EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Garfield (Dagger Squad) & Shaka (Maatforever) on Kemet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Garfield (Dagger Squad) & Shaka (Maatforever) on Kemet
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garfield (Dagger Squad) & Shaka (Maatforever)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2-rNCxHE0

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
​Thank you for sharing. I'm going through his channel. Not many people speaking on the topic of Egyptian hieroglyphics. Maybe I'll learn a bit of something.

. [Cool]

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
>>>>>>Jabari Osaze: Confronting The Attacks On The Legacy Of Ancient Kemet<<<<<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBmNePYVX4

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting so far. They are discussing how the African diaspora is related to Egypt. After a video on black Jesus I'm going to demonstrate how African Americans are more related to modern Egyptians than European Americans are and to what extent.
Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Forty2Tribes:
I'm going to demonstrate how African Americans are more related to modern Egyptians than European Americans are and to what extent.

What's the point? Are Europeans running around saying they are related to modern Egyptians?
Then on top of this it's the Europeans living in America specifically claiming this?

Question: what are the top 2 most common maternal haplogroups in modern Egypt today?

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
​Thank you for sharing. I'm going through his channel. Not many people speaking on the topic of Egyptian hieroglyphics. Maybe I'll learn a bit of something.

. [Cool]

http://www.afrostyly.com/images/medu.jpg

^^ might be worth doing an hour

also on his channel the search within his channel he uses "Hieroglyphs" in some videos and others, the spelling "Medu Netcher"

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:

. [Cool]

at his youtube page if you use the internal search on his videos for the key word "learning"
and in separate searches "hieroglyph" or
"Medu Netcher"
most of the related stuff comes up.
I don't know if he still has the $10 an hour private lesson offer

also this channel:
Voices of Ancient Egypt

it's all AE language videos

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
I'm going to demonstrate how African Americans are more related to modern Egyptians than European Americans are and to what extent.

What's the point? Are Europeans running around saying they are related to modern Egyptians?
Then on top of this it's the Europeans living in America specifically claiming this?

Question: what are the top 2 most common maternal haplogroups in modern Egypt today?

"Whats the point?" Did you hear Garfield ask Shaka? I'm answering the question.

Are Europeans running around saying they are related to modern Egyptians?

Between the reporting of the Abu Sir test, the way dnaland puts Egypt in West Eurasia and white washed movies, I would say yeah pretty much or close enough.

"Then on top of this it's the Europeans living in America specifically claiming this?"

Yeah. They are more likely to claim that African Americans are not related at all and any suggestion is venturing into We wuz Kangs territory then they draw us up either a monkey,  -
 - Someone with down syndrome or a Barbosa
 -

"what are the top 2 most common maternal haplogroups in modern Egypt today?"
Good question. I would guess M1 and J.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

So you're ready to make a video on this but you're guessing about this?
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

You know damn well how insignificant haplogroups are in this equation. Or maybe you don't. I'll explain why in the video.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

quote:
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

You know damn well how insignificant haplogroups are in this equation. Or maybe you don't. I'll explain why in the video.

so is DNA insignificant generally determining who is related to a population ?
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
so is DNA insignificant generally determining who is related to a population ? [/QB]

Ancestry test demonstrate that the African in African Americans is genetically closer to modern Egypt and even the Levant than the European in European Americans. Its really telling when I compare myself to African Americans who are more African than me.

The only thing haplogroups tell us is that this admixture was younger than the age of haplogroups. If it wasn't, Europeans would be closer. I checked my guesses and I missed twice. H and L are the most common. I thought H was more West African and didn't know L was the leader. But L is only like 20% and M1 is only like 8 to 15. Origin aside, at least 65% of Egypt's haplogroups are more common in Europe than Africa so it seems this Afro-American/Nile sex is younger than the average age of their haplogroups.

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
I got a question for you Lioness.

-

These ole Taforalt PCA clusters Abu-Sir or modern Egyptians (don't even know which they have) closer to European Americans. Ancestry test cluster them closer to African Americans. Why?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
I got a question for you Lioness.

-

These ole Taforalt PCA clusters Abu-Sir or modern Egyptians (don't even know which they have) closer to European Americans. Ancestry test cluster them closer to African Americans. Why?

