EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Read BetweenThe Lines - Understanding Motives!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Read BetweenThe Lines - Understanding Motives!
Perfect Egyptian
Member # 9449

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perfect Egyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
read between the lines

to try to understand someone's real feelings or intentions from what they say or write. Reading between the lines, I'd say that Martin isn't very happy with the situation

What have we all learned so far about Ancient Egypt and Egyptology from Egyptsearch's forums?
Personally, I find it a total waste of time trying to dispute the obvious facts that are right in front of everyone's eyes. The topics keep repeating themselves for no good reasons, other than political intentions and desperation on the part of many to assert their own biased beliefs on everyone else. Those new posters who do venture into the web of deceit, end up facing all the unfriendly fire of the regular trolls and their cronies, who care nothing for the truth, unless it also happens to support their points of view.

Stupid afrocentric racially biased and intentionally inflammatory topics and threads are given the big Welcome Sign from the moderator and allowed to run forever and ever without any limits, even if they're totally void of any merits. Other posters who oppose this nonsense and actually express their own honest opinions are treated as traitors and often called TROLLS AND INSULTED for no other reason than the fact that they disagree with the going majority beliefs and sentiments. Many times, their topics are edited, deleted, and if they dare gain any traction, then their threads are unexplicably CLOSED for no good reason.

When these honest people start getting mad and actually retaliating for the personal insults levied at them, they're always BANNED A.S.A.P.

I have looked at the Nile Valley Civilization website, and honestly, it is a joke, because if you show any disagreement with the majority, you're banned before you can even say one and one equals two, what a shame! [Frown]

Posts: 230 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats a troll? In australia its kind of like a slutty girl who is not very pretty.
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have looked at the Nile Valley Civilization website, and honestly, it is a joke, because if you show any disagreement with the majority
Proof?

And why don't you come to the Nile Valley Forums and try to post there yourself?

Posts: 7094 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perfect Egyptian
Member # 9449

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perfect Egyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A troll is just a word people throw around without actually understanding what it actually means. Just like the word "Terrorist" vs. "Freedom Fighter", both could be the very same person depending on whose side you're on.
Posts: 230 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ! Thanks-Im not au fait with all the netspeak !!!!
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Perfect Egyptian:

I have looked at the Nile Valley Civilization website, and honestly, it is a joke, because if you show any disagreement with the majority, you're banned before you can even say one and one equals two, what a shame!

I was going to ignore this attention-seeking thread, but after seeing that statement, I said to myself, "oh well, let's do a little credibility test here." Indeed, let us test your credibility:

In light of what you just stated, name a single individual who has been banned on the Nile Valley forum, much less for the reasons you stated!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perfect Egyptian
Member # 9449

Rate Member
Funny, you should ask? Did you know that that whole website was created by this moderator because as he stated several times, that it made it easier for him to ban people, who disagreed with him and his cronies?

I could very easily go back and give you the exact quote, but I'm sure you have seen it already on Egyptsearch.

My friend, Afrocentrism has survived thus far, unchecked and unfettered because it was always kept in the dark and no one cared to respond to its wild claims. Until only recently, when it has been exposed for the fraud that it is. Trying to cover up their fatal mistakes by adding additional lies, does not help their case at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:
quote:

I have looked at the Nile Valley Civilization website, and honestly, it is a joke, because if you show any disagreement with the majority, you're banned before you can even say one and one equals two, what a shame!

I was going to ignore this attention-seeking thread, but after seeing that statement, I said to myself, "oh well, let's do a little credibility test here." Indeed, let us test your credibility:

In light of what you just stated, name a single individual who has been banned on the Nile Valley forum, much less for the reasons you stated!

Perfect Egyptian
Member # 9449

Rate Member
quote:

TooInvolved
Member # 8273

Rate Member posted 22 July, 2005 01:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know about the moderator's editing here. I haven't been here long enough to say.
But I do know that some moderators elsewhere don't know how to do their jobs. If they don't like something or disagree with it, they delete it. Not everyone should be a moderator, esp if they can not control biases/emotions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

TooInvolved
Member # 8273

Rate Member posted 22 July, 2005 01:40 PM
I don't know about the moderator's editing here. I haven't been here long enough to say.
But I do know that some moderators elsewhere don't know how to do their jobs. If they don't like something or disagree with it, they delete it. Not everyone should be a moderator, esp if they can not control biases/emotions.

This is the last time I am going to repost this; your non-answer is self-explanatory, i.e., your official "troll" status [Smile] :

Rather than make a conclusion about the fact that you didn't answer it, I'll just "assume" that you didn't read my earlier request. Hence, I'll simply reiterate it:

"...Let us test your credibility:

In light of what you just stated, name a single individual who has been banned on the Nile Valley forum, much less for the reasons you stated!"

Anything short of directly answering this, is a signal of troll-dom. But hey, I'm not calling you one; your actions [i.e., whether or not you "directly" answer the request as "specifically" made] will make that call."

Ps - Trolls who think that Perfect Egyptian's ruse about the Moderator's actions are working, think twice!! You go overboard, after repeated warnings, "banning" you will be the eventual outcome!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of "reading between the lines", I sure can make out imperfect's lines.

He/she seems to be just frustrated over the following:

*Divine kingship-- the belief that the king or ruler is a god

*totemism and their taboos-- the Egyptians held certain living things like plants and animals as sacred symbols for families to towns to even gods which is why many gods were depicted
as animals or having animal heads.

*other sacred symbols-- like colors where the color black represents order, balance, life and renewal, and the color red was the opposite. The Egyptians also had numbers that had different meanings

*role of women-- radically unlike the Near-East, Egypts women were considered equal to men in society and had equal rights and privileges. They could own property and conduct businesses etc. Unmarried women also had free sexual expression. Like in Africa

*fertility-- Egyptians revered fertility and even thought sex was a part of the afterlife, they had many "fetish" cults and fertility rites that you see in Africa.

*Magic (Voodoo)-- Magic was part of the Egyptian religious belief. Mostly the priesthood or Pharaoh practiced it but anyone could use magic rituals. A popular ritual was execration-- where an enemy was depicted or a figure was made and the that figure or depiction would be burned or destroyed!

*circumcision-- a universal custom in Africa. Circumcision that is practiced in the Near-East actually originated from Africa. Africans usually practice circumcision as a rite of passage to manhood and the Egyptians practiced it in the same form as well

*belief in multiple spirits for one individual-- Many Africans believe that a single person can harbor multiple spirits or aspects of a single spirit. The same is seen with the Egyptian belief in the ba, the ka, etc.

*Zar-- another aspect of Egyptian religion is the zar ritual in which mostly women would be possessed by a spirit. This survives in modern-day voodoo and I am told this can also be seen in African American churches.

AND

-  -

-  -

-

-

-

The lines are clear that you don't need to read between them. [Wink]

Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly is your problem nPerfect?

Create a thread about facts and you will not be considered a troll. Create a thread attacking people and you will have to leave with the TROLL status.

Atleast EvilE was interesting to debate with - this type of thread is full of self-pity.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect Egyptian, people who disagree have not been banned. Most of the topics that have been locked because they resorted so far from the original topic.

The only people that have gotten banned here were the following:

Giza Rider[because he made sexual references and racial slurs]

Abaza[because he was Giza Rider]

Leba[because he was warned once not to insult people]

Masreyya has not been banned and she disagrees with me,but she actually has data and can debate. You have contributed nothing to this forum,nor have you made any topics about Egyptology. If feel this forum is a waste of time then leave. Nobody is forcing you to post here.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com