EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Black skins, white skulls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black skins, white skulls
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody got the rest of this?

-

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there link to whatever you were trying to post? As nothing is shown on this thread.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's exactly what I'm asking for,
a free link to the remaining pages.

It looks promising but at $2 a page
I'd rather put that $50 toward another
bottle of Smith & Cross.

EDIT @ Xyyman
Thx 4/t add-on.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just downloaded it, Can't disclose source. Did that before and sources were extinguished...Will try to load via ESR or some other means.

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"I have not found much
evidence that Cuvier had a significant impact on the discussion until much later,
although already in 1821 Thomas Edward Bowdich, using the resources of Cuvier’s
personal library and his own direct knowledge of the Ashantis, wrote An Essay on the
Superstitions, Customs, and Arts, Common to the Ancient Egyptians, Abyssinians, and Ashantees, in
which he argued that Egyptian civilization was diffused via Ethiopia **to the West Coast
of Africa.**
Bowdich thereby reversed the widespread belief of the time that Egypt had
received its civilization from Ethiopia. However, Bowdich’s argument seems to have
had little impact, although a similar thesis was established independently some twenty
years later. Bowdich’s observation that he found among the higher class of Ashantis the
aquiline nose and thin lips of the modern Copts and ancient Egyptians also failed to
attract attention.32
parallax"

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Is he saying the IE language is of African Origin?

-

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Nice find Sage.

So it was a concerted effort by Europeans to deny Ancient Egypt as African back in the 18th Century. They knew all along ancient Egyptians were indigenous Africans.

Also they needed to make even Greece and Rome "European" to sell their new found dominance.

-

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
wow! All these European travelers and authors knew Ancient Egypt was African and they were unsure of Greece and Rome.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
So DNATribes was not the only one who thought the Ancient Egyptians was from Southern Africa...Botswana Malawi? Mouth of the Great Lakes. That idea had been floated about by European authors since the 1800's

Again..nice find Sage

-

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
So the plan in the 1800s was to transform Ancient Egypt to white or European. Seen by German and British authors.

Because of the current condition/slavery of the "Negro" ....they removed AE from Africa.

They also knew Europeans are depigmented Africans...and here I thought I was the only one. lol!

So the "genuine" Ethiopian are Negros and also the Indus Valley Civilization was Negro.

I am shocked we are still debating this issues.

Sergi wasn't the only one. This has been common knowledge since the 1800's

-

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for the snippets, Mensa.

I came across the OP article by accident.
Only could read that first page but
realized it had the potential to
succinctly chronicle how
AE and the Children of Ham
were to be removed from the blackness
which was theirs before Napoleon's
expedition and the invention of
anthropology.

It's good to know what you find
intresting but since only you
have access you should post
without markup that focuses
readers in a particular
direction before they can
read and develop their own
points of focus.

--------------------

Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definitely like to read more of this text.

Xyyman the first image you posted is slightly blurry

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert L. Bernasconi

Robert L. Bernasconi (born 1950) is Edwin Erle Sparks Professor of Philosophy at Pennsylvania State University. He is well known as a reader of Martin Heidegger and Emmanuel Levinas, and for his work on the concept of race. He has also written on the history of philosophy

Selected articles on Race:

"Who Invented the Concept of Race? Kant's Role in the Enlightenment Construction of Race," in Bernasconi (ed.), Race (2001): 11–36.

"Race, Culture, History," in The Philosophy of Race, ed. Paul C. Taylor (New York: Routledge, 2012), 41-56.

"Crossed Lines in the Racialization Process: Race as a Border Concept," Research in Phenomenology 42 (2012): 206–28.

"The Policing of Race Mixing: The Place of Biopower within the History of Racisms," Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 7 (2010): 205–16.

"Race and Earth in Heidegger's Thinking During the Late 1930s," Southern Journal of Philosophy 48 (2010): 49–66.

"Can Race be Thought in Terms of Facticity: A Reconsideration of Sartre's and Fanon's Existential Theories of Race," in François Raffoul & Eric Sean Nelson, Rethinking Facticity (Albany: State University of New York Press, 2008).

"Black Skin, White Skulls: The Nineteenth Century Debate over the Racial Identity of the Ancient Egyptians," Parallax 13 (2007): 6–20.

"'Y'all don't hear me now': On Lorenzo Simpson's The Unfinished Project," Philosophy and Social Criticism 33 (2007): 289–99.

"The Contradictions of Racism: Locke, Slavery, and the Two Treatises," in Andrew Valls (ed.), Race and Racism in Modern Philosophy (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2005): 89–107. With Anika Maaza Mann.

"The Ghetto and Race," in David Theo Goldberg & John Solomos (eds.), A Companion to Racial and Ethnic Studies (Oxford: Blackwell, 2002): 340–48.

"The Invisibility of Racial Minorities in the Public Realm of Appearances," in Kevin Thompson & Lester Embree (eds.), Phenomenology of the Political (Netherlands: Kluwer, 2000): 169–87.