-

Haplogroups don't explain everything but they are a start. So first find out what haplogroups the Taforalt had (above) then look up the distribution of each

E1b1b

E1b1b North Africa and the Horn of Africa

U6

Haplogroup U6 was dated to between 31,000 and 43,000 years ago by Behar et al. (2012). Basal U6* was found in a Romanian specimen of ancient DNA (Peștera Muierilor) dated to 35,000 years ago.[50] Hervella et al. (2016) take this find as evidence for Paleolithic back-migration of Homo sapiens from Eurasia into Africa. The discovery of basal U6* in ancient DNA contributed to setting back the estimated age of U6 to around 46,000 years ago
Haplogroup U6 is common (with a prevalence of around 10%)[30] in Northwest Africa (with a maximum of 29% in an Algerian Mozabites[52]) and the Canary Islands (18% on average with a peak frequency of 50.1% in La Gomera). It is also found in the Iberian peninsula, where it has the highest diversity (10 out of 19 sublineages are only found in this region and not in Africa),[53] Northeast Africa and occasionally in other locations. U6 is also found at low frequencies in the Chad Basin, including the rare Canarian branch. This suggests that the ancient U6 clade bearers may have inhabited or passed through the Chad Basin on their way westward toward the Canary Islands.[54]

U6 is thought to have entered North Africa from Eurasia around 30,000 years ago. It's highest diversity is in Iberia but highest frequencies in berbers in NA

Another theory is that U6 originated in North Africa. However it's ancestor haplogroup U is regarded as Eurasian

In other words a haplogroup starts out U or E.
When there is a number after either that is a later version. That later version could have evolved in another continent but it's ancestor being in a different continent

Once there was only E
later it split. E is regarded as having originated in Africa.
R on the other hand is regarded to have originated on Eurasia. That is based on finding the oldest remains with R there as well as more diversity. Then there is a later branch R-V88.
That is considered to be R people who came into Africa from outside of Africa into Africa and then a version of R came about that was an African version. However R is just an example here we are talking about E and U clades

-

So we start with E

later it mutates into splits of E1 and E2
then on the E1 side it evolves, mutates later to the split E1a and E1b

West Africans are heavily E1a and thus so are AAs

but

E1b is prominent in North Africa and the horn, berbers are an example and it is also the most prominent clade of Arabs (however their most frequent maternal clade is R0 believed to be of middle Eastern origin and not to be confused with
YDNA R which is completely different just uses the same letter)

So some North Africans have migrated up into Europe and mixed with Europeans that's what's showing on that PCA chart

(E1b1b also known as E-M215 and E3b )

On the maternal side West Africans are predominantly haplogroup L as are AAs

In Africa U6 is mainly associated with North African berbers (although they have other clades also depending on which berbers)

Here's a random example to ponder.
Suppose an African American (most are about 20% European), suppose there's a French ancestor

So theoretically this particular African American could look as dark and African as the average black person in America and at the same time be more French than some random Norwegian person who had no French ancestry.
So this works in the reverse. Some European might have 5% African ancestry in some particular region of Africa and this 5% could be more than some African person is some other part of Africa. Africa being huge and diverse

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
 -

That doesn't answer the question.

I'll add some context.

DNA Tribes SNP test with modern Egypt, DNA Tribes STR test with Armana, Gedmatches' PuntDNAL wht_Nile_River, DnaLand's Levant/Egypt/Arabia, and Homedna's GPS Test's Nile Valley and Levant populations are all stronger with African Americans than European Americans.

HowEva in those PCA charts European Americans would be closer to modern Egyptians, Ancient Egyptians and Levant folk than African Americans. Why the difference?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
You asked about Taforalt
DNA Tribes was a private testing company, selling kits at the end of all their reports
They used their own methodology called MLI (Match likelihood) and since the numbers were not percentages, they were not that useful.

You can find some old DNA Tribes digest reports by typing this in google with the quotes>

"dna Tribes" digest pdf

or

"dna Tribes" pdf

I will not discuss DNA Tribes unless they are quoted in full sentences, three or more in a row
or screen shots and all with URL link

As for modern Egyptians I don't know if they covered modern Egyptians
I am pretty sure they did not cover Taforalt

Look at a map. Africa is huge. Look at the proximity to South Europe and the Levant of North Africa. Some Southern Europeans are more likely to have more common ancestry with North Africans than other Africans who are far away, for instance Khoi and San people are predominantly YDNA A and B
not even E. Yet there are plenty of E1b bearing Africans in North Africa, the horn,
Arabs and some Southern and Balkan Europeans.

