EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Attack On Africans Writing Their Own History

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attack On Africans Writing Their Own History
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MTvOGwv0ws

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKkXz7QVLZM

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6O1xnep5zE

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwybxqum84Y

Part 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyuuZNhI4cA

Part 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Pu2L5EUIw

Part 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlKy0ZRlz3A

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asa is correct Afro-Americans are the only people attacked just because they dare write their own history.

Europeans have this misguided notion that they should direct how we interpret our own history, since we were their slaves. But traditionally, AAs have been writing their own history, and the history of Black/Negro prople around the world for over 200 years

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing new here. The Eurocentric academia has always regarded itself as the 'guardians of history' even though they are the ones who distort and outright lie about the history of many, most especially of all Africans! It is these lies and distortions that fuel their crumbling palace of white supremacy built on a flimsy foundation like a stack of cards. All other historical scholars not part of this Euronut mold such as Africanists, Asianists (both South Asian as well as East Asian) and Native American scholars not to mention the feminist scholars have exposed the Euronut fraud for what it is. Check out Max Dashu's RACISM, HISTORY AND LIES.

Of course Africans should write their own history as it is THEIR history. However I should caution that responsibility should be taken as well to report truth and not wishful thinking or fantasy as people like the poster above me does. It's folks like him that do a disservice to Africanist history by discrediting it with the same pseudo-scholarly crap that the Euronuts peddle. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26322 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ridiculous.

Only extreme afrocentrists care about those things. Care about receiving the benediction of some so-called eurocentric/racists people. What a shame!

Do Russians, French or Chinese need the benediction of America or worse each and every racist people in the world to write their own history? It's ridiculous, isn't it?

As I read a lot of books. It's pretty clear to me that Africans are already writing their own history. Many books are published in Africa (from African universities for example). Hopefully more so in the future. Although much more anthropological and historical research should also be undertaken in Africa.

Writing history shouldn't be a reactionary response to some other people misconception but an academic and scientific endeavor involving research, analysis and publishing of the results.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here!! Here!!!
Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Amun-Ra. Blacks shouldn't worry about what others think of them writing their history.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People you have to watch the entire set of videos.

It's about Eurocentric aristocrats conspiring to attack people of African descent on writing their own history.

This needs to be discussed.

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ And again, I ask what's new??! Eurocentric aristocrats have been conspiring and actually attacking Africans outright for centuries. The difference is that today they can never resort to outright violence. Amun-Ra is right, who cares? I say let them attack! Let the works of African historians be scrutinized and stand up for itself. They have evidence on their side while the these 'aristocrats' do not. LOL [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26322 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though I agree with Troll Patrol and the video.

There isn't much we can do in destroying Eurocentrism. There will always be a form of Eurocentrism whether it be in high school texts books or hollywood/media, there will always be a view of European culture being superior to all. BUT...What we can do is give a balanced view to those who are less informed than us. So they can be the judge for themselves.

So far that has not really been done on a large scale.

Thats just my opinion.

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com