EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Djehuti:insults (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Djehuti:insults
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a personal message from a poster and I request that you please refrain from the insults. I have asked you many times in person message to stop but I am asking you out in the open know to stop!!! If you disagree with somebody just prove them wrong. I know some people will just be indifferent no matter so you just ignore them.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Embarrassed] And exactly when have I insulted someone? I assume the accuser has to be either AMR or 'LovingSpirit'. If you read my posts, note that I merely point out the inconsistencies or nonsensical values of their statements. I did not call anyone names or directly insult their characters. I merely pointed out the flaws in their arguments (if you really consider them to be arguments).
Posts: 26295 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a tendency to make underhanded comments that I guess people percieve as a personal attack. I am just asking that you refrain from these personal attacks.

I also warned the other person complaining that what they wrote might be taken as insults. So the warning also goes to the person who made the complaint.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[Embarrassed] And exactly when have I insulted someone? I assume the accuser has to be either AMR or 'LovingSpirit'. If you read my posts, note that I merely point out the inconsistencies or nonsensical values of their statements. I did not call anyone names or directly insult their characters. I merely pointed out the flaws in their arguments (if you really consider them to be arguments).

You've also insulted Clyde Winters before. And while I don't agree with him on everything...I don't insult him because I disagree with him.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What he says is no different that other people calling blacks niggers and jungle bunnies.

If you ask me they jsut can't handle the damn TRUTH with a little arrogance and sarcasm mixed in with it [Embarrassed]

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^Tee, I hope you really aren't implying that what I say is no different from racial epithets.(?)

[Embarrassed] If any of my comments are taken as "insults", I apologize but at the same time I think it rather weak for someone not to take a little constructive criticism.

Posts: 26295 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I meant "not nearly as bad"
Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^By the way, where did whites get the phrase "jungle bunny" from anyway?! [Confused]

It makes no sense, considering that bunnies don't even live in jungles but in forests of the kind Europeans live in. And most bunnies are white. If anything the term 'forest bunnies' should be used to describe white people!

Not to encourage anything. Racial epithets is wrong no matter how you cut it.

Bantu
Member # 12135

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bantu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
I just got a personal message from a poster and I request that you please refrain from the insults. I have asked you many times in person message to stop but I am asking you out in the open know to stop!!! If you disagree with somebody just prove them wrong. I know some people will just be indifferent no matter so you just ignore them.

Ausar, I have a question or two for you; Is Egyptian search.com a horners run forum? It important for those of us who are not horners to know. I can not believe how you edited the thread started by Mullah about victimization of Somali in SA( typical Arab mentality [Mad] ) into something that is other than in the order people responded. And tryng to make horners look like they hold the moral high ground. That is freud my friend. You can only impress fellow horners but not people thar see through such bluntant...fill in the gaps [Mad]
Posts: 50 | From: Sweden | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ JAWN
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, the forum is run by a person named sammy but moderated by me. I close threads that I see will esculate into flame wars or have no basis on the forum. No disrespect to either you bantu or any Somali poster but I don't feel this is the appropriate place to discuss politics or rivalries between ethnic groups in Africa. I encourage you to enlight us about your culture but this name calling and insulting people does not benefit anybody.

I am neither from the Horn of Africa nor affilated with anybody from the Horn of Africa.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were also some YSU comments made on CARWASH.

Some times the comments catch you off guard, but, like T-89 said, it's not like those who make demeaning comments about an ethnicity; "blacks of africa could never have built the civilizations as great like Egypt," or some stuff like that.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It ad how this place has bcome. Some of the posters that once made this forum great like Thought, Kemet, Carfax and a few others are no longer here and a slew of trolls have taken over bringing their beefs and past beefs here. On top of that, some of the good posters here have become bitter and venomously attack anyone who's views they disagree with.
Posts: 2596 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ceelgabo_11
Member # 8942

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bantu:
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Ausar, I have a question or two for you; Is Egyptian search.com a horners run forum? It important for those of us who are not horners to know. I can not believe how you edited the thread started by Mullah about victimization of Somali in SA( typical Arab mentality [Mad] ) into something that is other than in the order people responded. And tryng to make horners look like they hold the moral high ground. That is freud my friend. You can only impress fellow horners but not people thar see through such bluntant...fill in the gaps [Mad]
The good old days [Wink]

-

Posts: 554 | From: Somaliland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
^^Nice pic of war captives.

