EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » sunday night on the discovery channel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sunday night on the discovery channel
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/egyptkv63/egyptkv63.html?dcitc=w99-502-ah-0038
Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IIla
Member # 10772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IIla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. It should be interesting.
Posts: 72 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the previous and the archaeologists are hoping this excavation could lead to the discovery of Tut's wife or some connection to her!

Can't wait to see it! [Smile]

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the program last night, and I must say very intriguiging!

This new tomb has been dubbed KV63 and is believed to be a chache tomb, that is a small (not very elaborate tomb) that was probably built in a hurry. So far it is these types of tombs that most likely to escape tomb robbery.

The main artifacts found in the tomb were sealed pottery and 7 coffins. The dig is led by Dr. Ken Nystrom, a bio-anthropologist who is assisted by Dr. Salima Ikram, and Dr. Otto Schaden, with oversight by a representative from the Egyptian SCA.

Judging by style of the coffins and the artifacts that were discovered in the pottery, the tomb dated back to sometime around the 18th dynasty around the end of the Amarna to the end of Tutankhamun's reign.

I think all but a couple of the coffins were empty. The main coffin being that of a royal female. The experts are betting the body inside to belong to Tut's queen, Ankhesenamun.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else seen the program??..
amd1788
Member # 10447

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amd1788     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were the representations correct as far as skin color and genetics go?
Posts: 16 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly do you mean?? There were no representations or reconstructions, just artifacts and coffins. [Confused]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com