EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Southern Africa 6200BCE to now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Southern Africa 6200BCE to now
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From elMaestro's African Variance including aDNA K=13 ADMIXTURE graph w/o Taforalt and Abusir

-
 -

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume Holocene Malawi is what Skoglund labeled Malawi_Hora-8100BP?

Interesting that the Nuba component was in Malawi during the Holocene. More interesting is that the Pemba component increased in Malawi and Southern Africa to the present day populations but the component already existed in Holocene Malawi.

All said Malawi seems to be extremely diverse during the Holocene.

Why isn’t West Africans, YRI, Mende etc included? Kasem?

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All 13 appear in Southern Africa at some time or other.

In time San and Khoe give way to A&B East African
signals but persist nonetheless. 'Nuba' (repping
NigerCongoKordofanian & NiloSaharan), never
more than 20% is there since the Holocene. The
very young yellow West African signal is in all the
moderns. Suprisingly to me most strongest in Herero.

Generic West Eurasian makes a good showing,
especially 6000BP Malawi. Atlantic West African
is in all the moderns but only in Holocene and
2500BP Malawi. Original died out, new came in
with White Volta element? The Bataheen peaking
signal is with historic majority San pops.

The remaining 4 signals are weak. Only Mota
and Anatolia show in the ancients. Anatoli is
alongside Bataheen in modern San. Fula
and Amazigh signals are in all moderns
except no Amazigh for !Xun.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct me but it looks like there was a “shift” in population ie genes in Malawi from the LSA to the present. There was a dramatic increase Pemba and Chonyi component. But these components already existed during the Late Stone Age in Malawi
Also it looks like the South African “base” component(Blue) is best represented in the Karajet, Khoi and Nama which is distinctive from !Xun and Hererro

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
ElMaestro. I am curious, why was Kasem chosen instead or YRI or Mende? Is Kasem..YRI. If I understand correctly Kassem is Ghana. First I have seen them used in a study

The Kasem component is very insignificant in the moderns South Africans except …yes….the Herero. IBD Or replacement? Since the Herero people is South West Africa(Namibia) and the Kasem are West African. This may be a remnant marker?!

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, So I ran the dataset with Taforalt and I must say... It looks messy, I might need to rebuild the whole dataset and try to broaden the SNP count. I will post when I can.

I believe I left out pops like Hadza YRI and Mende to try to find secrets in their absence.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You are really passive aggressive aren't you.

"I *believe* I left out pops like ........"

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com