EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » yemen or iraqis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: yemen or iraqis
cush
Member # 7956

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how come somalis largest tribe daarood calim iraqi descedant,while our history is repported as most arabs come from yemen,just dont make sence.

and also how much arab blood is running in our vains.
any somalis who checked their mtDNA lately.

atleast we dont have saudi blood,who will want anyway!,i can live with being descedant of yemeni orand iraqi to be quiet honnest becausethey are more braver than useless saudis

please professional answer is needed not abusive one
thnks

Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cush:
how come somalis largest tribe daarood calim iraqi descedant,while our history is repported as most arabs come from yemen,just dont make sence.

and also how much arab blood is running in our vains.
any somalis who checked their mtDNA lately.

atleast we dont have saudi blood,who will want anyway!,i can live with being descedant of yemeni orand iraqi to be quiet honnest becausethey are more braver than useless saudis

please professional answer is needed not abusive one
thnks

I don't know where you got that story about Irak, but what I know is that Darod and Isaaq claim that their ancestors were Arabs who married local women probably Oromo women. However they kept the same features as other cattle herders from East Africa since they kept mixing with other Black Eastern Africans. Their ancestors probably came from Yemen. But the large majority of Somali clans, as you know don't have Arab ancestors. Now, let me ask you a question, are you from Puntland or the South, because Darod are in the North and the South.
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira
Member # 8355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Somali ancestors came from Yemen. Have you been to Yemen? Yemenites are short unlike most other Arabs and Somalis are tall people. So if Somali have Arab blood, it is not from Yemen. Anyway, it must from a long time ago so either the Yemenite people have changed or those ancestors were not from Yemen.

Ok, not all Yemeni are short thought. I think Osama bin Laden is from a tall family

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cush
Member # 7956

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by relaxx:
I don't know where you got that story about Irak, but what I know is that Darod and Isaaq claim that their ancestors were Arabs who married local women probably Oromo women. However they kept the same features as other cattle herders from East Africa since they kept mixing with other Black Eastern Africans. Their ancestors probably came from Yemen. But the large majority of Somali clans, as you know don't have Arab ancestors. Now, let me ask you a question, are you from Puntland or the South, because Darod are in the North and the South.
Relaxx

DOES IT MATTER NORTH OR SOUTH?!!SECONDLY WHAT DO YOU SAY MAJORITY SOMALIS DONT HAVE ARAB BLOOD..IT SOUNDS YOU HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST THE ARABS,THE ONLY AFRICAN WHO I HAVE COME ACROSS THAT HATE ARABS SEEM TO HAVE A VERY BAD MEMORY OF SLAVERY,

IF OSAMA BLOWS WORLD TRADE CENTRE DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE TO QUESTION YOUR ARAB BLOOD! WHAT NEXT LEAVE ISLAM!!.

THIRDLY MOST SOMALIS DO RELATE SO THEY ALL HAVE ARAB BLOOD.
YOU CAN SAY ALL SOMALIS ARE FROM ONE TRIBE AT THE SAME TIME DEVIDE THE NATION INTO SOUTH OR NORTH.
IT IS ALMOST IGNORANT AND ASSAULT TO ACTUALLY ASK ME IF I AM PUNTLANDER OR SOUTH MAY ALLH GUIDE YOU, WE ARE ONE TRIBE,FORGET ABOUT THE NA'ALAH THAT COVERED US LAST 14 YEARS MY FRIEND,IT IS ALLAH'S PUNISHMENT,AND YOU SHHOULD KNOW BY NOW.

Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cush:
DOES IT MATTER NORTH OR SOUTH?!!SECONDLY WHAT DO YOU SAY MAJORITY SOMALIS DONT HAVE ARAB BLOOD..IT SOUNDS YOU HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST THE ARABS,THE ONLY AFRICAN WHO I HAVE COME ACROSS THAT HATE ARABS SEEM TO HAVE A VERY BAD MEMORY OF SLAVERY,

IF OSAMA BLOWS WORLD TRADE CENTRE DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE TO QUESTION YOUR ARAB BLOOD! WHAT NEXT LEAVE ISLAM!!.

