EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Genetic Ancestry of Hadza & Sandawe Reveals Ancient African Population Structure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Genetic Ancestry of Hadza & Sandawe Reveals Ancient African Population Structure
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genetic Ancestry of Hadza and Sandawe Peoples Reveals Ancient Population Structure in Africa

Daniel Shriner Fasil Tekola-Ayele Adebowale Adeyemo Charles N Rotimi
quote:

Abstract
The Hadza and Sandawe populations in present-day Tanzania speak languages containing click sounds and therefore thought to be distantly related to southern African Khoisan languages. We analyzed genome-wide genotype data for individuals sampled from the Hadza and Sandawe populations in the context of a global data set of 3,528 individuals from 163 ethno-linguistic groups. We found that Hadza and Sandawe individuals share ancestry distinct from and most closely related to Omotic ancestry; share Khoisan ancestry with populations such as ≠Khomani, Karretjie, and Ju/’hoansi in southern Africa; share Niger-Congo ancestry with populations such as Yoruba from Nigeria and Luhya from Kenya, consistent with migration associated with the Bantu Expansion; and share Cushitic ancestry with Somali, multiple Ethiopian populations, the Maasai population in Kenya, and the Nama population in Namibia. We detected evidence for low levels of Arabian, Nilo-Saharan, and Pygmy ancestries in a minority of individuals. Our results indicate that west Eurasian ancestry in eastern Africa is more precisely the Arabian parent of Cushitic ancestry. Relative to the Out-of-Africa migrations, Hadza ancestry emerged early whereas Sandawe ancestry emerged late.

https://academic.oup.com/gbe/advance-article/doi/10.1093/gbe/evy051/4935243

..This man again lol.
I trust Tekola-Ayele though.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They just can’t help themselves. “semi-supervised”? WTF is that?
Quote:
” Table S2. Ancestral composition of the reference pseudo-samples used in the semi-supervised clustering analysis.”

He is trying to make a name for himself. Henn and Eva Gonzalez did the same. Then they capitulate. Eva - 50% African lineage in prehistoric Iberia. African lineage in 8kyo Farmers in Levant...They all do it then fall in line.

Whole-Genome-Sequence-Based Haplotypes Reveal Single Origin of the Sickle Allele during the Holocene Wet Phase - Daniel Shriner1

No need to "TRUST" him??!! He will fall in line. Maybe in this paper. Let's see....

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These people are Fugking hilarious…

--------------------
Quote:
Semi-supervised analysis is called supervised analysis in ADMIXTURE (Bansal and Libiger 2015) and can be performed by invoking the option --supervised. Supervised analysis based on predefined allele frequencies that are not allowed to be updated by the sample genotype data is called projection analysis in ADMIXTURE and can be performed by invoking the option -P ( For the unsupervised analysis, we filtered our reference set to ***exclude*** samples with Asian and/or European ancestry.
Shringarpure, et al. 2016 ). Supervised analysis is not recommended if there are ancestries missing from the panel of predefined allele frequencies.”
----------------

xyyman comment: They refuse to do a direct comparison with Europeans doing an **unsupervised** analysis which I have been calling for for years to resolve this. Lol! Phew! Lol! I give up! Ha! HA!

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
They just can’t help themselves. “semi-supervised”? WTF is that?
Quote:
” Table S2. Ancestral composition of the reference pseudo-samples used in the semi-supervised clustering analysis.”

He is trying to make a name for himself. Henn and Eva Gonzalez did the same. Then they capitulate. Eva - 50% African lineage in prehistoric Iberia. African lineage in 8kyo Farmers in Levant...They all do it then fall in line.

Whole-Genome-Sequence-Based Haplotypes Reveal Single Origin of the Sickle Allele during the Holocene Wet Phase - Daniel Shriner1

No need to "TRUST" him??!! He will fall in line. Maybe in this paper. Let's see....

I'm not starting a relationship with the man... when I say trust I mean "worth the read," based on the methods and format. I have no reason to be paranoid, cuz I actually understand what I read and reread. I'm tryna get you on my level [Wink] but I guess they were right when they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
more supervised/data manipulation. They just can't help themselves.

At least they call a spade a spade. Say when they are cheating...SMH

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Yes, they (An African and the first researcher to openly report Natufian SSA ancestry in a scientific article) are out to suppress the truth about African genomics. [Roll Eyes]

...At least pretend you know what you're talking about sometimes mane lol.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy shit... Good find.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
I guess they were right when they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Old Dogs don't do 💩 lessn u pay us 1st 🤑

Hmm no emoticons that look like me
but Poop got that buck eye melon lips thing goin on.

On the for real side I have the African researchers and
Shriners 2016 supplements where they over tax Treemix
but convincingly interpolate even a 7 migrations tree with
male uniparental HGs. And they give enough f-stat math to
make David Blackwell or even Ramanujan kn**.

Haven't read Shriner & Rotimi's work with Ms Baker.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our results indicate that west Eurasian ancestry in eastern Africa is more precisely the Arabian parent of Cushitic ancestry.

Huh? So they use ancestry in place of relationship then instead of relationship they use parent for Arabian? An African Researcher wrote that?

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Arabian component being the ancestor is based on some literal reading of TreeMix and half-assed uniparental stuff. it is all Wednesday afternoon blogpost level of analysis AFAICT.

actually their Cushitic component is closest to their Berber component. but i got lambasted for proposing North African origin of Cushitic ancestry lol

Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
Our results indicate that west Eurasian ancestry in eastern Africa is more precisely the Arabian parent of Cushitic ancestry.

Huh? So they use ancestry in place of relationship then instead of relationship they use parent for Arabian? An African Researcher wrote that?

I'm tired from a very long day and hope I am reading this right. But are they saying that the Eurasian admixture in Cushites is not Levantine but instead Arabian?
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com