EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Yet another paper of mine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yet another paper of mine
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link

Not the first time I've written on this subject obviously, but this time I've managed to work in more evidence than my previous papers. This was intended for a peer-reviewed journal but now I feel I don't have the academic clout to get published yet.

Posts: 7091 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from above essay:

Conclusion

Data from archaeology, cultural anthropology, and biological anthropology all show a strong cultural and biological connection between ancient Egypt and sub-Saharan Africa.The Egyptians originated in more southerly regions of Africa, shared many cultural characteristics with Africans elsewhere on the continent, and had a physical appearance that would definitely be regarded as "black African" in an American cultural context.Although the black African identity of the ancient Egyptians should not color our judgement of their civilization's greatness, it is nonetheless important to acknowledge for a number of reasons. First, knowledge of the Egyptians' African affinities will aid inaccurately reconstructing these ancient people and their culture, whether in artwork or in films and television documentaries. Secondly, ancient Egypt's accomplishments show the potential that people of African people have and refutes the anti-black racist allegation that Africans are incapable of any kind of civilization. Thirdly, if Egyptology as a discipline admits the Africanity of ancient Egypt, that will help undo the damage inflicted by two centuries of denial.The time to accept the African background of ancient Egypt is long overdue

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt was definitely built by blacks.
But if Egypt was a Pan African civilization ? No .
Pan African Egypt is an afrocentrist fantasy.

Once again

-

-

-

mtdna
 -

y-Dna
 -

E hg
 -

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but Wally said....
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Genetics said....
Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
Link

Not the first time I've written on this subject obviously, but this time I've managed to work in more evidence than my previous papers. This was intended for a peer-reviewed journal but now I feel I don't have the academic clout to get published yet.

Very well-written, I must say. I especially love the first overview on the archaeological evidence as it is concise, yet still manages to cover everything (or at least the most important things). I think the only hindrance to your being published is indeed, formal credentials. Superficial as that may seem, I (most of us probably) have the same road block. In due time though you will be, so this is excellent preparation in manuscript writing that will ultimately give you the advantage later.

Can't wait to see your senior thesis. [Smile]

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
Can't wait to see your senior thesis. [Smile]

I myself can't wait to write it.
Posts: 7091 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
from above essay:

Conclusion

Data from archaeology, cultural anthropology, and biological anthropology all show a strong cultural and biological connection between ancient Egypt and sub-Saharan Africa.The Egyptians originated in more southerly regions of Africa, shared many cultural characteristics with Africans elsewhere on the continent, and had a physical appearance that would definitely be regarded as "black African" in an American cultural context.Although the black African identity of the ancient Egyptians should not color our judgement of their civilization's greatness, it is nonetheless important to acknowledge for a number of reasons. First, knowledge of the Egyptians' African affinities will aid inaccurately reconstructing these ancient people and their culture, whether in artwork or in films and television documentaries. Secondly, ancient Egypt's accomplishments show the potential that people of African people have and refutes the anti-black racist allegation that Africans are incapable of any kind of civilization. Thirdly, if Egyptology as a discipline admits the Africanity of ancient Egypt, that will help undo the damage inflicted by two centuries of denial.The time to accept the African background of ancient Egypt is long overdue

Why is an "American cultural context" being applied to ancient Egypt?
Is the American point of view on what is or is not "black African" some sort of yardstick or standard. What about the African cultural context?
Why are people judged on their ability to have a so called "civilization". This is a Western application.
The abilities of a person is determined by what they can do not what their ancestors did or did not do. If someone's ancestors came from the Amazon rain forest that does not mean they are incapable of being an architect or physicist.
This attempt at proving capability by ancestry unwittingly plays right into the racist game.
And the thing is probably little to no common ancestry between AA's and AEs.
Further using Egypt as proof of "civilization capability" plays right into disregarding West African culture, why?

because it's seen as "uncivilized"

So the recipe is that a person, say from Papua New Guinea, for example, has no capability because 5000 years ago they weren't on a continent that had Egypt or Greece on it.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004354;p=1#000000

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Because ancient civilizations and cultures unfortunately do get judged from a biased cultural context that is Western in general and at times modern American specifically.
quote:
Originally posted by KoKaKoLa:

Egypt was definitely built by blacks.
But if Egypt was a Pan African civilization ? No .
Pan African Egypt is an afrocentrist fantasy.

This is a ridiculous strawman where did Truth say Egypt is pan-African? Can any civilization on the African continent be "pan-African" has any culture on Africa spanned the whole continent? Of course not. But that doesn't mean no relation to other cultures or peoples of Africa.
Posts: 26302 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com