EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Holocene Malawi 6200 BCE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holocene Malawi 6200 BCE
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hora Woman lived during the West African Monsoon maximum. Vegetation then
 -

From el Maestro's African Variance ADMIXTURE graph.

-

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"OOA" DNA in LSA 8000BC!!

funny! Mota has no OOA
 -

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might've jumped the gun... a new graph w/ taforalt qnd maybe even the abusir mummies (if coverage isn't t bad after merging datasets) is on the way.

Xyyman.. you keep pointing out the same thing on everygraph but you never really elaborate on why you think those Eurasian signals are important.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8200 BP monsoon maximum Malawi aDNA shows there was
6-way African substructure in southeast Africa at that time.

• Khoe
• San
• Nuba (ie, joint NigerCongoKordofanian & NiloSaharan)
• Atlantic West African
• East African A (long before any proposed 'Bantu')
• East African 'Mota' (almost 4000 years before Mota).

Also, there are 2 supposed outside Africa elements
• West Eurasian in general
• Anatoli in particular.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice...
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
maybe even the abusir mummies (if coverage isn't t bad after merging datasets) is on the way.

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
LuxManda was the distraction .....appetizer. The main course is LSA Malawi_Hora_8200BP. Again Europeans outthinking themselves

quote:
[q]

Xyyman.. ... elaborate on why you think those Eurasian signals are important. [/q]

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
[q] 8200 BP monsoon maximum Malawi aDNA shows there was
6-way African substructure in southeast Africa at that time.

• Khoe
• San
• Nuba (ie, joint NigerCongoKordofanian & NiloSaharan)
• Atlantic West African
• East African A (long before any proposed 'Bantu')
• East African 'Mota' (almost 4000 years before Mota).

Also, there are 2 supposed outside Africa elements
• West Eurasian in general
Anatoli in particular. [/q]

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Hey
U make em
&
I'll break em

BTW Your Natufian shows a minor Amazigh
element besides minor San and Mota ones.
It's major African component peaks in
Bataheen, runs throughout North and East
Africa and the Levant. Luxmanda got it too.

To economize a run with room for new pops
you could pool Nankam and Kasem or leave
them out. Akans and Mossi, as White Volta
River nodes, cover the middle.

Kauma and Chonyi (East African B) can jump
in a pool. Or maybe Giriama can fill in for
them with Kambe covering the loss of late
migrant 'White Volta' yellow ('Bantu'?).

Even with suggested trimmings your run is
robust with the new Taforalt and Abusir.
Personally I think Oman you might consider
adding Oman, the best bang for the buck
southeast 'West Eurasian'.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

That's 6000BCE. 8000BP.

But yes. Amazing. Non-specific West Eurasian
is way way down in Malawi just when the Cardium
and contemporary cultures were beginning in
Europe. What is it, really?

I could cut Anatoli some slack. Intrepid
explorers leave Çatal Höyük by the 1000
in search of the source of the Nile all
the way to the southernmost Great Lake,
3800 miles / 8100 kilometres from Turkey?

Ain't got the foggiest what these
Eurasian signals represent. I mean
nothing from archaeology, linguistics,
or what not pops out in my mind.

If Anatoli shows up in Taforalt I'll shhhh

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The san signal in the natufian samples is way to minuscule to make inferences, other than that, there isn't much that hasn't been seen in other studies using he right aDNA samples... particularly NA signals in Natufian and Luxmanda. (Shriner, sheuneman, Fregel.)

Secondly being mindful that we're fitting old populations with modern ones I feel that the Malawi specimen might be highlighting substructure among the San-HG as well as showing remnants of shared ancestry in representative pops. The Holocene Hora is fitted best as Mota x South African 2000bp.

Eurasian signals can be two things ...Mt R0a linked or residual OOA-like components initially more wide spread in Africa thousands of years ago.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
"Xyyman.. you keep pointing out the same thing on everygraph but you never really elaborate on why you think those Eurasian signals are important."

quote:
[Q]I feel that the Malawi specimen might be highlighting substructure among the San-HG as well as showing REMNANTS of shared ancestry in representative pops. The Holocene Hora is fitted best as Mota x South African 2000bp.

Eurasian signals can be two things ...Mt R0a linked or residual OOA-like components initially more wide spread in Africa thousands of years ago. [/QB]

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I love it when you ask and answer your own question......

anyways...