Ps - Matter of fact, here is a Kushite/"Nubian", with his enemies:

-

As did Rameses II:

-

...happens in war, to have captives. [Wink]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ceelgabo_11
Member # 8942

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:

Fircoons Bantu cattle....
Posts: 554 | From: Somaliland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
quote:

Is this from a "real" scholarly source, or just stupidity?
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ceelgabo_11
Member # 8942

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is this from a "real" scholarly source, or just stupidity?
Of course real schoolar source...
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

Of course real schoolar source...

Well then, produce the primary Kemetic text that states these folks in the depictions are anything but war captives, and that they are not indigenous Nile Valley folks + that they spoke a Bantu family language.

In the meantime, other depictions from the same "Touregypt.net" link that you retrieved that image of captives:

-

-

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ceelgabo, those captives by Egyptians are not bantu, the bantu migration had not started yet during that time, they were most likely nilo-saharans. Supercar is right they were the builders of kush (and also AMR1's and other northern sudanese ancestors who were dinka type) and consequently they were among the few civilized people in the world during that period, they eventually ruled over the Egyptians anyways.

On a second note, how do they come to conclusion that these captives are the kushites, is it because of the facial features, or are there writings beneath those depictions that state this?

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:

On a second note, how do they come to conclusion that these captives are the kushites, is it because of the facial features, or are there writings beneath those depictions that state this?

Well, what are the odds of these folks being outside of the Nile Valley? The Kemetians haven't ventured much deep into sub-Saharan Africa, but they have reached a generalized region of what they described as "pwanit" or better known as "Punt".

Ps:

-
^^It would appear that Kemetians look not much different from their "Nubian" counterparts, save for garments.

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well every one in the nile valley couldn't possibly be the kushites, so what if these captives were people who lived in the nile valley but were also the enemies of the kushites? I mean all these are just speculations where facial features determine who these people are. What if they also were Egyptians but some upper Egyptian kind who rebelled against lower Egyptians. There are thousands of scenarious that can be constructed if no additional information is given and features is the only source to follow.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

Well every one in the nile valley couldn't possibly be the kushites, so what if these captives were people who lived in the nile valley but were also the enemies of the kushites?

Cannot be certain, unless primary text indicates so, but they are highly likely Upper Nile Valley groups, more easily accessible to Kemetians.

quote:
Yonis:

I mean all these are just speculations where facial features determine who these people are.

My line of reasoning follows more than mere speculations. See my earlier post. And no, facial features has nothing to do with it.

quote:
Yonis:

What if they also were Egyptians but some upper Egyptian kind who rebelled against lower Egyptians.

I highly doubt it, because Egyptians had conventional styles for Egyptians, whereby in wall paintings all Egyptian males are similar in form, as do their female counterparts, even if in reality the Egyptians themselves were more physically diverse. See for yourself in every wall painting. See, the example I just posted above.

quote:
Yonis:

There are thousands of scenarious that can be constructed if no additional information is given and features is the only source to follow to draw conclusions.

Not from the angles that I've tackled.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The good old days [Wink]

-

[Embarrassed] Now, if I were to attack this blatantly ignorant statement I would no doubt be accused of being a 'Bantu'!

Internet forums, the place for self psycho-therapy. [Roll Eyes]

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Internet forums, the place for self psycho-therapy. [Roll Eyes] [/QB]

CANNON!! [Big Grin]

Spot on!!

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Well every one in the nile valley couldn't possibly be the kushites, so what if these captives were people who lived in the nile valley but were also the enemies of the kushites? I mean all these are just speculations where facial features determine who these people are. What if they also were Egyptians but some upper Egyptian kind who rebelled against lower Egyptians. There are thousands of scenarious that can be constructed if no additional information is given and features is the only source to follow.

Supercar's replies were correct.

Another thing to point out is that the Kushites were part of an even greater confederacy of Nile Vally peoples who were enemies of Egypt. The Egyptians referred to them in various names like the "Nine bows" etc. Egypt had to dispell constant attacks from these enemies who caused major problems for the Egyptians, especially in their southern borders. I have already shown how some peoples of Punt were among those enemies.

