EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: NIGER ARABS TO FIGHT EXPULSION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: NIGER ARABS TO FIGHT EXPULSION
SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEEKING     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6081416.stm
Posts: 391 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. I wonder what specific incidents sparked this explusion. Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also,

I wonder what kind of "Arabs" these are......are these "Sudanese" Arabs, meaning people of an Arabized culture, or are they Arabs as we sterotypically perceive Arabs to be..........Salaam.

P.S.-I wonder what the Sudanese government thinks of this situation........lol. Salaam

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince_of_punt
Member # 9845

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince_of_punt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ Niger is in west Africa by the way and not Sudan, so why would the Sudanese Arabs even care?

I think the Niger Arabs look similar to the Tuareg of Niger and Mali as they most likely intermarried.

If they are kicked out of Niger, then they are welcome in Somalia, where a new Islamic revolution has just started!

--------------------
Hello!

Posts: 265 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TK
Member # 10103

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ Frightening!!!
Posts: 67 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Arabs in Niger and other areas as far as Cameroon are actually Shuwa Arabs from the Sudan. When bedouin Arabs migrated to Sudan they intermarried with the local Nilotic people so much that lost their original apperance. Shuwas are more related to southern Sudanese than Tuaregs both in phenotype and culture.

Tuaregs don't really intermarry much outside heir circle and especially not with Arabs.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com