EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » @ Djehuti

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: @ Djehuti
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If black-skinned people like the Aetas have the optimal phenotype for the tropical environment of the Philippines, exactly how have Asian Filipinos managed to survive in such a high UV zone for so long? Do they simply tan very well to compensate for their originally light skin?

The same question could be asked of Central American and Polynesian types, but I chose Southeast Asians like Filipinos because we have an actual Filipino here.

Posts: 7080 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one thing most Filipinos or Southeast Asians in general for that matter are not that light but dark or 'brown'. Even many light-skinned ones can easily tan. Also, the forests can provide plenty of shade. But you may be right about black skin being more optimal because I myself ended up getting sun burn back in the Philippines one summer playing basketball with some guys even though my dark skin tanned (got darker) still in the blazing sun. Meanwhile many girls go out with umbrellas because they don't want to get dark which unfortunately for them is like catching a disease. [Frown]

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Filipinos are 50% Khoisan and 50% Chinese/Mongolian. My guest.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ That makes no sense. What do Khoisan of southern Africa have to do with the Philippines. It's more likely for Filipinos to have ancestry from the black aborigines of the area, which many no doubt do.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
Filipinos are 50% Khoisan and 50% Chinese/Mongolian. My guest.

Where's the proof? No Asians carry any African DNA at all...And Khoisans are the most distant from Asians, so how are Filipinos 50% Khoisan? That is just ridiculous.
Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ That makes no sense. What do Khoisan of southern Africa have to do with the Philippines. It's more likely for Filipinos to have ancestry from the black aborigines of the area, which many no doubt do.

So, the "black aborigines of the area" are not Filipinos?
Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com