EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Egyptian statue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian statue
Jorn..
Member # 23141

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jorn..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think original?
If so how old is it and how Much is it worth
Get the dimensions forwarded tonight

According to the seller, it is a ushabi

Sorry for my bad englisch

Go to marktplaats and than Search: Ushabti egypte
Sorry for that i don’t now how to Ad pictures
So if you whant to search that you can see the pictures

Posts: 6 | From: The netherlands | Registered: Oct 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a picture of the statue handy?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorn..
Member # 23141

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jorn..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can i Ad a picture?
Posts: 6 | From: The netherlands | Registered: Oct 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorn..
Member # 23141

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jorn..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannohotep:

But how can i Ad pictures?
Jorn..
Member # 23141

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannohotep:

Here
https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/antiek-en-kunst/antiek-overige/m1470741292-ushabti-egypte.html?c=08c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

Can you do something whith this?

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jorn..:
How can i Ad a picture?

1) Right-click the image, and there should appear a menu with the option "Copy image address". Click this to obtain a link to the image.

2) Paste this link between the tags [IMG] and [/IMG], with no spaces between. It should look something like this.

code:
[img]https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFg3NTA=/z/9zoAAOSwURhdquXR/$_84.JPG[/img]

As for the shabti you linked to, I'm afraid I am not qualified to assess its authenticity. Another poster might be able to help you with that though.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorn..
Member # 23141

Rate Member
Who can help me?
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beware of antiquities dealers, especially if they don't own a store or are otherwise not stable.
quote:
If you happen upon someone calling himself an art or antiquities dealer and he is selling artwork out of his car or home or online you should be very reluctant to move forward with this person. In fact chances are that you are about to get scammed. Whoever you meet should offer you their license as well as a detailed history of the piece of art that you were looking to purchase.

In the case of Egyptian artifacts, they must each have a clear chain of ownership that is complete and that leads directly to the hands of the person selling it.

If the person you are talking with cannot produce this paperwork, chances are you are not purchasing an authentic article.

Some pages to check

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/antiquities-sold-online-fake-1135832

http://www.collector-antiquities.com/collectors-resources/collector-essentials/buying-antiquities/buying-antiquities-on-ebay.html

30 years ago I bought a Shekel of Tyre, to use as a wedding coin, from Sadigh in NYC. Was it really authentic? Maybe, maybe not. Sadigh gives certificate of authenticity. But even museums sometimes can't tell. Sadigh will buy back
quote:
We additionally offer a convenient return privilege: You can return an artifact for any reason and receive a complete refund.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorn..
Member # 23141

Rate Member
But nobody can say if they are original or not

They are 15 and 13,5 cm high

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com