EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT " RememberThe Time" !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT " RememberThe Time" !
Nebsen
Member # 13728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love him or hate him, I always will remember Michael Jackson for doing the Music Video "Remember The Time". He dared to create a video showing Black people as Egyptians ! Some might argue that it was only a music video & know one really took it serious, I say wrong !

Many in the African American community knew what Michael Jackson was saying & conveying in this ground breaking (Film) music video. While it lift many "others" dumbed founded, to why it was a big deal in the African American communities, or just "amused", & therefor did not understand it's impact, including the white media !

I say it is the very first time a(film) that ancient Egyptians was shown as Africans, with the beauiful Iman as queen, & Eddy Murphy as Pharaoh, & the royal court all Africans.

The production value was off the charts & directed I believe by John Singalton ? Now if only someone had the nerves & money..... with the production value as good or better as "Remember The Time" to make a film (serious) today !

In this respects Michael Jackson was way ahead of his & time in pointing the way for future generations ! [Razz]

P.S. If you have noticed they have not shown the whole video on broadcast television, or if they do, it is maybe a second or two of "Remember The Time" for the status-Quo knows how ground breaking this video is, & presents a paradigm shift !

Posts: 135 | From: Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com