EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Update: Halle Berry’s ‘Nefertiti’ Will Have ‘Epic Quality’ To It

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update: Halle Berry’s ‘Nefertiti’ Will Have ‘Epic Quality’ To It
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Halle Berry’s ‘Nefertiti’ Will Have ‘Epic Quality’ To It

October, 2007

While mention of a beautiful and powerful female Egyptian pharaoh usually conjures up visions of Cleopatra, more than a thousand years before her there was Nefertiti. Telling the queen’s story has been a long-time passion project for Halle Berry, who has been developing a big-screen adaptation for years with “Monster’s Ball” helmer Marc Forster.

The flick’s progress may appear to be measured in inches, but Halle assures us that it’s still moving forward . . . it’s just a matter of piecing everything together. And those are admittedly big pieces, since Berry has grand visions for her historical biopic.

“It should be epic in feel,” Berry exclaimed to MTV News,” adding that it will have “lots of action because it’s all about that era in time when Nerfititi was ruling her nation.”

With language that promises to evoke memories of such films as “Ben Hur” and “Spartacus” (and hopefully not Elizabeth Tyler’s atomic bomb “Cleopatra”), Berry says “Nefertiti” will have something for everyone. “There’s battle scenes and love,” she said. “[It’s about] a woman coming into her own. So it should have that epic quality to it.”

With Berry enjoying her pregnancy and Forster busy with “Bond 22,” when pre-production could begin on “Nefertiti” is anyone’s guess. But here’s hoping we see the majesty of ancient Egypt come alive soon enough.

Watch Berry discuss “Nefertiti”:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/10/15/halle-berrys-nefertiti-will-have-epic-quality-to-it/

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefar
Member # 13890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating!
theres all kinds of questions running through my head right now! but I think im going to wait until more information comes out.

and....I just pray to god that hawass name doesn't pops up.he used to be my favorite egyptologist but now the man is anywhere where egyptian history is mentioned and its getting annoying.

its like give me a break...go away for a while.

Posts: 229 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was posted before sorry!

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ [Confused] Posted where else??

This is the first you've presented to us.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this movie is actually being made---totally sweet! Who else will be playing in this movie?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really don't know Djehuti?! That's the Goddess of the Sun movie that Maahes has been talking about, Myra was actually the one who made the thread, but it was about a year and a half ago, so I don't blame her for not remembering:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003890

That thread has info on who else is in it, Tyr.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yom:
You really don't know Djehuti?! That's the Goddess of the Sun movie that Maahes has been talking about, Myra was actually the one who made the thread, but it was about a year and a half ago, so I don't blame her for not remembering:

He DID say we would be hearing information in about a month...a month or so ago. I'm mad that it's in limbo though, but this happens to many films. At least they haven't forgotten about it and are aiming for classic. But by mentioning Ben Hur and Spartacus, they're already aiming a bit too high...lol.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005580
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yom:

Well, the Goddess of the Sun thread has little if anything on Halle Berry or what she had to say about the movie in discussion. Heck, the movie itself is barely discussed with all the 'other' things being argued!! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com