EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » king tuts funeral mask

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: king tuts funeral mask
layman
Member # 5676

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for layman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it amazing they were able to make something like this mask so long ago.I can't seem to find out how they did it.Maybe cause it was never no mystery? Can someone enlighten me?Hard to believe they hammered something of such great detail out of a piece of gold.I never read anywhere that that is simply how they did it.It is way to detailed for that is it not? Tired of guessing but not of reasearching myself to find out.Everything about this is more interesting to me than anything but maybe how the universe itself was forged.Any ideas or input on this would be great even if you don't know how it was made. Thanks
Posts: 1 | From: sf sd usa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LivinginLuxor
Member # 5660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LivinginLuxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the mask was made in several sections from different sheets of gold - the join between the face and the rest of the mask can be clearly seen, and some people have suggested that the face was replaced from another mask. It is a remarkable piece of work, but it wasn't difficult to beat gold in those days, as it is not difficult today. To me, the solid gold coffin is perhaps more impressive in it's manufacture.

------------------
Stan
www.eternalegypt.co.uk

Posts: 16 | From: Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com