THIRDLY MOST SOMALIS DO RELATE SO THEY ALL HAVE ARAB BLOOD.
YOU CAN SAY ALL SOMALIS ARE FROM ONE TRIBE AT THE SAME TIME DEVIDE THE NATION INTO SOUTH OR NORTH.
IT IS ALMOST IGNORANT AND ASSAULT TO ACTUALLY ASK ME IF I AM PUNTLANDER OR SOUTH MAY ALLH GUIDE YOU, WE ARE ONE TRIBE,FORGET ABOUT THE NA'ALAH THAT COVERED US LAST 14 YEARS MY FRIEND,IT IS ALLAH'S PUNISHMENT,AND YOU SHHOULD KNOW BY NOW.

Cush,
Lower case please....the reason why I was asking you whether you were from the North or the South is because Somalia is actually divided in 3 countries and I know that Darod from the North live for most of them in Puntland. Can I ask you a question since I tried to answer your question: in Somali culture what's in common with the Oromos, Rendille, Boranas: especially the language, food, habits...as you know these are the people you are the most related to ...I don't have anything against the Arabs but not all clans in Somali claim Arab ancestry. You know that, especially clans in the South.
Relaxx

[This message has been edited by relaxx (edited 22 July 2005).]

[This message has been edited by relaxx (edited 22 July 2005).]

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mira:
I don't think Somali ancestors came from Yemen. Have you been to Yemen? Yemenites are short unlike most other Arabs and Somalis are tall people. So if Somali have Arab blood, it is not from Yemen. Anyway, it must from a long time ago so either the Yemenite people have changed or those ancestors were not from Yemen.

Ok, not all Yemeni are short thought. I think Osama bin Laden is from a tall family

Anyway,
Somalis except for some exceptions look like other pastoralist from Eastern Africa, they look like other Black Africans such as the Oromos, Afars, Boranas, Rendille...
Relaxx

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time and again, but let the study speak for itself...

High frequencies of Y chromosome lineages characterized by E3b1, DYS19-11, DYS392-12 in Somali males.

Sanchez JJ, Hallenberg C, Borsting C, Hernandez A, Morling N.

1Department of Forensic Genetics, Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.

We genotyped 45 biallelic markers and 11 STR systems on the Y chromosome in 201 male Somalis. In addition, 65 sub-Saharan Western Africans, 59 Turks and 64 Iraqis were typed for the biallelic Y chromosome markers. In Somalis, 14 Y chromosome haplogroups were identified including E3b1 (77.6%) and K2 (10.4%). The haplogroup E3b1 with the rare DYS19-11 allele (also called the E3b1 cluster gamma) was found in 75.1% of male Somalis, and 70.6% of Somali Y chromosomes were E3b1, DYS19-11, DYS392-12, DYS437-14, DYS438-11 and DYS393-13. The haplotype diversity of eight Y-STRs ('minimal haplotype') was 0.9575 compared to an average of 0.9974 and 0.9996 in European and Asian populations. In sub-Saharan Western Africans, only four haplogroups were identified. The West African clade E3a was found in 89.2% of the samples and the haplogroup E3b1 was not observed. In Turks, 12 haplogroups were found including J2(*)(xJ2f2) (27.1%), R1b3(*)(xR1b3d, R1b3f) (20.3%), E3b3 and R1a1(*)(xR1a1b) (both 11.9%). In Iraqis, 12 haplogroups were identified including J2(*)(xJ2f2) (29.7%) and J(*)(xJ2) (26.6%). The data suggest that the male Somali population is a branch of the East African population - closely related to the Oromos in Ethiopia and North Kenya - with predominant E3b1 cluster gamma lineages that were introduced into the Somali population 4000-5000 years ago, and that the Somali male population has approximately 15% Y chromosomes from Eurasia and approximately 5% from sub-Saharan Africa.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
Time and again, but let the study speak for itself...
the Somali male population has approximately 15% Y chromosomes from Eurasia and approximately 5% from sub-Saharan Africa.

----------------------

Cush,
This the Scientific proof that only 15% of Somalis have Arab ancestry...the rest have Eastern Africans ancestors.
Relaxx

awale
Member # 8407

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mira:

Not all Yemeni are short thought. I think Osama bin Laden is from a tall family

Yemenis are not that short I go to a mosque where there are some Yemenis and none of them are small and the average Somalian in Somalia is arround 5'5 that isn't tall at all ! BTW Osama bin Laden is 6'6 lol !

