EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » First Ancient Mitochondrial Human Genome from a Prepastoralist Southern African

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Ancient Mitochondrial Human Genome from a Prepastoralist Southern African
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/6/10/2647.full

First Ancient Mitochondrial Human Genome from a Prepastoralist Southern African

Abstract

The oldest contemporary human mitochondrial lineages arose in Africa. The earliest divergent extant maternal offshoot, namely haplogroup L0d, is represented by click-speaking forager peoples of southern Africa. Broadly defined as Khoesan, contemporary Khoesan are today largely restricted to the semidesert regions of Namibia and Botswana, whereas archeological, historical, and genetic evidence promotes a once broader southerly dispersal of click-speaking peoples including southward migrating pastoralists and indigenous marine-foragers. No genetic data have been recovered from the indigenous peoples that once sustained life along the southern coastal waters of Africa prepastoral arrival. In this study we generate a complete mitochondrial genome from a 2,330-year-old male skeleton, confirmed through osteological and archeological analysis as practicing a marine-based forager existence. The ancient mtDNA represents a new L0d2c lineage (L0d2c1c) that is today, unlike its Khoe-language based sister-clades (L0d2c1a and L0d2c1b) most closely related to contemporary indigenous San-speakers (specifically Ju). Providing the first genomic evidence that prepastoral Southern African marine foragers carried the earliest diverged maternal modern human lineages, this study emphasizes the significance of Southern African archeological remains in defining early modern human origins.
 -

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article is worthless. The San terms for cattle are all non Bantu. The goats come from North African variety. This suggest to me that the San were cattle herders long, long before 330 BC.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure completely, that the KhoeSan have the first mtDNA.

The L1 Macrohaplogroup covers L1a to L1k.

The geneticists in charge renamed some of the L1 clades L0 like L0a, L0d and L0k. Then, they said L0d and L0K does not appear in Black America.

Y chromosome A00 was found in Albert Perry African American which matches Congo pygmies Mbo tribe.

This is saying Adam never met Eve. Does not make sense. The most common mtDNA in Congo pygmy groups is L1c which has another variant found commonly in African Americans.

-

The Congo pygmies speak Bantu family languages.

Children learn languages while sitting on their mothers' laps. That's how we get the term "mother's tongue". Did "Bantu" farmers really impose a foreign language on pygmies?

L0/L1 mtDNAs are found all over Africa. L0/L1 is Eve. Tuaregs have click sounds in their languages.

All Africans are part pygmy. The Voodoo like relgions of Africa are similar to the KhoeSan.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also want to know which is the oldest language family. Is it KhoeSan or Bantu/Niger Congo?

The KhoeSan live in English speaking countries and the Congo pygmies generally live in French speaking countries. I also talk about this and it may be influencing the logic of the scientists.

Then there is the question of appearance. Were the KhoeSan favored over Congo pygmies for Human origins because of their appearance?

-

-

-

Not all San women are L0/L1 some are L2 and L3.

[EDIT: corrected img tag so all can view the image ~ Ardo ~]

[ 05. December 2014, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: ausar ]

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue + Christian:
I also want to know which is the oldest language family. Is it KhoeSan or Bantu/Niger Congo?

The KhoeSan live in English speaking countries and the Congo pygmies generally live in French speaking countries. I also talk about this and it may be influencing the logic of the scientists.

Then there is the question of appearance. Were the KhoeSan favored over Congo pygmies for Human origins because of their appearance?

-

-

-

Not all San women are L0/L1 some are L2 and L3.

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^Stop it with that nonsense. It's obvious you got limited genetic knowledge. Asking questions is ok (which may or may not be answered here), writing a lot of nonsense is not ok. You must take into account the phylogenetic relationship between haplogroups which can usually be seen in a phylogenetic tree.

L0 and L1 haplogroup carrier are not more ancient or more similar to the human origins than people from the L6 haplogroup. That's absurd.

Those are just numbers given to them by geneticists just to identify them. Each modern human populations, from every mtDNA lineages, went through about the same number of generations and mutations since the time of the common origin between all humans (mtDNA Eve in this case).

Do you really think L0 is closer to ancient people or the MtDNA Eve than L6, based on genetic numbers given to their haplogroup?

Since European are all L3, beside through admixtures, it would mean L4, L5 and L6 carriers in Africa are more distant from the common origin between all humans and the MtDNA Eve. That's absurd.

All human populations went through the same number of years and about the same number of generations and mutations since the time of the MtDNA Eve (and Y-DNA Adam)

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this how you talk to people
you don't even know? Go ahead
and argue points as you will but
insulting people is not what it's about.