Bantu
Member # 12135

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bantu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

The good old days [Wink]

-

LOL [Big Grin] Yepp...those slaves could be Horners(somali and Ethiopian)for all we know before Epyptians enslaved the men and raped their women to create the mongrel race we see the horn today. Logically it is easier to sail along the red sea to inner Africa than trekk south on foot. [Smile]

ETHIOPIANS

While not a Caucasoid people in the sense that North Africans are, East Africans have long received influences from farther North as well as the Middle East, in terms of both racial and cultural input. This is evidenced by male-mediated gene flow from Caucasoids, which accords with historically documented migrations and settlements.
The present composition of the Ethiopian population is the result of a complex and extensive intermixing of different peoples of North African, Near and Middle Eastern, and south-Saharan origin. The two main groups inhabiting the country are the Amhara, descended from Arabian conquerors, and the Oromo, the most important group among the Cushitic people. ... The genetic distance analysis showed the separation between African and non-African populations, with the Amhara and Oromo located in an intermediate position."
(De Stefano et al., Ann Hum Biol, 2002)
"The occurrence of E*5 212 and E*5 204 alleles in two populations of the Mediterranean basin (Turkey and Italy) but not in West Africans can be explained by taking into account that the Ethiopian gene pool was estimated to be >40% of Caucasoid derivation (Cavalli-Sforza et al. 1994). In addition, more recent phylogenetic analysis based on classical protein polymorphism (Tartaglia et al. 1996) and Y-chromosome sequence variation (Underhill et al. 2000) showed that Ethiopians appear to be distinct from Africans and more closely associated with populations of the Mediterranean basin."
(Scacchi et al., Hum Biol, 2003)

Posts: 50 | From: Sweden | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bantu
quote:
to create the mongrel race we see the horn today.
first of all the AE's were africans the horners were africans back then so if their women were raped by the ancients egyptians [Roll Eyes] todays horners are still africans

so nothing new is created these facial features are a continuation of the ancient populations that lived in east africa unless your opinion is that the ancient egyptians were asiatics and changed the phenotype of the ancestors of ethiopians and somalis

these same features can also be found in west african populations that carry e3a

Linguistic evidence suggests that,prehistorically, eastern Africa was a place where speakers of at least two other language phyla might have congregated. Ehret's (1974a) reconstruction of proto-Nilotic places Nilo-
Saharan-speakers in eastern Africa by at least 4-6000 BP. In keeping with this, Sutton (1974,
1977) has suggested that Nilotic language-speakers living in northern Kenya today provide a
good analogy for the archaeological remains of semi-permanent lakeshore habitations in the
same area dating from between 10,000 and 4000 BP (Owen et al. 1982). Afroasiatic is another
language phylum that may have been present early in eastern Africa. Ehret (1974b) suggests
Afroasiatie (Southern Cushitic) speakers began moving into eastern Africa at least 5000
years ago and that they may have been responsible for early stone cairn burials in northern Kenya (Stiles and Munro-Hay 1981). Given these linguistic arguments for early populations of Nilo-Saharan and Afroasiatic language-speakers in eastern Africa and their ties with current eastern African populations, it seems more reasonable to regard those groups as the earliest known populations in the region, and to reserve judgement on the role of click
language-speakers."

"If some of the eastern African rock paintings date to the terminal Pleistocene or early
Holocene, the tall 'Kolo' peoples may represent groups like the lakeshore fishing folk thought
to have been in eastern Africa at least as early as 10,000 BP (Barthelme 1977, 1981; Owen et
al. 1982). Human remains from the lakeshore sites of Lothagam, the Lake Turkana Galana
Boi beds and Ishango are tall and linear, exactly the features depicted in the 'Kolo' style
paintings. This link between the 'Kolo' style paintings and skeletons from the lakeshore sites
is supported by other evidence. Archaeologists have proposed that ancestral populations of
either Nilo-Saharan (Sutton 1974, 1977) or Affoasiatic language-speakers could have been responsible for these lakeshore sites; and modern speakers of both linguistic phyla are among the tallest and most slender people of eastern Africa (Hiernaux 1968, 1975).

The role of tall, linearly built populations in eastern Africa's prehistory has always been
debated. Traditionally, they are viewed as late migrants into the area. But as there is better
palaeoanthropological and linguistic documentation for the earlier presence of these populations than for any other group in eastern Africa, it is far more likely that they are indigenous eastern Africans. I have argued elsewhere (Schepartz 1985) that these prehistoric linear populations show resemblances to both Upper Pleistocene eastern African fossils and present-day, non-Bantu-speaking groups in eastern Africa, with minor differences stemming from changes in overall robusticity of the dentition and skeleton. This suggests a longstanding tradition of linear populations in eastern Africa, contributing to the indigenous
development of cultural and biological diversity from the Pleistocene up to the present

Bantu
quote:
The genetic distance analysis showed the separation between African and non-African populations, with the Amhara and Oromo located in an intermediate position."

