EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » *Video of Vandalizing of Egyptian Temple*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *Video of Vandalizing of Egyptian Temple*
blackmore
Member # 15735

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for blackmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the link below you will see a guy vandalize protected ancient architecture and writings. In some people's views he is commiting a sacrilegious act.

The video isn't graphic, however some may find it offensive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfD4GEYTFUA

Pass it on, post it on your favorite forums etc., so maybe it will get noticed by some organisations who can track the perpetrator.

Take care.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it may be shocking to some, the fact is that ancient Egyptian temples and monuments have been treated to this form of behavior for thousands of years. In fact most of the desecration to Egyptian monuments happened thousands of years ago, including during dynastic Egyptian history itself. Heck, there are even people living in some Egyptian monuments even to this day and Egyptian tombs have been used as temporary lodging by many explorers and archaeologists.
Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackmore
Member # 15735

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, 17 times, I have been to Egypt (shortest trip 2 weeks, longest 2 months) and I never saw people living in the tombs/temples. Some live in ruins which have nothing to do with Egyptology or architecture. I also never saw traces of them urinating in them. I did see many 'graffiti' in English on the walls, with pencils or carved into the walls even. Very 'funny' things like 'Mark was here'.

It is forbidden to live in them and there are guards 24 hours a day with machine guns guarding them. I came too close one night and was pointed a gun at so where you got your info from is a mystery to me [Smile]

Besides, even if that was the case (false), how does that condone what this barbarian is doing? How can you compare what happened thousands of years ago to what someone does now in a country that is hosting him?

I mean you didn't condemn him, so.

Cheers.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here we go again [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People were living in tombs around the city of Qurna in Egypt up until last year. The sites in Egypt are ruins and have been treated as quarries, homes, trash dumps and vandalized over the last 2,000 years. What I am saying is that what happened here in this case isn't unsual in that respect. The only difference is that we actually have evidence of it. There are many sites in Egypt that are wide open to the elements and general population which do not have the extensive protection found in other locations. Yes, people admire the ruins of ancient Egypt, but that is what they are, ruins.

Maybe the guy just had to go or maybe it was meant as some sort of "desecration", but the fact is that such things happen at ancient sites.

Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackmore
Member # 15735

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, seriously, when is the last time you went to Egypt, I wonder?

What you say there is incorrect. Those sites you talk about has nothing to do with Egyptology or ancient sites which are under protection..meaning the ones with hieroglyphs, etc..

You are, excuse me, talking out of your bum. And the fact you think urinating in a temple is normal, shows your ethics and morals which are very low.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com