EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Please discard the term 'black african'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please discard the term 'black african'
Misanthropist
Member # 18543

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Misanthropist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it that we black folk still use the absurd designation 'black african'?????? If I'm not mistaken it was John Henrik Clarke who said that saying 'black africa' is like saying 'wet rain'. We must stop reinforcing the utterly absurd and racist notion that North Africa was not 'as black' as the rest of Africa. It disgusts me every time I have to read that word in someone's post/essay/book, etc. The term 'black africa' is FAR MORE harmful from a psycho-historical standpoint than is the term 'nigga' which we hear so many whine about. I'll have to do a separate thread on my opinions about the term 'nigga'.
Posts: 16 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007183

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misanthropist,

I've told these fools that countless times. They are weak minded dullards who cannot do something as simple as ignore the mental sodomization attempts by their white owners.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL Funny analogy but understandable coming from someone like you. [Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by Misanthropist:

Why is it that we black folk still use the absurd designation 'black african'?????? If I'm not mistaken it was John Henrik Clarke who said that saying 'black africa' is like saying 'wet rain'. We must stop reinforcing the utterly absurd and racist notion that North Africa was not 'as black' as the rest of Africa. It disgusts me every time I have to read that word in someone's post/essay/book, etc. The term 'black africa' is FAR MORE harmful from a psycho-historical standpoint than is the term 'nigga' which we hear so many whine about. I'll have to do a separate thread on my opinions about the term 'nigga'.

I agree with you Misanthropy, however the reason why I attach black to African is to drive home the point that these people were black. I use it the SAME way I do white European. We know indigenous Europeans are white, yet of course the Euronut tactic is to suggest that there are somehow non-black peoples indigenous to the African continent.
Posts: 26268 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Misanthropist

Of course you are right. Blacks are made to seem
abberant to their own continent by that term. If
anything that minority of indigenous Africans who
are no longer black are the ones who need a term
like "White Africa" to designate their region of the
continent.

Asia is home to people of various colours. We never hear
- yellow Asia(n)
- brown Asia(n)
- black Asia(n)
- white Asia(n).

Black Africa(n) is part and parcel of Eurocentrism's need
to prefix black to any and every thing having to do with
black people as if blackness is an oddity and never the norm.

quote:

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
...indigenous Africans who are no longer black

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alTakruri wrote:
quote:
If anything that minority of indigenous Africans who are no longer black
What is black?

Is an African whose skin color is yellow, black?

Is an African who is an albino, black?

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We who are black (including our reds) know who we are.

It's you who are not black who have the definition problem.

We have no problem. Solving yours is not our interest.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Fly.

A few probably do it out of provocative emphasis i guess, lately i tend to like to be less emphatic and let the evidence speak for itself, let my adversarial step over teh line and fall into easy counters that incapacitate them dropping them to the floor. Sometime i know i do things provocatively where i can afford them.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
alTakruri wrote:
quote:
What is black?

Is an African whose skin color is yellow, black?

Is an African who is an albino, black?

What kind of dodge is this? Apparently you can't even define your own terms.

Since you are having such a difficult time with the previous question I will make it simpler for you.

Is a Nigerian whose skin is yellow, black?

Is an Ethiopian whose skin is yellow, black?

Is an Eritrean whose skin is yellow, black?

Is a Congolese whose skin is yellow, black?

Is a Libyan whose skin is yellow, black?

Is a Moroccan whose skin is yellow, black?

Is a Sudanese whose skin is yellow, black?

Is an Egyptian whose skin is yellow, black?

Thank you.

Misanthropist
Member # 18543

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misanthropist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Djehuti: Thank you for your response. I'd just like to point out that there is no such thing as an indigenous "white" European. In fact, "white" and "indigenous" are mutually exclusive terms, anthropologically speaking. I'm sure u knew this. It only recently dawned on me, though.

--------------------
"The world breaks everyone..." Hemingway

Posts: 16 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
@Djehuti: Thank you for your response. I'd just like to point out that there is no such thing as an indigenous "white" European. In fact, "white" and "indigenous" are mutually exclusive terms, anthropologically speaking. I'm sure u knew this. It only recently dawned on me, though.

are you indigenous to California?
or are you an outsider?

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I have invested too much of my own emotionism into the term Black..I can't give it up maybe my kids can if they want to, but black for me is beautiful let each generation make their own way on the matter after-all I hate being called Negro or colored.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
AFRICANS

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EUROPEANS
 -
 -
 -

quote:

We who are black (including our reds) know who we are.

It's you (Argay) who are not black who have the definition problem.

We have no problem. Solving yours is not our interest.

Indeed. Argay is neither black nor straight. His problem is not ours. [Big Grin]
Posts: 26268 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

@Misanthropist

Of course you are right. Blacks are made to seem
abberant to their own continent by that term. If
anything that minority of indigenous Africans who
are no longer black are the ones who need a term
like "White Africa" to designate their region of the continent.

Asia is home to people of various colours. We never hear
- yellow Asia(n)
- brown Asia(n)
- black Asia(n)
- white Asia(n).

Black Africa(n) is part and parcel of Eurocentrism's need
to prefix black to any and every thing having to do with
black people as if blackness is an oddity and never the norm.

If that is the mentality that euronuts have then they are sicker and more insane than I thought! So blacks are now somehow unusual to Africa, not to mention the various other tropical regions they are aboriginal to from Arabia to the Pacific??!
quote:

How so? Are not white peoples indigenous to Europe where their white skins developed??

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com