Why? Because as I said before Africans had been going into Southern Europe and mixing with some of them

As for Egyptians they don't match exactly some of the berbers in Maghrebian North Africa. They are part of the Nile Valley river system and land bridge to Eurasia

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
You are boogying around the question. I'm asking why African Americans are closer to Egypt in ancestry test and European Americans are closer to Egypt in PCAs. I'm only using the Taforalt PCA as an example not the Taforalt population. I don't have ancestry test examples from Taforalt and my comparison is with African and European Americans to modern and ancient Egyptians not with North Moroccans.

Swenet noticed this in 2014.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008934;p=1

He kept quoting DnaTribes and Dnaconsultants. What do you wan't me to quote? What difference does it make that they were private? I'm seeing this with other ancestry test but I'm not seeing it with PCAs. The question is why? Why do PCAs give such different results than ancestry companies?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

He kept quoting DnaTribes and Dnaconsultants. What do you wan't me to quote? What difference does it make that they were private? I'm seeing this with other ancestry test but I'm not seeing it with PCAs. The question is why? Why do PCAs give such different results than ancestry companies? [/QB]

You haven't quoted anything.
Quoting is when you copy and paste complete sentences from a source, verbatim and name the source and copy and paste a URL link.
DNA Tribes and DNA Consultants don't use standard methodology and are not peer reviewed and when you don't use standard methodology you can't compare it to other sources.
If you measured something and said it was 2.6 feet I can take standard tool, a ruler that measures inches and see if this object is the length you said it is but if you have your own measurement tool and you don't tell us what it is it can't be checked other people.

You said modern Egyptians.
So ancient Egyptians don't qualify. So if you want to even refer to DNA Tribes at least quote full sentences from an article they wrote in regard to modern Egyptian DNA

or find some other article here that is a peer reviewed article:

https://scholar.google.com

Even if you had said compare to Ancient Egyptians
there are so few mummies that have been DNA tested that one can't make a broader statement about them at this point
-compared to articles on modern Egyptians where if you look in their Methodology section they would have larger samples sizes of a population where you can generalize more in the conclusions

You also posted a PCA chart without a link or article title it came from and here is a proper quote and source explaining it, that chart fig. 2
That PCA chart a visualization of the DNA data mentioned below

quote:

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/360/6388/548

Pleistocene North African genomes link Near Eastern and sub-Saharan African human populations
Loosdrecht1 2018

We analyzed the genetic affinities of the Taforalt individuals by performing principal components analysis and model-based clustering of worldwide data (Fig. 2). When projected onto the top principal components of African and west Eurasian populations, the Taforalt individuals form a distinct cluster in an intermediate position between present-day North Africans [e.g., Amazighes (Berbers), Mozabites, and Saharawis] and East Africans (e.g., Afars, Oromos, and Somalis) (Fig. 2A). Consistently, we find that all males with sufficient nuclear DNA preservation carry Y haplogroup E1b1b1a1 (M-78; table S16). This haplogroup occurs most frequently in present-day North and East African populations (18). The closely related E1b1b1b (M-123) haplogroup has been reported for Epipaleolithic Natufians and Pre-Pottery Neolithic Levantines (Levant_N) (16). Unsupervised genetic clustering also suggests a connection of Taforalt to the Near East. The three major components that make up the Taforalt genomes are maximized in early Holocene Levantines, East African hunter-gatherer Hadza from north-central Tanzania, and West Africans (number of genetic clusters K = 10; Fig. 2B). In contrast, present-day North Africans have smaller sub-Saharan African components with minimal Hadza-related contribution (Fig. 2B).

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
I'll slow it down.
Ancient Egyptians:
1. DNA Tribes Armana with STRs. You have already seen this I don't need to quote it.
2. DNA Tribes- Modern Egyptians SNPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJPxYD-niA&t=455s&ab_channel=HerHealthyHome
This person is 98% SSA. They are closer to modern Egyptians than I, and I am closer to them than eastern European.
https://pdf4pro.com/cdn/snpanalysisreportforeasterneuropeana-dna-tribes-3bb21f.pdf
3. DNA Consultants - Ancient Egyptians - STRs
 -
They profiled the most common STR in 3 mummies and all of them had this pattern with more hits in Africa and the diaspora.
4. Dnaland Modern Egypt
Small sample size. 3 Americans. The describe Ambiguous West Eurasian:
West Eurasian is a very general category containing Arab/Egyptian, Ashkenazi/Levantine, Central Asian, Northeast European, South Asian, South European, Northwest European, Southwestern European and Central Indoeuropean

1.80% African with 1.8 ambiguous west Eurasian
2. 64% African with 1.7 ambiguous west Eurasian
3. 1.4% African with 0 ambiguous west Eurasian

4. https://homedna.com/product/gps-origins-algorithm - Modernish Locations next to Egypt
- African Americans score higher in their Nile Valley and Levant ancestry.

