EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Massinissa is black north africa!! Confirmed!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Massinissa is black north africa!! Confirmed!!!!!!!!
Aïmane
Berber arabised
Member # 23349

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aïmane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/death-of-sophonisba-banquet-scene/BgGHPp17eOovtA?hl=fr

--------------------
Numidia

Posts: 14 | From: France | Registered: Jan 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Any contexts to that fresco?? Which one is Sophonisba and which is Massinissa?

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://tinyurl.com/yy8h8cmx
 -

-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesarion

Caesarion

Ptolemy XV Caesar 23 June 47 BC – late August 30 BC), nicknamed Caesarion , was the last pharaoh of ancient Egypt, reigning with his mother Cleopatra from 2

Caesarion was the eldest son of Cleopatra and the only biological son of Julius Caesar, after whom he was named. He was the last sovereign member of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt.

. His mother Cleopatra insisted that he was the son of Roman politician and dictator Julius Caesar, and while he was said to have inherited Caesar's looks and manner, Caesar did not officially acknowledge him. One of Caesar's supporters, Gaius Oppius, even wrote a pamphlet which attempted to prove that Caesar could not have fathered Caesarion. Nevertheless, Caesar may have allowed Caesarion to use his name.[4] The matter became contentious when Caesar's adopted son, Octavian, came into conflict with Cleopatra.

After Caesar's assassination on 15 March 44 BC, Cleopatra and Caesarion returned to Egypt. Caesarion was named co-ruler by his mother on 2 September 44 BC at the age of three,[8] although he was pharaoh in name only, with Cleopatra keeping actual authority. Cleopatra compared her relationship to her son with that of the Egyptian goddess Isis and her divine child Horus.

After the defeat of Mark Antony and Cleopatra at the Battle of Actium in 31 BC, Cleopatra seems to have groomed Caesarion to take over as "sole ruler without his mother".[4] She may have intended to go into exile, perhaps with Antony, who may have hoped that he would be allowed to retire as Lepidus had. Caesarion reappears in the historical record in 30 BC, when Octavian invaded Egypt and searched for him. Cleopatra may have sent Caesarion, 17 years old at the time, to the Red Sea port of Berenice for safety, possibly as part of plans for an escape to India; he may have been sent years earlier, but the sources are unclear. Plutarch does say that Caesarion was sent to India, but also that he was lured back by false promises of the kingdom of Egypt:

Caesarion, who was said to be Cleopatra's son by Julius Caesar, was sent by his mother, with much treasure, into India, by way of Ethiopia. There Rhodon, another tutor like Theodorus, persuaded him to go back, on the ground that [Octavian] Caesar invited him to take the kingdom

Octavian captured the city of Alexandria on 1 August 30 BC, the date that marks the official annexation of Egypt to the Roman Republic.

Octavian is supposed to have had Pharaoh Caesarion executed in Alexandria, following the advice of Arius Didymus, who said "Too many Caesars is not good" (a pun on a line in Homer).[16] It is popularly thought that he was strangled, but the exact circumstances of his death have not been documented.[citation needed] Octavian then assumed absolute control of Egypt. The year 30 BC was considered the first year of the new ruler's reign according to the traditional chronological system of Egypt
Few images of Caesarion survive. He is thought to be depicted in a partial statue found in the harbor of Alexandria in 1997 and is also portrayed twice in relief, as an adult pharaoh, with his mother on the Temple of Hathor at Dendera. His infant image appears on some bronze coins of Cleopatra.

-
A granodiorite statue believed to be Caesarion. He became co-ruler at the age of three with Cleopatra VII and renamed Ptolemy XV. His father Julius Caesar never publicly acknowledged him preferring to name Octavian as his heir.

https://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/cleopatra/article_397761d8-d111-5fa5-a53e-d0535207410f.html

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I have to ask how anyone could be confident it's either Sophonisba or Cleopatra. It's not like there's any text identifying the subjects. How do we know it's even a depiction of suicide? The woman looks like she could simply be holding out a bowl for one of her servants to pour her a drink.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.coinarchives.com/a/results.php?results=100&search=micipsa

-

coins with this bearded head and horse on the obverse are often but not always listed as
Massinissa or Micipsa

Micipsa (Berber: MKWSN; Punic: 𐤌𐤊𐤅‬𐤎𐤍‬, mkwsn; died c. 118 BC) was the eldest legitimate son of Masinissa, the King of Numidia, a Berber kingdom in North Africa. Micipsa became the King of Numidia in 148 BC.

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aïmane
Berber arabised
Member # 23349

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aïmane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Juba look afar somali not europeen
The haïr is Not European but north African/east African

--------------------
Numidia

Posts: 14 | From: France | Registered: Jan 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aïmane
Berber arabised
Member # 23349

Rate Member
Djeheti yes

--------------------
Numidia

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aïmane:
Juba look afar somali not europeen
The haïr is Not European but north African/east African

The tightly curled hair on his head does look like an "Afro", even though the texture of his beard is rendered as wavy or straight. Strange.

That said, IIRC, the Iberomaurisian aDNA that we have sampled has shown both alleles for darker skin and at least one allele for straighter hair. So even the straighter-haired Numidians could possibly have been quite dark-skinned. So maybe something like this.

-

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aïmane
Berber arabised
Member # 23349

Rate Member
Thanks you Juba 2 look a berber or arabo berber from Biskra lmao

--------------------
Numidia

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Aïmane

Are you actually Berber?

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aïmane
Berber arabised
Member # 23349

Rate Member
Yes i am berber arabised

--------------------
Numidia

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes i am berber arabised

That's whats up! What country? Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria?

Also, not that it matters(just curious) but you consider yourself Black or no? lol I ask because hardly any online Berber would argue an Ancient Berber person was Black. Most be on some crusade to protest their heritage from those "evil Afrocentrics."

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -  -

Above we have a A Roman wall painting from the House of Giuseppe II in Pompeii dated 1st century AD

Going by either version on the far right is Caesarion, son of Cleopatra who died in 30 BC

if not him it's Numidian king Massanissa who died in 148 BC

or the scene if of unknown persons, whatever
At left in the picture some other dark figures also

question:

in your opinion are the female holding the bowl and male figure with her, the two figures on the right we have been talking about both of the same ethnicity?

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
Detail, House of Giuseppe II, wall painting, Pompeii, Italy

Aïmane
Berber arabised
Member # 23349

Rate Member
I don't know at all I think it is surely a Sudanese from the south that explains why she is dark that Massinissa

--------------------
Numidia

Aïmane
Berber arabised
Member # 23349

Rate Member
Askip thé great i am originally algérian and I am olive skinned and don't worry I'm not an Aryanist Berberist

--------------------
Numidia

Aïmane
Berber arabised
Member # 23349

Rate Member
I am no considered liké black but mixed race or biracial quadroons

--------------------
Numidia

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Askip thé great i am originally algérian and I am olive skinned and don't worry I'm not an Aryanist Berberist

can you explain about Algeria the way it is now.
What is your guess on the percentage people say that are a particular group?
How much would you guess people say
"I'm a Berber"
and compared to how many say
"I'm an Arab"
or say
"I'm an Arab Berber"
or
"I'm black"

are these the main categories that people call themselves?
Do some people say they are "white" also?

And do some people use "Amazigh" instead of "Berber"

Also how much racism is there now and how does it work?

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Aïmane

Roger and noted. Like I said just curious. Just that its cool to see level headed North Africans on here.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com