[i]In general, populations cluster by geographic origin. The most distinct separation is between African and non-African populations. The northeastern-African -- that is, the Ethiopian and Somali -- populations are located centrally between sub-Saharan African and non-African populations." These studies suggest a recent and primary subdivision between African and non-African populations, high levels of divergence among African populations, and a recent shared common ancestry of non-African populations, from a population originating in Africa. The intermediate position, between African and non-African populations, that the Ethiopian Jews and Somalis occupy in the PCA plot also has been observed in other genetic studies (Ritte et al. 1993; Passarino et al. 1998) and could be due either to shared common ancestry or to recent gene flow. The fact that the Ethiopians and Somalis have a subset of the sub-Saharan African haplotype diversity and that the non-African populations have a subset of the diversity present in Ethiopians and Somalis makes simple-admixture models less likely; rather, these observations support the hypothesis proposed by other nuclear-genetic studies (Tishkoff et al. 1996a, 1998a, 1998b; Kidd et al. 1998) that populations in northeastern Africa may have diverged from those in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa early in the history of modern African populations and that a subset of this northeastern-African population migrated out of Africa and populated the rest of the globe. These conclusions are supported by recent mtDNA analysis (Quintana-Murci et al. 1999).

Peter Garlake, "The Kingdoms of Africa", 1990, Peter Bedrick Books, p. 58

"There is a great deal of evidence to suggest that these East African pastoral communities originated in the Ethiopian highlands. Stone bowls and cairn burials are found in Ethiopia, although their distribution, contexts and dates are uncertain.(Stone bowls associated with pottery at North Horr near the border of Kenya and Ethiopia have very recently been dated to the second and third millinnea B.C.) Skeletal evidence from the cairns and cremations was, at one time, considered to demonstrate that the pastoralists were not Negroid but Caucasoid. This seemed an even more certain indication of northern origins, for the Ethiopian peoples are Caucasoids. However, an even more recent reassessment of the bones places them within the range of Negroid physical variation."

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

The good old days [Wink]

-

LOL [Big Grin] Yepp...those slaves could be Horners(somali and Ethiopian)for all we know before Epyptians enslaved the men and raped their women to create the mongrel race we see the horn today. Logically it is easier to sail along the red sea to inner Africa than trekk south on foot. [Smile]

ETHIOPIANS

While not a Caucasoid people in the sense that North Africans are, East Africans have long received influences from farther North as well as the Middle East, in terms of both racial and cultural input. This is evidenced by male-mediated gene flow from Caucasoids, which accords with historically documented migrations and settlements.
The present composition of the Ethiopian population is the result of a complex and extensive intermixing of different peoples of North African, Near and Middle Eastern, and south-Saharan origin. The two main groups inhabiting the country are the Amhara, descended from Arabian conquerors, and the Oromo, the most important group among the Cushitic people. ... The genetic distance analysis showed the separation between African and non-African populations, with the Amhara and Oromo located in an intermediate position."
"The occurrence of E*5 212 and E*5 204 alleles in two populations of the Mediterranean basin (Turkey and Italy) but not in West Africans can be explained by taking into account that the Ethiopian gene pool was estimated to be >40% of Caucasoid derivation (Cavalli-Sforza et al. 1994). In addition, more recent phylogenetic analysis based on classical protein polymorphism (Tartaglia et al. 1996) and Y-chromosome sequence variation (Underhill et al. 2000) showed that Ethiopians appear to be distinct from Africans and more closely associated with populations of the Mediterranean basin."

somalians have never been slaves keep that always in mind u stupid troll.
Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bantu
Member # 12135

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by salah:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The good old days [Wink]

-

ETHIOPIANS

somalians have never been slaves keep that always in mind u stupid troll.
How did Islam come to Somalia may I ask. Somalis are like 100% muslims, how did that come about? Do you people even know you history? Most of you still lead a nomadic like style in the 21st century, and never had a written language. What do you know about you history, nothing for all I know!

Despite the fact that Ethiopians who happen to be more enlightened and having a system writting, most are illiterate. And most do not know where they came. I have met Somali who claim to have come from jews but converted to Islam.I believe them. I have met some who claim to decend from Arabs, I believe them. If you are an African who is sure of your Africa non-mixed background why claim cultures outside Africa unless there is something to it.