-

European American
Levant 1.1
Nile Valley 0
Me
Nile Valley 4.5
Southern Levant 3.7
Wanna see? Ya need proof?

5. GedMatch, Puntdnal K15 - White Nile
1.70.78% West African 6.9% Wht_Nile_River
2. 53.89% West African 5.8% Wht_Nile_River
3. 0.63% West African 1.57% Wht_Nile_River

There are two more but one does something goofy and the other does something different.
Family Tree DNA says I'm 61% African and all 61% is West African but they say I'm 4% Sephardic.
Living DNA says I'm 68.5% African. 64.8 is West African 1.9 is South and 1.8 is East. Nothing in the Levant, no Sephardic and 0 North Africa but you can read about the people. Two West African tribes say they trace their history to the Sudan. The East African tribe says it traces its history to Egypt.

So again the question is why do we have this pattern?

5 DNA Test say that African Americans are closer to modern or ancient Egyptians than European Americans are. 1 test glitches out and turns African Americans into Israelites. Another honors the African substructure and increases the percentage of African and provides a narrative as to why you have more African. It doesn't take a brain to see this. FamilyTree DNA uses NatGeo's OoA bias database. Look what they did to Luhya.  -

DNATribes ranks far more populations so Egypt has to get a rank so there has to be an answer. GPS-Origins and PuntDnal focuses more on old ancestry. Speaking of old, watch this.

6. Watch the Ancient Near East
Gedmatch PuntDNAL - Ancient - K12 Ancient
Population
Sub-Saharan 1.28 Pct
Amerindian -
South_Asian 1.51 Pct
Near_East 1.29 Pct
Siberian -
European_HG 39.89 Pct
Caucasus_HG 19.65 Pct
South_African_HG -
Anatolian_NF 34.39 Pct
East_Asian -
Oceanian 0.6 Pct
Beringian 1.4 Pct
_______
Me
Sub-Saharan 59.73 Pct
Amerindian -
South_Asian 1.23 Pct
Near_East 1.49 Pct
Siberian -
European_HG 13.5 Pct
Caucasus_HG 5.95 Pct
South_African_HG 1.86 Pct
Anatolian_NF 14.63 Pct
East_Asian 0.71 Pct
Oceanian 0.9 Pct
Beringian -
South_Asian 0.41 Pct
Near_East 2.52 Pct
Siberian -
European_HG 5.16 Pct
Caucasus_HG 3.54 Pct
South_African_HG 1.45 Pct
Anatolian_NF 4.26 Pct
East_Asian -
Oceanian -
Beringian
______

Have a thought experiment and assume what I'm saying is accurate, This is 6 ancestry test. Then answer why PCAs are different. Cuz its not just from the Taforalt study
 -

https://www.frontiersin.org/files/Articles/532016/fgene-11-00608-HTML/image_m/fgene-11-00608-g001.jpg

Too big.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
"thuya gene" is not a particular gene. This is BS marketing by DNA consultants.
They are not providing the methodology to derive their visualization chart

quote:
They are closer to modern Egyptians than I, and I am closer to them than eastern European.

Why are you talking about Eastern Europeans now? What about Western Europeans?

You have 2 PCA charts here at the bottom, one a URL What article are they from? What is the title of the article? Is it from a good source or a crap source? Clicking the link does not go to the article just to the image.
Need proper quoting of a chart, name of article, URL link to the article and then list what illustration it is (fig 2) or "table 6" what ever it is

There are a bunch of private testing companies out there. Their goal is to sell you testing kits. So they come up with some ancient connection to a particular civilization or historical individual and then make a connection to you by dubious methodology.

Egypt is not only the Amarna or Abusir el-Meleq. Egypt is the Amarna and 3,000 years or more of history in various locations in Egypt.

