EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Clyde Winters just admit it, Nubians invented Demotic script and continued its...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clyde Winters just admit it, Nubians invented Demotic script and continued its...
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Development into Meroitic, its quite obvious they're related and invented by the same people Clyde. After Demotic first appeared in the 25th dynasty, not from Dravidians and Mande script as you claimed. I saw it in one of your papers.
Posts: 2596 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Bytch!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by .Charlie Bass.:
Development into Meroitic, its quite obvious they're related and invented by the same people Clyde. After Demotic first appeared in the 25th dynasty, not from Dravidians and Mande script as you claimed. I saw it in one of your papers.

What are you talking about? Please explain.

Provide a direct quote where I said Demotic,came from the Dravidian and Mande scripts. What paper did you read this in?

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:

Provide a direct quote where I said Demotic,came from the Dravidian and Mande scripts. What paper did you read this in?

One of your students cited in your paper on the decipherment of Meroitic, that you deciphered it using some Indian script, likewise the citation says Demotic comes from some Indian script, the same one used to decipher Meroitic.
Posts: 2596 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

One of your students cited in your paper on the decipherment of Meroitic, that you deciphered it using some Indian script, likewise the citation says Demotic comes from some Indian script, the same one used to decipher Meroitic.
You must be confused. I am still waiting for a direct quote where I said Demotic is derived from an Indian script.

Meroitic is not Demotic. I said that it was probably created by Meroite Buddhists known as the Gymnosophist.

What do you believe is the origin of Meroitic writing?

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gymnosophists is the name (meaning "naked philosophers") given by the Greeks to certain ancient Indian philosophers who pursued asceticism to the point of regarding food and clothing as detrimental to purity of thought (sadhus or yogis).
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:

Apollonius the Nazarene
Part 8
Events in the life of
Apollonius of Tyana :
Visit to the Gymnosophists,
as recorded in
"The Life of Apollonius of Tyana"
by his biographer, Philostratus
By Dr. R. W. Bernard, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (1964)
We now come to Apollonius' visit to the "Gymnosophists" of Upper Egypt, whom Damis calls the "naked Egyptian philosophers," though according to Mead, the word "naked" probably meant "lightly clad." That they might have been originally Buddhist missionaries who traveled westward is indicated by a statement by one of the younger members of the community who left it to follow Apollonius. He related that he came to join the community from the enthusiastic account of his father who told him that these "Ethiopians" were from India; and so he had joined them instead of making the long and perilous trip to the Indus in search of wisdom. If this is true, these Gymnosophists must have originally been Buddhist missionaries who traveled westward and settled in Egypt, recruiting members from the Egyptians, Arabs, and Ethiopians, and so in the course of time forgot their origin. This explains the great similarity of Gymnosophical, Essenian and Therapeut doctrines to Buddhist ones, aside from the direct importation of Buddhist teachings by Pythagoras and Apollonius.*

(*See the books by Arthur Lillie, Buddhism in Christianity and India in Primitive Christianity, for details on the contribution of travelling Buddhist monks to Palestine, Egypt, Syria and Asia Minor, to the formation of the early Essene/Therapeut/Nazarene communities in these areas, which later became the base upon which Christianity was raised. A large number of the volumes in the Library of Alexandria were likewise of Buddhist origin.)

http://www.apollonius.net/bernard8e.html

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scholars in the Clyde Winters pantheon:

Dr. R. W. Bernard, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (d1964)

His final and most popular book was the "The Hollow Earth." He died of pneumonia on September 10, 1965, while searching the tunnel openings to the interior of the Earth, in South America. He was an individual who was not afraid to explore well beyond the confines of the `establishment's convention', and the spirit of his controversial research lives on..

The Hollow Earth

Chapter 8:
Conclusion

By: Dr. R. W. Bernard, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.

From the evidence contained in this book, confirmed by many Arctic explorers whom we cite, we come to the following conclusions:

1. There is really no North or South Pole. Where they are supposed to exist there are really wide openings to the hollow interior of the Earth.

2. Flying saucers come from the hollow interior of the Earth through these polar openings.

3. The hollow interior of the earth, warmed by its central sun (the source of Aurora Borealis) has an ideal subtropical climate of about 76 degrees in temperature, neither too hot nor too cold.

4. Arctic explorers found the temperature to rise as they traveled far north; they found more open seas; they found animals traveling north in winter, seeking food and warmth, when they should have gone south; they found the compass needle to assume a vertical position instead of a horizontal one and to become extremely eccentric; they saw tropical birds and more animal life the further north they went; they saw butterflies, mosquitoes and other insects in the extreme north, when they were not found until one is as far south as Alaska and Canada; they found the snow discolored by colored pollen and black dust, which became worse the further north they went. The only explanation is that this dust came from active volcanoes in the polar opening.

5. There is a large population inhabiting the inner concave surface of the Earth's crust, composing a civilization far in advance of our own in its scientific achievements, which probably descended from the sunken continents of Lemuria and Atlantis. Flying saucers are only one of their many achievements. It would be to our advantage to contact these Elder Brothers of the human race, learn from them and receive their advice and aid.

6. The existence of a polar opening and land beyond the Poles is probably known to the U.S. Navy in whose employ Admiral Byrd made his two historic flights and which is probably a top international secret.

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You must be confused. I am still waiting for a direct quote where I said Demotic is derived from an Indian script.

Meroitic is not Demotic. I said that it was probably created by Meroite Buddhists known as the Gymnosophist.

What do you believe is the origin of Meroitic writing?

Demotic and Meroitic writing scripts closely resemble one another is my position and the position of a number of others on African writing scripts. I think that 25th Dynasty "Nubians" invented Demotic and when they retreated back to Nubia they improved upon the Demotic by adding vowels and a few other innovations to created Meroitic writing script, both are cursive writing scripts.
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:

Demotic and Meroitic writing scripts closely resemble one another is my position and the position of a number of others on African writing scripts. I think that 25th Dynasty "Nubians" invented Demotic and when they retreated back to Nubia they improved upon the Demotic by adding vowels and a few other innovations to created Meroitic writing script, both are cursive writing scripts.

The 25th Dynasty has nothing to do with Meroitic.

You don't even know when Meroitic was invented. Why are you debating something you have no knowledge of?

Please cite the paper that claims the 25th Dynasty created the Meroitic script.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:

What are the resemblances between Meroitic and Demotic? Please list these aleged resemblances.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

The 25th Dynasty has nothing to do with Meroitic.

You don't even know when Meroitic was invented. Why are you debating something you have no knowledge of?

Please cite the paper that claims the 25th Dynasty created the Meroitic script.

I said DEMOTIC was invented during the 25th Dynsaty in Egypt, not Meroitic which was invented later.
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

What are the resemblances between Meroitic and Demotic? Please list these aleged resemblances.

I am still waiting for your answer.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com