EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Nefertiti Reconstruction by Sven Geruschkat 2009

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nefertiti Reconstruction by Sven Geruschkat 2009
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Hi!

I gave it a try. This should be ‘Nefertiti’ and it’s based on the iconic bust of her. It’s an attempt to visualize her real likeness. I had the chance to take some reference photos in the ‘Old Museum’ in Berlin, where the bust is currently on display. While modeling, I realized how sensitive the forms and shapes were to ‘perspective distortions’. The reference photos are so distorted in a way, which the viewport cannot reproduce. So the photos were pretty much useless and I went crazy. Note to myself: photos and viewport/cameras aren’t comparable.

Some infos:
Nefertiti lived around 1370 BC - 1330 BC in Egypt, and was the wife of Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV). She became co-regent, gave birth to 6 daughters and died allegedly at the age of 35. She was also known throughout Egypt for her beauty. She was very proud of her long, swan like neck. Her name roughly translates to “the beautiful (or perfect) one has arrived”.

You can see the original bust here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nefertiti

or on my website:
http://www.svenger.de/

This model was done with 3dsmax, Mudbox, Mental Ray and Photoshop (textures, glow effects, minor retouches). I certainly lost my vision during the creation. So, you have to judge…

GOOD JOB!
SOFTWARE

3ds maxmental rayMudboxPhotoshop
TAGS

nefertitinofretetecharacterheadbustfemaleegyptqueenbeautymental rayskinssswomansv3ng3r
DISCUSS ON CGTALK

FEATURED GALLERIES

EXPLORE Editor's Showcase: 3D

EXPLORE Editor's Showcase: 2D

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think queen Nefertiti still look black in that reconstruction, she is light skin black in that reconstruction.

-
Queen Nefertiti

-
Queen Nefertiti

I think this earlier reconstruction of the face of Nefertity is very good. she have a darker skin color in that reconstruction.

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com