As for the Amarna the most recent peer reviewed article was saying the males are of haplogroup R1b (except Yuya G2a). Thuya and other females being of haplogroup K
This is recent information and you are back in 2012

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
You trolling? Who gives a damn if they call STRs genes. Its still part of your GENEtics that measure ancestry and all of the GENES that dnaconsultants profiled were born and more frequent in Africa that is why when ran together they produced this:
 -

Which was substantiated by  -

and this
http://thetimetravelerreststop.blogspot.com/2012/12/

With Tuckler's work and anyone who plugs the STRS into http://cracs.fc.up.pt/~nf/popaffiliator2/ that makes 7 ancestry test where ancient or modern Egyptians are closer to African Americans than European Americans or African Americans who are more mixed with European Americans. I picked an eastern European because the distance are similar to the old samples that I remember when Tribes was in business. Regardless you still see the same pattern that you don't see with PCAs and since I'm close to 1/3 European American and I'm further away from modern Egypt than the person who had a similar but stronger African profile as I, you still have the same rule of European Americans being further away on ancestry test. This is Tribes with modern Egyptians and SNPs, Ancient Egyptians with STRS and two dynasties so no just Armana, Consultants because they were classy enough to profile the prominent STRs, PuntDNAL (modern and ancient), Dnaland and GPSAncestry. That is enough data to establish a pattern so I'll ask again. Why are ancestry test different from PCAs?

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Its still part of your GENEtics that measure ancestry and all of the GENES that dnaconsultants profiled were born and more frequent in Africa that is why when ran together they produced this:
 -

DNA consultants did not produce the above, will you get things straight please. That's DNA Tribes a completely different company
The numbers above are not useful, they are not percentages

quote:

-

^ this is the DNA consultants chart, according to them Thuya matches with green dots strongest.

Now look at where those green dots are and see if they coordinate in what is implied in the DNA Tribes chart above it

-as you look at these non peer reviewed testing companies charts

-rather than ignoring that and only dealing with the JAMA data, peer reviewed standardized data

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ 42T

Please feel free to use this Dec 2020 revised Thuya popstr chart anywhere you see fit.

-

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^ that is incomplete just covering Africa
and you haven't included the abbreviation key, most of that is not West Africa, if not all

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Forty2Tribes: Why are ancestry test different from PCAs?

The PCAs are done with multiple individuals and you are referring to just one individual.
Also you are generalizing "Africa".
You would have to specify the region of Africa.
A European could have some African admixture form a place in Africa a despite their being 8% African and you being 75% African they may have more African ancestry > of a particular region in Africa than you do within that 8%

Thuya is of mtDNA K

Haplogroup K appears in Central Europe, Southern Europe, Northern Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, South Asia and West Asia and in populations with such an ancestry.

It is not prominent in West Africa, where is Hg L is the dominant haplogroup

-And you cannot disregard these haplogroups because this is reflected in these PCAs you are looking at

-and your test is not fine tuned enough, at least what you have shown as per regions in Africa, whichever company this was, now there is a lot more data than 10 years ago and it depends on the company

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:

DNA consultants did not produce the above, will you get things straight please. That's DNA Tribes a completely different company
The numbers above are not useful, they are not percentages

I said the same genes produced it when they were ran together.
They also produced this.  -

Point being, theses are discerning markers when it comes to ancestry, most of them are more common with African Americans compared to European Americans so when ancestry companies profile them individually like Consultants did or together like Tribes and Tuckler did it produces the pattern I described above.

quote:
this is the DNA consultants chart, according to them Thuya matches with green dots strongest.

Now look at where those green dots are and see if they coordinate in what is implied in the DNA Tribes chart above it

Consultants selected one prominent and discerning STR for 3 ancient Egyptians.
Tut is a better example because they clue you in on which one.
https://dnaconsultants.com/king-tut-gene/
" Tutankhamun actually carries a “double dose” of the allele named for him."
Being inbred, Tut has multiple double doses. We can tell its not FGA 23 because FGA 23 is not that discerning.
 -
So it must be D18S51. 1 prominent STR is not the same as running all of them so I wouldn't expect the same results however you still have the same pattern.

quote:

-as you look at these non peer reviewed testing companies charts

-rather than ignoring that and only dealing with the JAMA data, peer reviewed standardized data

Tribes, Consultants and Tuckler used JAMA data. They did the opposite of ignoring it.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Consultants selected one prominent and discerning STR for 3 ancient Egyptians.
Tut is a better example because they clue you in on which one.
https://dnaconsultants.com/king-tut-gene/
" Tutankhamun actually carries a “double dose” of the allele named for him."
Being inbred, Tut has multiple double doses. We can tell its not FGA 23 because FGA 23 is not that discerning.
 -
So it must be D18S51. 1 prominent STR is not the same as running all of them so I wouldn't expect the same results however you still have the same pattern.