Mullah presents studies that seem to contradict studies I presented, mark you his are much more older than the ones I present, Whose studies should we believe? It is for this reason I go by appearance. horners look no different from the mixed race people we call "chotara" in swahili speaking countries.

By the way somebody on these forums stated that Swahili is Arabic, persian and bantu. Wrong! Swahili is a solid bantu language sprinkled with Arabic and maybe persian. Swahili is 90% bantu bantu. [Smile]

Bantu
Member # 12135

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MULLAH'S_REVENGE:
[QB] Bantu
quote:
to create the mongrel race we see the horn today.
so nothing new is created these facial features are a continuation of the ancient populations that lived in east africa unless your opinion is that the ancient egyptians were asiatics and changed the phenotype of the ancestors of ethiopians and somalis

That's my opnion. unfortunately.
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Joseph Kony wrote
quote:
How did Islam come to Somalia may I ask. Somalis are like 100% muslims, how did that come about? Do you people even know you history?
islam was brought to somalia trough trade in the booming trade ports of Mogadishu and Zeila

by somali Shaykh abdarahman and shaykh isaaq in northern somalia

by somali shaykh Aweys Mohammad in the shabelle area who's students spread islam all the way to Congo

the largest brotherhood in tanzania has it's origin with Shaykh aweys

quote:
Most of you still lead a nomadic like style in the 21st century, and never had a written language. What do you know about you history, nothing for all I know!
please the brits or the poles neither had a written language and they used latin the way somalis used arabic

uganda never devised a indigenous written language at least we had Osmaniya and today your official language is ''english'' while ours is ''somali''

and somali scholars like Shaykh Uthman and his centuries old book Al-Taybeen is famous in the muslim world same with shaykh al-sumaale

quote:
Despite the fact that Ethiopians who happen to be more enlightened and having a system writting, most are illiterate. And most do not know where they came.
please it's you who's the ignorant person here

it's you who doesn't know the multiple groups that inhabited africa in general

from calling all horners mongrels to claiming they don't know their backgrounds to atributing indigineous phenotypes to foreigners

quote:
I have met Somali who claim to have come from jews but converted to Islam.I believe them. I have met some who claim to decend from Arabs, I believe them. If you are an African who is sure of your Africa non-mixed background why claim cultures outside Africa unless there is something to it.
there african americans that acknowlegde having some non african blood same with somalis

it doesn't make them less african

quote:
Mullah presents studies that seem to contradict studies I presented,
my sources don't contradict what many on this board have stated many times in the past

these phenotypes are indigeneous to africa get it trough your thick head

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Bnatu wrote:
How did Islam come to Somalia may I ask. Somalis are like 100% muslims, how did that come about? Do you people even know you history? Most of you still lead a nomadic like style in the 21st century, and never had a written language. What do you know about you history, nothing for all I know!

Duh, how many people had a written language, its mostly urbanized asian societies, and in europe i dont know, i think only the greeko/roman alphabet is the only ever used over the whole continent. what do you expect from nomads who don't have incentive to develope a written language. and somalis are very few in relation to the rest ethnicites of the globe, so dont expect us to be different from other nomadic societies.

what about you bantu, you bantus occupy probably 40% of africa, with some hundred millions of people, you have been agriculturist for some thousands of years now, where is your sophisitcated urban societies? [Big Grin]

anyways somali clerics have used arabic letters for centuries, we also had a somali cleric who developed a alphabet Osmanya so to fit the somaali language but the arabic alphabet was mostly used before we turned to latin under siad barre.

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Joseph Kony wrote
quote:
That's my opnion. unfortunately.
your opinion means nothing!

quote:

The whole notion of "caucasoid" is a bogus and bankrupt term. Why? Because, quite simply narrow shaped faces and narrow noses have *absolutely nothing* to do with Europeans or peoples from the Caucasus mountains. There are populations all over the world that have such features including Africans and they are all indigenous.

Black Africans in particular are very diverse in facial features:

quote:
Cranial features:
The human phenotypic trait that holds the greatest diversity is cranial morphology. Because of this fact, cranial features can at times be misleading if not taken into proper context. For example, for a long time features like long narrow faces and narrow noses have been associated with “caucasian” or “caucasoid” people even though such features are present in populations throughout the globe from Africa to the Americas. The same can be said about so-called “negroid” features such as broad faces and noses which are also not just confined to Africans but various peoples in Asia, the Pacific etc.

