EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » National Geographic Channel: Egyptomania

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: National Geographic Channel: Egyptomania
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomb of King Tut's Wet Nurse

Engineering Egypt

Cat Mummies

Nefertiti: The Lost Dynasty

Unfortunately my TV doesn't get it [Frown]

Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand. What is it you think you are missing?
Posts: 8901 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
I don't understand. What is it you think you are missing?

bump. LOL.

Just saw the Nefertiti mini video. It is deplorable. If they get a European to play Akhenaton - let him at least resemble Akhenaton. fat lips etc. The actor look liked a Norseman. Certain angles made Nefertiti at least looked like she had some distant African ancestory.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why Europeans are closer to Egyptians than Upper Egyptians or other Africans is what I meant.

These programs are written and produced for European audiences in America and elsewhere and are not even in Arabic for the people OF EGYPT, who ARE the direct ancestors of these people. What does THAT tell you? Of course the French actors are there because they are the "originators" of the imperial science of Egyptology as a form of Europeanized African "history". Of course they are picked to play the pharaohs, more in homage to their role in the development of Egyptology than any HISTORICAL connection to Egypt at the time of the pharaohs.

Once again, once you understand the purpose and reasoning for Egyptology as supporting a "racist" doctrine and ideology, then you will understand why it PROVIDES little of historical value in understanding Egypt. Anthropology, archeology and other fields provide more information on Egypt than actual Egyptologists, who are more concerned with distorting the findings of REAL archaeologists and anthropologists into keeping Egypt as being "middle Eastern" and not African and not as important as Europe, than promoting any real understanding of Egyptian history.

Posts: 8901 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Okay, Doug! Damn, we all know that!

I'm just saying, my cable doesn't include the National Geographic channel and am wondering if anyone has seen these programs if they've aired yet.

They look somewhat interesting, despite the obvious inaccurate portrayals. I am particularly curious about the 'Engineering Egypt' and 'Tut's Wet Nurse'.

Don't even get me started on the Nefertiti program. According to that video clip, they are planning on doing DNA tests of the same kind they did with the Hatshepsut mummy. And if the DNA test shows Fletcher is correct, what then? Fletcher should be vidicated and her career not only restored but made greater than it was before! That Hawass should apologize is an understatement. He should grovel at her feet!

Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
But he won't is the point and you are right, we all know why....

These programs, IMO, don't offer more information than you could get yourself as a layman by going to Egypt or keeping up with the latest discoveries and findings from the various teams and disciplines doing research. More often than not these programs are "packaged" for a certain audience, presenting a certain point of view which are just as bogus as the reenactments.

That is why I am shocked anyone actually expects anything of value from these programs.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct me if I'm wrong but, was it not a National Geographic study of Egyptian DNA that placed Egypt in the Mid-east and Europe?

I believe they even innacurately labeled E3b a 'mid-eastern'-lineage.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ They did NOT place Egypt as part of Europe, such a thing would be too obvious a blatant lie. However, they were deceptive when they said E3b was Middle-Eastern in that it was found in Egypt which is part of the geo-political construct called the "Middle East". But then again this is a partial lie in that the lineage is found throughout North Africa and Sub-Saharan East Africa.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and even in west africa...

I thought there were other lineages they mis-placed (out of africa).

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com