EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » My Theory about Ancient Egyptian Phenotype

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Theory about Ancient Egyptian Phenotype
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on the information I collected including on this forum, I strongly believe that AE looked more like today's Ethiopian, who can vary in complexion from very dark to very light and as AE, some were influenced phenotypically by non African people over the years through foreign admixture, by the way it's the same thing in Somalia...The difference between AE and Somalis is that like in Ethiopia there was a strong Nilo Saharan influence: rounder face and larger nose...Did I get it right? Probably the Medjay were closer to Somali phenotypically, whereas AE where more of a mix of African phenotypes like in Ethiopia and a little bit of leucoderm influence...
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably saharan population added a few
 -  -

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africa. I posted this previously but it gives some kind of photograph in stone of the way North Africans / Egyptians portrayed themselves. The accompanying text surveys the dental evidence from prehistoric times down through the Roman period showing continuity of African population. This, I guess, would add some validity to the Africaness seen throughout on the web page. And where the red-haired Rameses is concerned, we can recall that Dennis Rodman is black with red hair. And Africans who’ve spent any time in the sun will have hair that bleaches to red. Rameses red hair probably belonged to an African so we’d likely include him too in the collage below.

-

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com