This allele D18S51, is found in different places in the world and no scientist calls it "The King Tut allele" , that is a gimmick to sell test kits
- and one allele alone is not determinative of ancestry.
A company can use legitimate primary data they got elsewhere an then in their interpretation be skewed

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
The PCAs are done with multiple individuals and you are referring to just one individual.

[Roll Eyes]
MOTA was used in the Taforalt PCA
At least you are starting to answer the question but so far no good.

quote:

Also you are generalizing "Africa".
You would have to specify the region of Africa.
A European could have some African admixture form a place in Africa a despite their being 8% African and you being 75% African they may have more African ancestry > of a particular region in Africa than you do within that 8%

I'm not generalizing Africa I'm generalizing ancestry test because I'm seeing a general pattern. Even when I didn't have a European American because Tribes is out of business I have a 1/3 European American in myself, an Eastern European and an African American that is more than 95% African. The 95% African is closer to Egypt in the SNP ancestry test than me and the eastern European. That fact alone is telling with how PCAs contradict it but I didn't stop there I brought more than five other test that show a similar pattern in a way that shows how ancestry test contradict PCAs.

quote:

Thuya is of mtDNA K

Haplogroup K appears in Central Europe, Southern Europe, Northern Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, South Asia and West Asia and in populations with such an ancestry.

It is not prominent in West Africa, where is Hg L is the dominant haplogroup

-And you cannot disregard these haplogroups because this is reflected in these PCAs you are looking at

-and your test is not fine tuned enough, at least what you have shown as per regions in Africa, whichever company this was, now there is a lot more data than 10 years ago and it depends on the company [/QB]

My guess wasn't that bad. I would have been close to the ratio of OoA haplogroups and everyone knows the common Y chromosome. I didn't disregard haplogroups. I had accepted that the Nile and the Horn were the source or close to the source of a lot of haplogroups that are more common outside of Africa than in.

I also knew about the PuntDNAL While Nile test. The European American who is only 1.4% Central/West African on most test is still 1.5% White Nile when compared to older populations. This was higher than any of the other African population. That is what you get from an abundance of shared haplogroups. The person who is typically 80% Central and West African is 6.9% White Nile on the same test. That is what you get from deeper ancestry, as seen with dnaconsultant's strs and the 6 other ancestry test. I already knew this but I didn't have 4 other test telling me the same thing even to the point where I have more Levant ancestry than the average European American on a GPS ancestry test and I'm a Sephardi Jew on another.

I'll stop hijacking and create a topic but first I'll mix in my answer with Swenets.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008934;p=1

quote:
1) ks don't tell you how much African ancestry
someone has, anyone who says otherwise is a big
fat liar or doesn't understand what ks are. Ks
will only make distinctions at very obvious levels.
West Eurasian ancestry (i.e. the component that
typically shows up as the blue "Mediterranean"
component) is heavily entangled with African
ancestry and unlikely to be acknowledged as such
in most k-based analyses. For this reason, ks are
NOT continentally circumscribed, but simply
unlabelled categories which the program was able
to distinguish.

PCAs highlight the most prominent shared component in admixture. The Eurasian bottleneck or "Mediterranean" as Swenet puts it is the most highlighted population at any K. This would favor a bottlnecked group. PCAs are built to emphasize the most common similarity stronger than the others. Before the bottlneck where Europeans break from North Africans you have a pre-bottleneck where North Africans break from more eastern Africans. The is the second most common shared component and that is all PCAs need to cluster Europeans with North Africans and the Levant. Its as simple as that. Swenet was right, 'ks don't tell you how much African ancestry
someone has'.

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
This allele D18S51, is found in different places in the world and no scientist calls it "The King Tut allele" , that is a gimmick to sell test kits
A company can use legitimate primary data they got elsewhere an then in their interpretation be skewed [/QB]

Technically its two cuz he had a double dose.
A double dose of
quote:
Still, Africans and African-influenced populations (1 in about 10) are about twice or three times as likely to have it as non-Africans.
You give me a few more on a crime scene and I'll give you the race of the suspect.

