EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Hypocrisy in use of labels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Hypocrisy in use of labels
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its downright funny how people in here are saying that I must have some kind of Afrocentric agenda for saying that mixture that comes from the Central and Eastern Sahara should be called "Saharan," yet when Tishkoff and Keita use those terms instead of saying North African they don't call them Afrocentrists. The Saharan area isn't restricted to North Africa only as it runs through countries labeled as "sub-Saharan" countries.

The other contradiction is this.....Somalia and Ethiopia, in fact the Horn of Africa proper is in sub-Saharan Africa, yet these same people crying foul about my use of the term "Saharan" still call the Horn of Africa "East African" to distinguish it from West Africa when they talk about genetics and treat only West/West Central Africa as the only real "sub-Saharan" Africans. Its clear that when you guys are talking about "sub-Saharan" Africa that you are not talking about the Eastern part of sub-Saharan/Horn of Africa and you know it.

In short, some of you are acting petty as hell over the use of these terms, setting up strawmen to knock down, and accusing people of making claims they did not make, all because your dumbasses want to look objective to certain people and not like so called extremist Afrocentrists. I could snap back and say you guys are acting like idiot Eurocentrists who believe in the Hamitic Hypothesis since I feel a lot of new genetic studies are bringing back that hypothesis in a round about way, but nah, I don't resort to that.

Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right that the Horn of Africa is Sub-Sahara. People like to use the term "East Africa", to reintroduce the Hamitic concept for East Africans.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com