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Europeans are depigmented Africans...and here I thought I was the only one. lol!

So who has more North African ancestry, Europeans or a West Africans?

Would it be correct to say that the ancient Egyptians are less related to North Africans than Europeans are?

No funny stuff please I want straight answers to each of these questions. The first is an either or choice and the second is a yes or no , thank you

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please let's not cover up the subject.

The subject is AE going from black to something
other in the European worldview since the birth
of anthropology race science.

Thx

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I will correct it soon. I will post more pages also
quote:
Originally posted by Punos_Rey:
I would definitely like to read more of this text.

Xyyman the first image you posted is slightly blurry

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I don't see your point. I am not the only one.

DNATribes suggested AEians were closest to South Africans. Some here gaffed. Here it is since the 1800's this idea has been floated around. We were thinking Khoi-San but we are now seeing they are more closer to people of Botswana and Malawi....in Southern Africa.

You are asking the wrong question. It is not who has more "north African" ancestry but where North Africa or Neolithic ancestry originated.

We are now seeing it is most likely the mouth of the Great Lakes of Africa. Tanzania, Malawi, Botswana etc. I knew when I read the preamble to Malawi-Hora before the full study came it it would be revealing. When I discussed the LSA skull being Mediterranean with Cass/Dead I knew I was unto something but I never in my wildest dreams dream it would shatter all previous pre-conceived notions. Sudan, and the upper Nile were just recipients of the labeled "North African" genes.

Isolation by Distance.

Anyways. I will post more pages in a few.

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Europeans are depigmented Africans...and here I thought I was the only one. lol!

So who has more North African ancestry, Europeans or a West Africans?

Would it be correct to say that the ancient Egyptians are less related to North Africans than Europeans are?

No funny stuff please I want straight answers to each of these questions. The first is an either or choice and the second is a yes or no , thank you

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

^ there are plenty places to further discuss ongoing opinions about whatever the wind blows.

Let's stick to Bernasconi and the
concept of black skinned anthropological whites
when it comes to the Nile Valley please.

= - =

I bought and read the issue of Black Scholar
covering Africa and Diaspora considering Pan
African possibility for each region.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/i40047663?refreqid=excelsior%3A4bfd315634898503dc272ea5b1b132bb
well worth clicking

In the classified section was an offering for
a broadside examining the role of European
ethnocentricism in the historiography of
the Nile Valley.
http://www.jstor.org/stable/41066553 ad AT LAST

I ordered from the student union bookshop
which went through hoops to track it down.
Finally I received the one sided double
spaced hand typed work

Black Manhood
by
Tarharka

Annapolis: Del Mehari Inc, 1974

But there was no mistake. In 10 chapters
the first and only thing of its kind in
English and different than Diop's African
Origin
dropped earlier that year.

Now this Bernasconi essay looks like
a succinct analysis that like Phaon
Goldman (Tarharka) doesn't go 'Doc
Ben' on the subject. Still doesn't
look worth my $50 but worth travel
to an institute with access to
Shibboleth or OpenAthens

Meanwhile a little 6 pager on eugenics and Egyptology

Samuel Tristan
The Elephant in the Room: Confronting Petrie's Racism
http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/eras/files/2015/01/Eras-162-07-Samuels-Review-Essay1.pdf

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
working on better quality screen shots

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
 -
 -

-

-

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo man
Xyyman
U d yoeman

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Bernasconi doesn't counter the "white skull" argument on a scientific level.
He suggests people espousing it had racially biased motives

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
This is the kicker.....

So there you have it. Acknowledgement that the Ancient Egyptians were Negros. It was an accepted FACT until the 1800s after which a concerted effort was made to subjugate Africans by denying the Africaness of the AEians and place the AEians as Europeans.

Today in the age of genetics this mind disenfranchisement and control still continues by data manipulation and labeling of "Eurasian" when "Eurasian" particular Neolithic genes originated in the Botswana/Malawi region of Africa. Skoglund and Reich knows that is why their papers are presented with deception.

-

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Page numbering is a little off. But you got the idea....

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Yo man
Xyyman
U d yoeman

--------------------

Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you post the page that comes after the line "Lawrence thought it would be hard to explain how negroes on the basis of their present condition could have in remotest antiquity provided such progress in..."

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Oh! those of you should remember.....MelaninKing/Namerthoth(or someone) posted about 10GB of metadata.I am not sure where he got it but it has loads of old papers. Too much data . lol! That was about 8years ago. Most were from JSTOR. Get on it!!!!

JSTOR is a digital library founded in 1995. Originally containing digitized back issues of academic journals, it now also includes books and primary sources, and current issues of journals. It provides full-text searches of almost 2,000 journals.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Punos_Rey:
Can you post the page that comes after the line "Lawrence thought it would be hard to explain how negroes on the basis of their present condition could have in remotest antiquity provided such progress in..."

-
 -

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
https://archive.org/details/narrative_of_the_operations_and_recent_discoveries_with_librivox

https://archive.org/details/narrativeofopera00belz

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com