Which is why we have studies like this:

J. Edwards, A. Leathers, et al.
...based on Howell’s sampling Fordisc 2.0 authors state that "there are no races, only populations," yet it is clear that Howell was intent on providing known groups that would be distributed among the continental "racial" groups.
We tested the accuracy and effectiveness of Fordisc 2.0 using twelve cranial measurements from a homogeneous population from the X-Group period of Sudanese Nubia (350CE-550CE). When the Fordisc program classified the adult X-Group crania, only 51 (57.3%) of 89 individuals were classified within groups from Africa. Others were placed in such diverse groups as Polynesian (11.24%), European (7.86%), Japanese (4.49%), Native American (3.37%), Peruvian (3.36%), Australian (1.12), Tasmanian (1.12%), and Melanesian (1.12%). The implications of these findings suggest that classifying populations, whether by geography or by "race", is not morphologically or biologically accurate because of the wide variation even in homogeneous populations.

And...

Forensic Misclassification of
Ancient Nubian Crania:
Implications for Assumptions
about Human Variation -April 2005, Current Anthropology:

It is well known that human biological variation is principally clinal (i.e., structured as gradients) and not racial (i.e., structured as a small number of fairly discrete
groups). We have shown that for a temporally and geographically homogeneous East African population, the most widely used “racial”
program fails to identify the skeletal material accurately. The assignment of skeletal racial origin is based principally upon stereotypical features found most frequently in the most geographically distant populations. While this is useful in some contexts (for example, sorting
skeletal material of largely West African ancestry
from skeletal material of largely Western European ancestry), it fails to identify populations that originate elsewhere and misrepresents fundamental patterns of human biological diversity.

These exact same mistakes were made in classifying Egyptian skulls and is also the reason you hear these old studies speak of a percentage of “Caucasoid” and even a percentage of “mongoloid” skulls.

Jean Hiernaux
The People of Africa(Peoples of the World Series)
The oldest remains of Homo sapiens sapiens found in East Africa were associated with an industry having similarities with the Capsian. It has been called Upper Kenyan Capsian, although its derivation from the North African Capsian is far from certain. At Gamble's Cave in Kenya, five human skeletons were associated with a late phase of the industry, Upper Kenya Capsian C, which contains pottery. A similar associationis presumed for a skeleton found at Olduvai, which resembles those from Gamble's Cave. The date of Upper Kenya Capsian C is not precisely known (an earlier phase from Prospect Farm on Eburru Mountain close to Gamble's Cave has been dated to about 8000 BC); but the presence of pottery indicates a rather later date, perhaps around 400 BC. The skeletons are of very tall people. They had long, narrow heads, and relatively long, narrow faces. The nose was of medium width; and prognathism, when present, was restricted to the alveolar, or tooth-bearing, region......all their features can be found in several living populations of East Africa, like the Tutsi of Rwanda and Burundi, who are very dark skinned and differ greatly from Europeans in a number of body proportions.............
From the foregoing, it is tempting to locate the area of differentiation of these people in the interior of East Africa. There is every reason to believe that they are ancestral to the living 'Elongated East Africans'. Neither of these populations, fossil and modern, should be considered to be closely related to the populations of Europe and western Asia.

claims that Caucasoid peoples once lived in eastern Africa have been
shown to be wrong,
- JO Vogel, Precolonial Africa

So features like narrow faces and noses do *NOT* indicate foreign ancestry or ‘admixture’!

Fulani (West African)
 -

Somali (East African)
 -

Egyptian (North African)
 -

Tutsi (Central African)
 -

^^Ironically, another trait all of these people above share in common besides facial features is skeletal structure of their bodies. Their body structure has been called *super-negroid* indicating their extra-tropical adapted bodies compared to stereotypical blacks of West Africa who only have plain “negroid” builds. This is another indication that these people definitely have NO non-African ancestry!

The same can be said about so-called "negroid" features like broad noses and such. The person below has features similar to those of a stereotypical 'Bantu' or other but is in fact an aboriginal of Southeast Asia.