Posts: 54 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awale
Member # 8407

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cush,
This the Scientific proof that only 15% of Somalis have Arab ancestry...the rest have Eastern Africans ancestors.
Relaxx

It doesn't say that!? I think you misread the article!

quote:
Relaxx

Huh!? The two biggest somali clans are Darood and Isaak and they both have ancient arabian ancestors! Hawiye, Sab and others are a minority.

[This message has been edited by awale (edited 22 July 2005).]

Posts: 54 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relaxx wrote:
quote:

Cush,
Relaxx

Awale replied:

quote:
It doesn't say that!? I think you misread the article!

I agree that the study doesn't say what Relaxx said. But what do you think the study was saying?

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
Relaxx wrote:
I agree that the study doesn't say what Relaxx said. But what do you think the study was saying?

I was waiting for an independent intervention since I might not be objective on that subject...
Relaxx

Supercar
Member # 6477

"We genotyped a total of 389 males from Somalia, Sub-Saharan Western Africa, Turkey, and Iraq by a PCR based assay with co-amplification of 25 DNA-fragments and detection of 35 Y chromosome biallelic markers with the single base primer extension technique.

A total of 19 different haplogroups were identified.

In Somalis, 14 haplogroups were identified. The haplogroup E3b1*(xE3b1b) was found in 77.2 % of the male Somali population, in 6.3 % of Iraqi males and in 1.7 % of male Turks whereas E3b1* was not found in Sub-Saharan Western African males.

The frequency of haplogroup E3b1*(xE3b1b) in Somali males is the highest observed in any populations to date, and we suggest that the Somali male population is the origin of this haplogroup.

Furthermore, the results are in agreement with a gene flow from Eastern to Northern Africa from a homeland in Somalia.

In Somalis, 13.4 % of the males carried J or K haplogroups, which are found relatively frequent in e.g. Iraqis, Turks, and other Arab and Asian populations. This might reflects the historical findings of foreign trading posts at the Somali Gulf of Aden from the 7th century. The distribution of haplogroups will be compared to those in Western African population." - Sanchez et al.

--------

"The cluster E-M78 was found in eastern Africa at an average frequency of 17.7%, with the highest frequencies in the three Cushitic-speaking groups: the Borana from Kenya (71.4%), the Oromo from Ethiopia (32.0%), and the Somali (52.2%). Outside of eastern Africa, it was found only in two subjects from Egypt (3.6%) and in one Arab from Morocco." - Cruciani et al.

----------

No matter the sample size, the results stay fairly consistent; the indigenous lineages, i.e., E3b1 remains predominant. This lineage is near absent in Southern Arabian populations, supposedly whom the Somalis came into contact with. Leaving genealogy aside, this whole notion of southern Arabian roots of Somalis is just laughable; the least one can do, is to follow the linguistic roots. It is blatantly obvious that southern Arabians are not Cushitic speakers.

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 22 July 2005).]

Supercar
Member # 6477

deleted!

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 23 July 2005).]

Supercar
Member # 6477

As part of the 15% Y chromosomes from Eurasia, possible gene flow from Arabs is characterized as...

"...The distribution of haplogroup J2*(xJ2f2)(0.5%)and J*(xJ2)(2.5%) in Somalis support the recent gene flow hypothesis. Haplogroup J*(xJ2) was probably spread by Arab people...The J2/J*(xJ2) ratio of 0.2 in the present Somali sample suggest a predominant gene flow of Arab Y chromosomes..."

awale
Member # 8407

Rate Member
Not all Somalis are equally Mixed with Arab.

Some somalis Look 0% Arab

and some Somalis look like Afro-Arabs.

[This message has been edited by awale (edited 23 July 2005).]

relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by awale:
Not all Somalis are equally Mixed with Arab.

Some somalis Look 0% Arab

[This message has been edited by awale (edited 23 July 2005).]

I'm more interested about Somalis who look 0% Arabs...Can you please describe what they look like. With Objectivity, please and since you know clans in Somali, please describe physical differences between clans. Like between the Darods and the Hawiye.
Relaxx

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on this information, to wit, In Somalis, 14 haplogroups were identified. The haplogroup E3b1*(xE3b1b) was found in 77.2 % of the male Somali population, in 6.3 % of Iraqi males and in 1.7 % of male Turks whereas E3b1* was not found in Sub-Saharan Western African males", I will assert it may be a 'founder gene', where its high propoertion in that sample, when transported to Iraq and then to Turkey.
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com