EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » eye colour of egyptian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eye colour of egyptian
cute_wai
Member # 11343

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cute_wai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to ask if it is possible for a pure egyptian to have blue eyes and is this very rare in egypt for most people?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of course possible.
like a white couple can have a black baby
or black people with blue eyes,
and i just thought if you want to see an egyptian with blue eyes then go in the hilton in sharm

Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mac0623:

...and not via adoption (?); tell me that you are just being lighthearted. Lol.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Light eye coloring in modern Egyptians is rare but it occurs in some cases. You have to consider that most of the Egyptians today probably have some mixture with people like Circassians and even other Europeans. Usually the light eye coloring is green not blue,and usually the person with the light eye coloring still has brown skin.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:
quote:
Originally posted by mac0623:

...and not via adoption (?); tell me that you are just being lighthearted. Lol.
Several independent genes must work in concert to produce the deepest complexion—the extreme of the darkness adaptation.

Many things can go wrong and, when they do, the result is a lighter complexion. For instance, deleterious mutations at the five loci above result in various forms of albinism, whether the patient’s heritage is dark or pale. In other words, there are many random ways “accidentally” to evolve a light complexion.

But no genetic defect can make the child of light-skinned parents come out dark. [Nelson’s syndrome does this, but it is due to a pituitary tumor, not to a mutation, nor to genetic variability (Robins 1991, 125-26).] - Peter Sweet

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003668

So in a scenario where a “white” couple, exhibiting melanin levels as seen in northwest Europe, reproduce a "black" [i.e. unusually heavily pigmented skin for northern Eurasians] offspring, it would probably be in the best interest of the said couple to pursue their curiousity, by looking into a precautionary medical test for perhaps, Nelson’s syndrom - which as stated, has nothing to do with recessive genes. Lol.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com