EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » ANCIENT EGYPTIAN RETAINER SACRIFICE AND MUMMIFICATION; A BLACK AFRICAN TRADITION.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ANCIENT EGYPTIAN RETAINER SACRIFICE AND MUMMIFICATION; A BLACK AFRICAN TRADITION.
Ledama Kenya
Member # 21677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ledama Kenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Due to the African belief in the after life and the under world,black africans especially SOUTH EASTERN BANTUS AND SOUTHERN NILOTES practiced retainer sacrifice and mummification.Black african tribes that practised mummification includes Zulu,shona,swazi,lhuya,baganda and Datooga(a kalenjin subnation also called Barbaig)
RETAINER SACRIFICE
A black african tradition of human sacrifice,whereby when a king dies,his loyal servants,slaves and loyal guards are sacrificed to accompany him in the after life.
web pageWIKIPIDIA
ZULU RETAINER SACRIFICE AND MUMMIFICATION
This video clip in the beginning shows the servants of chief Senzangakhona kaJama ,shaka's dad sacrifice to follow the old chief to the after life.
web page youtube video

The Datooga a subtribe of the kalenjin,still practise mummification a tradition abandoned by the kalenjin after migrating from egypt to ethiopia,and there mixing with the maasai Sabaeans,thats why they adopted maasai burial traditons or body disposal.But the datooga(barbaig) have preserved this proto kalenjin mummification process,even bulding pyramid structures BUNGET on the tombs of important chiefs.The south estearn bantus that practised mummification were Zulu,Shona,Vugale,luhya,baganda
MORTUARY CUSTOMS AND THE BELIEF IN SURVIVAL AFTER DEATH AMONG THE SOUTH-EASTERN BANTU 1 By MAX GLUCKMANN .

Posts: 306 | From: Kenya | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ponsford
Member # 20191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ponsford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hobbyist on the internet especially You Tube believe that the Egyptian culture was somehow distinct from the rest of Africa.African History is not taught in the Western World,I myself lack knowledge of African History.
Posts: 121 | From: Guyana | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ponsford:
The hobbyist on the internet especially You Tube believe that the Egyptian culture was somehow distinct from the rest of Africa.African History is not taught in the Western World,I myself lack knowledge of African History.

Well then, get on the saddle.

Theres a whole wealth of mind opening threads about African culture brother. start with the threads about axum, Christian nubia, kanem bornu etc read up on people like the dogon from mali, wolof, the zang etc.

The brothas and sistahs on these forums have spent years cataloguing info from the African mainstreams, to the info that is rarely known.

Take the time to learn, and be patient.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading in a Ancient Egypt history book that the Egyptian abandoned the tradition of human sacrifices and the sacrifice of the servants of the Pharaohs after his death in the Egyptian pre dynastic era. The sacrifice servants of the dead Pharaohs were replaced by the ushabtis figurines or statuettes.
Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com