Andamanese (Asian)
 -

Jean Hiernaux The People of Africa 1975
p.53, 54

"In sub-Saharan Africa, many anthropological characters show a wide range of population means or frequencies. In some of them, the whole world range is covered in the sub-continent. Here live the shortest and the tallest human populations, the one with the highest and the one with the lowest nose, the one with the thickest and the one with the thinnest lips in the world. In this area, the range of the average nose widths covers 92 per cent of the world range:

only a narrow range of extremely low means are absent from the African record. Means for head diameters cover about 80 per cent of the world range
; 60 per cent is the corresponding value for a variable once cherished by physical anthropologists, the cephalic index, or ratio of the head width to head length expressed as a percentage.....
"

So all this talk of such peoples being “not black” and “mixed” because of certain looks is downright silly.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yonis wrote:

quote:
we also had a somali cleric who developed a alphabet Osmanya so to fit the somaali language
Do you have more information on Osmanya (from king Osman?)language?
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
arwa

link

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
Yonis wrote:

quote:
we also had a somali cleric who developed a alphabet Osmanya so to fit the somaali language
Do you have more information on Osmanya (from king Osman?)language?
Yes here
http://www.somalinet.com/library/osmaniya/

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Thank you M'sR!!

I know someone who established a Somali alphabet system, but was neglected by majority Somali scholars and voted the present alphabet system. I can't remember the name of alphabet, but has similarity with Indian alphabets.

Have you heard this before?

Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Gadabuursi script
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Arwa where do you come from?

Jag vet att du pratar danska men var kommer du ifrån ursprungligen?

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
^ I can't remember the name, but you'll have an aswer on Thursday, Insha'Allah.

Tell us more about Gadabuursi script.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Arwa where do you come from?*

I thought Arwa was a Somali name, no?
I'm from Somalia [Smile]

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MULLAH'S_REVENGE:
Gadabuursi script

Thank you very much !!!!!
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
no i didnt know it was a somali name, i'm not good at names and their origin,lol
anyways nice meeting you, i always assumed you were west african muslim.

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

Duh, how many people had a written language, its mostly urbanized asian societies, and in europe i dont know, i think only the greeko/roman alphabet is the only ever used over the whole continent.

Actually quite to the contrary, no writing systems have been invented in Europe, while they have been invented in Africa, Asia and ancient Americas.

The Greek alphabet is a development of 'proto-Sinaitic" alphabet, massaged by the Pheonicians.

And Africans elsewhere, have developed many independent writing systems from that of the Nile Valley. See, for example: African Writing Systems

Other links:

http://www.geocities.com/ctesibos/new-inv/other-african.html

quote:
Yonis:

what do you expect from nomads who don't have incentive to develope a written language.

The Tuaregs have their indigenous Language scripts; Tifinagh.
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post 
The above post (Mullah's with the Fulani and Andamanese) is the most intelligent, Africans are the most diverse in the world...since they've been around for 200k, whereas non Africans have been around for 60k and came from East Africa. It's the Europeans and Asians who are mixed, just look at them: features...Without there skin, some look like Bantus, other like horners: with Bantu Nazi logic this guy is 1/2 Chinese although they have less non African genes compare to Bantu:
 -

It's Arab an Eurasians who look like Africans. Not the other around...it's impossible...impossible.

plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So it seems people are still suffering the infection of hate and ignorance. Ceelgabo has already been addressed on his claims, but I'd expect Bantu to respond with more ignorance as a sign of his hurt feelings
quote:

First of all, the inscriptions from the wall paintings of those war captives say they are from Kush in northern Sudan and NOT from the Horn.

Second, slavery in Egypt was much more humane as it is in many African societies. The slaves were all treated with dignity and respect and to treat one ill was a crime so I doubt the rape of women slaves was common as you claim! All of the men pictured are prisoners of war anyway!!

quote:
ETHIOPIANS

^Yes, Ethiopians particularly those from the northern regions have West Asian admixture. So what? What has that got to do with the entire Horn of Africa, let alone Somalis??
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:
i always assumed you were west african muslim.

Interesting [Smile]
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

Actually quite to the contrary, no writing systems have been invented in Europe, while they have been invented in Africa, Asia and ancient Americas.

The Greek alphabet is a development of 'proto-Sinaitic" alphabet, massaged by the Pheonicians.

And Africans elsewhere, have developed many independent writing systems from that of the Nile Valley. See, for example: African Writing Systems

A related link:

African Writing Systems , but with mapping and a few other details! [Smile]

Ceelgabo_11
Member # 8942

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

The good old days [Wink]

ETHIOPIANS

Bantu anyone with eyes can see that those Fircoon slaves are none other than Bantu slaves.

Bantu
 -

-

Somali

-

-

Ancient Horn of African

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com