EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Cheikh Anta Diop talking about the melanyn of AE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheikh Anta Diop talking about the melanyn of AE
darkness
Member # 12385

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
web page this is one of the most intresting tape of C A D
about the melanyn of ancient egyptians.
Unfortunately it is in french so everyine will not be ble to understand everything

Posts: 16 | From: grenoble | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you translate?
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettadon_eq_8
Member # 14106

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettadon_eq_8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
translation please? anyone? thanks in advance.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrincessJin
Member # 13954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrincessJin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Translation?
Posts: 8 | From: America | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
translation please I dont understand.
for the ones who do is what there saying making sense?

Posts: 229 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone give a summery please.
Posts: 229 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although he mentioned that he managed to prove that mummies' melanine was that of Black African and not leucoderm, he emphasize the fact that craniology is less reliable than osteology in determining the origin of old skeleton, and that Lepsus demonstrated that a perfect AE was a African Negro based on osteology. Which is similar to the elongated body that prove that AE were super Negro, meaning very adapted tropically. But when he deviate is when he spent most of the piece talking about relationship between Wollof grammar and AE language...he spends a lot of time explaining the relationship between Niger Congo languages(Fulani, Wolof) and the Afro-Asiatic language spoken in AE. But I don't think he is aware of the existence of the Afro-Asiatic languages...He has a good understanding of the European psyche prior to the colonization, indeed he says that socio-anthropoligist in the 19th century divided European along a superior race (blond and blue eyed dolicocephalic European) and bracicephalic Alpine race that was considered as servant by the aristocracy...Basically they applied the same thing when they conquered the world and forgot about the division created by the aristocrats within Europe...He realized early that Europeans projected their divisions in the countries they colonized, trying to create new races in Africa that didn't exist in order to feel related to great civilization...
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darkness
Member # 12385

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Thanks I was about to translate but you did it all.
He also menttioned that eventhough the AE have been mixed since 3000 yrs when herodote came to egypt they were still black.

Unfortunetly I'm out of time but I will try to post a translation phrase by phrase soon.

Posts: 16 | From: grenoble | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettadon_eq_8
Member # 14106

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettadon_eq_8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by darkness:
OK Thanks I was about to translate but you did it all.
He also menttioned that eventhough the AE have been mixed since 3000 yrs when herodote came to egypt they were still black.

Unfortunetly I'm out of time but I will try to post a translation phrase by phrase soon.

please the phrase by phrase would be good thanks in advance.

darkness, thanx for the summary.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AFRICA I:
Although he mentioned that he managed to prove that mummies' melanine was that of Black African and not leucoderm, he emphasize the fact that craniology is less reliable than osteology in determining the origin of old skeleton, and that Lepsus demonstrated that a perfect AE was a African Negro based on osteology. Which is similar to the elongated body that prove that AE were super Negro, meaning very adapted tropically. But when he deviate is when he spent most of the piece talking about relationship between Wollof grammar and AE language...he spends a lot of time explaining the relationship between Niger Congo languages(Fulani, Wolof) and the Afro-Asiatic language spoken in AE. But I don't think he is aware of the existence of the Afro-Asiatic languages...He has a good understanding of the European psyche prior to the colonization, indeed he says that socio-anthropoligist in the 19th century divided European along a superior race (blond and blue eyed dolicocephalic European) and bracicephalic Alpine race that was considered as servant by the aristocracy...Basically they applied the same thing when they conquered the world and forgot about the division created by the aristocrats within Europe...He realized early that Europeans projected their divisions in the countries they colonized, trying to create new races in Africa that didn't exist in order to feel related to great civilization...

Thank you Africa. The point about osteology or bone structure is a very good one. The tropical African bone structure of the AE is testiment to both their indigenousness to Africa and their relatedness to other African peoples.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Thank You [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com