EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » African Origins of the Word "Nike"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: African Origins of the Word "Nike"
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asar Imhotep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following paper is a preliminary examination of the Greek word Nike, which is more known to us in modern times as the name of the sports apparel conglomerate, but was historically known as the goddess of victory. I suggest in this essay that the word Nike “victory” is of Egyptian origin and that it can also be found in West Africa among the Yoruba as the god Ogun.

-

https://www.asarimhotep.com/index.php/articles/64-african-origin-of-the-word-nike

Posts: 853 | From: Houston | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asar Imhotep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have since revised the article to include some vital information that includes:

The connection between Nike and the Egyptian goddess Hathor
Nike as a possible solar deity
The actual goddess personification in the Egyptian language (nxt.t)
The linguistic connections between Nike and Sekhmet (sxm.t)
Nike's linguistic origin in a word for "arm"
And the possible connection with the term Ankh (anx) "captive"

If you have the opportunity, please redownload to update your version of the document. Please share and I look forward to your feedback.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.asarimhotep.com/index.php/articles/64-african-origin-of-the-word-nike

Posts: 853 | From: Houston | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com