I want an inviting atmosphere
to draw new talent not a lot
of dissing crap that turns
people off and turns them
away from ES EGYPTOLOGY.

If you want to talk about
absurdities and miniscule
genetic knowledge go no
farther than your own
erroneous ****, like
just about anything in your
last post or that all males
of the same nrY haplogroup
have the same grandfather
when factually their MRCA
lived ages ago.

Don't talk about the poster
talk about what they posted

~ Ardo ~

Observe the timeframe and
mutations of the various
populations in this tree
by Oppenheimer (2012)
Out-of-Africa, the peopling of continents and islands: tracing uniparental gene trees across the map.
(link) including Dr Winters' reply and Oppenheimer's response.
--------------------------------------------
 -

Figure 2.

Phylogeny based on the first mtDNA complete sequence data available in 2000 (from 52 individuals randomly selected around the world). Original branch-date calibration by author. Structure of tree remains essentially the same today. Adapted from fig. 0.3 [10,11]. Note the chimpanzee–human coalescent date derives from analysis of coding region, i.e. not assumed from fossil evidence.

• When Africa and the rest of the world were first compared using the uniparental mtDNA locus in 1986 [9], the evidence for the recent ‘out-of-Africa’ model was strongly supported, in that the two trees rooted deeply in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) with derivative branches outside. The first mtDNA tree was low resolution, with a number of African misclassifications. The mtDNA tree was improved and resolved by complete sequence data and a world tree, based on the first 52 complete sequences published, showed that all non-Africans belonged to two sibling twigs (M and N) both arising from L3, one of over a dozen unique African branches (fig. 0.3 in Oppenheimer [11], reproduced here as figure 2).

Two phylogeographic predictions of the recent replacement model are fulfilled in the first resolved, dated worldwide CS-mtDNA tree (figure 2). First, of the dozen or more branches of the tree found only in Africa most, although young (less than 200 ka), are, as expected, much older than L3, M or N. The genetic age of the deepest branch (190 ka) [11] (192 ka in Soares et al. [7]) is consistent with the new dated fossil finds of early AMH in East Africa (164 ka [40]; 195 ka [41]).

• Firstly, both of the two primary branches of the L3 mtDNA haplogroup outside Africa (M and N; figure 2), are represented in East Eurasia, including South Asia (where they have the highest number of autochthonous M and N lineages in the world), while only N is represented in the Near East/Europe where it is younger than in South Asia (§4c(i–ii)). Second, all the primary branches of N are represented in South Asia [43], whereas the Levantine and European N representatives are less diverse, more derived and younger than those in South Asia (for an in-depth discussion, see earlier studies [11,15]).

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
[QB] like
just about anything in your
last post

Since you don't say what aspect of my last post is wrong and why, what do you want me to say? Put yourself in my position..

quote:

or that all males
of the same nrY haplogroup
have the same grandfather
when factually their MRCA
lived ages ago.

People who share an Y-DNA haplogroup share (at the very least) one common grandfather who had this mutation in the first place (for example mutation P2 as in E-P2). Thus they share an ancestor at least as young as P2, which is the P2 guy (aka the grandfather) born with the P2 mutation in the first place.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All we are saying is give peace a chance.

Respect other posters, whether you feel they
are right or they are wrong, instead of
immediate character assassination, try
asking them to clarify. You just may
learn something, that is, unless
you know it all already.

~ Ardo ~

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Amun-Ra,

I am African American. I sign in a Shango and changed my handle to RWB+C. Ben Franklin I my avatar because he was not a slaveowner and he flew a kite in thunder and lightning.

-

[  -

Get It?

----------------------------------------
I've been away from Egyptsearch for 2 years handling personal stuff. During this time, I;ve thought about South Carolina a lot and learned many things such as 40% of the slaves who came there came from the Kongo related Bantu cultures.

Then, the A00 Y chromosome was found in SC which matched the Mbo A00 Y chromosome. So, I asked myself, is the L1c mtDNA closer to EVE?

The Bible says Adam and Eve lived in a GARDEN. The KhoeSan are in a Desert.

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
This is personal for me and I have not revealed everything that I know. I'm waiting for her report.

https://experiment.com/projects/which-of-cameroon-s-peoples-have-members-of-haplogroup-a00

Long time ago, Dr. Ben or John Henrik Clarke said that the Ancient Egyptians came from the BaTwa (Congo Pygmies).

http://wysinger.homestead.com/bes.html

Will say more at another time.

http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Egypt-Akhenaton-Nefertiti-Testament/dp/1931882959

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com