EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » ausar -- need your help finding a thread...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ausar -- need your help finding a thread...
windstorm2005
Member # 6629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for windstorm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In another thread you said you might be able to help with these inquiries, since the search feature doesn't work...

Well -- there was a thread here in which a guy (forget the name) mentioned the theory that the great pyramid complex might be modeled after some mountain range in east africa. He even posted a picture of the mountains. Do you remember the name of that thread?

Just a shot in the dark... Thanks.

Posts: 56 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Was the name of the guy Farouk el-Baz? He suggested that the pyramids might have come from the shape of the mountains around the Western Desert. Is this the person you are speaking of?

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YuhiVII
Member # 5605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for YuhiVII     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Windstorm is talking about some hills in Somalia, am I correct? I think it was one of the Somalis posting on this forum. Perhaps Waryaa?

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waryaa
Member # 7735

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Waryaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I believe that is what he is searching, Yuhi. I will look it up for him now.
Posts: 73 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
windstorm2005
Member # 6629

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for windstorm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!
Posts: 56 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com