This looks promising over TreeMix…

Geographic population structure analysis of worldwide human populations infers their biogeographical origins
Eran Elhaik, Tatiana Tatarinova[…]The Genographic Consortium
The search for a method that utilizes biological information to predict humans’ place of origin has occupied scientists for millennia. Over the past four decades, scientists have employed genetic data in an effort to achieve this goal but with limited success. While biogeographical algorithms using next-generation sequencing data have achieved an accuracy of 700 km in Europe, they were inaccurate elsewhere. Here we describe the Geographic Population Structure (GPS) algorithm and demonstrate its accuracy with three data sets using 40,000–130,000 SNPs. GPS placed 83% of worldwide individuals in their country of origin. Applied to over 200 Sardinians villagers, GPS placed a quarter of them in their villages and most of the rest within 50 km of their villages. GPS’s accuracy and power to infer the biogeography of worldwide individuals down to their country or, in some cases, village, of origin, underscores the promise of admixture-based methods for biogeography and has ramifications for genetic ancestry testing.
----

GPS availability
Data, GPS R code and GPS on-line calculator are available on http://chcb.saban-chla.usc.edu/gps/. GPS code can be found in the Supplementary Note. SPA’s code for Linux was obtained from the author’s website: http://genetics.cs.ucla.edu/spa/binary/linux.zip.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Sorry buy your flat graph is clear.

Holocene Malawi is as laid out in my 2nd post.

Pluralities: Khoe (30%) with the near same
amount of San (29%). 'Nuba' at (20%) is the
next substantial part. Atlantic West Africa
(8%) and East Africa A (6.5%) are substantial
minorities. Even either of the 'Eurasian'
contributions (4%; 2.6%) are at like twice
that of Mota (1.7%).

How can the one least significant
African element be one of the best
fits for Holocene Malawi?

Accept the results of your own handiwork.

In a sort by K and ranked by region,
Malawi aDNA naturally clusters with
other Southern Africans south of 10°S.

And why is 1.3% San "too miniscule to
make inferences" but 1.7% Mota is OK?
Consistency?!?

I will continue analyzing your graph
as best I can on its own merits and
leave any a prioris out the picture
when I catch 'em creeping.

quote:

The san signal in the natufian samples is way to minuscule to make inferences, other than that, there isn't much that hasn't been seen in other studies using he right aDNA samples... particularly NA signals in Natufian and Luxmanda. (Shriner, sheuneman, Fregel.)

Secondly being mindful that we're fitting old populations with modern ones I feel that [url=]the Malawi specimen might be highlighting substructure among the San-HG as well as showing remnants of shared ancestry in representative pops[/url].

The Holocene Hora is fitted best as Mota x South African 2000bp.

Eurasian signals can be two things ...
• Mt R0a linked or
• residual OOA-like components initially more wide spread in Africa thousands of years ago.

The latter is most plausible to me. Why?
Consider Green Sahara Fula Amazigh signals.
A no-show in the only available Holocene Malawi
sample. No Malawi aDNA got 'em. All majority San
modern pops do.

I want to open different posts for focus
of different Ks, regions, questions, proposals,
themes, etc., but is that too orderly for ES, to
stay on topic in a thread? Lol.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Isolation By Distance...IBD

"Ain't got the foggiest what these
Eurasian signals represent
. I mean
nothing from archaeology, linguistics,
or what not pops out in my mind.

If Anatoli shows up in Taforalt I'll shhhh"

IBD. Increase of Mesoamerica or native American ancestry (blue component) with increasing distance from Africa. Let me guess “does that blue component in Africa mean anything”?. If I am a betting man my money is on Native American back-migrating to Africa several thousand years ago….wink! wink!.

IBD brother! IBD!

-

-

-

See that AKA-MButi component in Melanesians? IBD Brother! IBD! Mbuti did not migrate to the Papuan Islands.

-

--------------------

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

funny! Mota has no OOA
 -

Seems like people are all over the place on how much Neanderthal Mota had
https://www.nature.com/news/error-found-in-study-of-first-ancient-african-genome-1.19258

quote:
The error also undermines the paper’s original conclusion that many Africans carry Neanderthal DNA (inherited from Eurasians whose ancestors had interbred with the group

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ that explains why the Mende woman had the native American haplogroup.
Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

OFF TOPIC REQUEST

Forty2Tribes

What report is that?
Looking into the legend of Quetzalcoatl
sailing to the east. The Mende woman
with an American Hg, maybe she attests
to a successful landing? The old default'd
be Americans enslaved and shipped to Iberia.
Maybe something in microsatellite variation
or minor mutations can help date that Mende
American mtDNA? 'Quezalcoatl' example may
afford an American self-agency alternative.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com