the class immediately
started in on how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen.
In short, her opinion was that this requirement prevented many capable
individuals from becoming president.

The class was taking it in and letting her rant, but everyone's jaw hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by stating, "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

Yep; these are the same 18-year-olds
that elected the current President of the United States . Now we know why.

And don't forget... Not only do they vote,
They walk among us! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha... OMG! I do hope this is for comedy purposes and not true.

I cannot be sure as it has been made clear to me on a few occassions that there are some really stupid American people [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

I cannot be sure as it has been made clear to me on a few occassions that there are some really stupid American people [Wink]

Yes, and it's not always those you expect to be either, but education doesn't always equal intelligence does it. [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

excuse me? i feel i am quite smart sometimes [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall meeting an American journalist in Ma'adi a few years back (with a couple of ES girls present) called me 'pedantic' as I told her I was from England when she asked where I was from.... and I quote:

'It is like me saying I am Virginian whan you ask where I am from, why did you say the state name?'

I informed her England is a country and not a state, she then went on to tell me I was stupid and everyone knows England isn't a country because at the Olympics we field as the GB Team.

When I asked her to explain England in the World Cup I think she realsied she was basically a retard [Big Grin] Still argued on for a good 20 minutes with me about my wrongness lmfao!

She then left the table and told me she could get a cab on her own as she had been in Egypt long enough to understand the way of life here and didn't need us to leave with her. I questioned how long she had been in Egypt and she told me 12 weeks.

I guffawed [Big Grin] (and I recall being sarcastic, go figure)

THEN... a few months after, I was out with Nile FM DJ Lara and I told her this story, she apologised on behalf of America and called her American friend over from another table to share this story... he never knew England was a country either. Lara and I were in stitches. She again apologised to me on behalf of America [Big Grin]

For those who recall this girl, she was the one who sat slagging off western ladies who date Egyptians... for your knowledge and pleasure I last saw her in the BCA with her arms all covered up hanging off a young Egyptians arm. [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com