Tribes had 16. But you keep stunting on 1 haplogroup.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
A company can use legitimate primary data they got elsewhere an then in their interpretation be skewed

Technically its two cuz he had a double dose.
A double dose of

Africans and African-influenced populations (1 in about 10) are about twice or three times as likely to have it as non-Africans.

Where is your proof of this statement about D18S51?
Give us a reference. There aren't any

quote:

You give me a few more on a crime scene and I'll give you the race of the suspect.

Tribes had 16. But you keep stunting on 1 haplogroup.

quote:
Originally posted by Askia_The_Great:
Credit goes to Beyoku who got from Anthrogenica. Anyhow, I'm surprised there is no thread on this yet but now there is...

Insights from ancient DNA analysis of Egyptian human mummies: clues to disease and kinship

Authors: Yehia Z. Gad*1,2, Naglaa Abu-Mandil Hassan1,3, Dalia M. Mousa
1,Fayrouz A. Fouad1

The Royal male lineage was the Y-chromosome
haplogroup R1b that was passed from the grandparent [Amenhotep III] to the father [KV55, Akhenaten] to the grandchild [Tutankhamen]. The maternal lineage,
the mitochondrial haplogroup K, extended from the great-grandmother [Thuya] to
the grandmother [KV35 Elder lady, Queen Tiye] to the yet historically-unidentified
mother [KV35 Younger lady] to Tutankhamen (38, 55).

You are barking up the wrong tree, the Amarna were all
R1b on the male side except Yuya (G2a)
and haplogroup K on the female side
So the Africans who are E and L carriers do not correspond to the Amarna
However Ramesses III does

However, some Fulani from Sudan some in Cameroon are R1b carriers, so they could be more related to the Amarna but those that are E clade not

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
Where is your proof of this statement about D18S51?
Give us a reference. There aren't any

Its deductive reasoning. He only has 2 copies of one other STR and its not uber African like D18551. Thus it has to be D18551.

quote:
You are barking up the wrong tree, the Amarna were all
R1b on the male side except Yuya (G2a)
and haplogroup K on the female side
So the Africans who are E and L carriers do not correspond to the Amarna
However Ramesses III does

However, some Fulani from Sudan some in Cameroon are R1b carriers, so they could be more related to the Amarna but those that are E clade not

I'm R1b Lioness:D. And a European branch at that [Big Grin] yet the African in me makes me closer to Egyptians on ancestry test than the European in me. This is why I said
quote:
The only thing haplogroups tell us is that this admixture was younger than the age of haplogroups
and/or older and stronger. Haplogroups say little else in this analysis.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I recommend you start a new thread on those so people who know more about genetics who don't post the frequently can notice the title and comment and we are way off topic.
D18551 is not uber African, you made that up but I'm not going to comment further on it here or on your ongoing circular logic.
Other people know more about pop affiliator programs than I do
If you post charts in threads please put under the chart the article title, author and date and if it's fig. 2 or whatever identifies the image
and questions stated with as much clarity as possible

Second I recommend you do a video on youtube along the lines of "My DNA ancestry test results
It would have you showing yourself and be on your
Forty2Tribes channel or a new second channel not associated with that name. I recommend this because I have not see one of the DNA tests videos of an African American who is R1b (although it may exist, somebody let me know)
and what specific region in Africa are you from?

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

D18S51 global frequencies by Africa, south Levant, Europe, east Asia, and Oceania & Americas regions

6 Africa TKOs
Who won any other fights?
Count the punches judges.
Non-TKOs are shared globally or
jointly in two-several regions.
Freqs do not necessarily show
any direction of flow or that
flow was even involved.

Nobody raise a strawman
to knock him down and
shyst a mock victory.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel free to compose your own tables.
Start with GLOBAL and use it to decide
which continents or regions to explore
for meaningful Thuya str profile hits.

But just logically why include anyplace
not adjacent to Africa to look for any
African person's identical 8 STR profile?

Go tell Whit Athey, whatever his name, his Hg estimator sucks because it excludes most of Africa.
popAfilliator is stoopid 'less one believes parents of 0.3% one ancestry make babies with 6.3% that ancestry.
Then that baby grows up and mates with one whose estimates are exactly the same as it parents.
Their child has a whopping 16.7% of the alleged ancestry that in one parent was 6.3% and 0.3% in the other.
And a man well respected by ES uses that tool yet never points out its inane output.
A man who is a doctor/scientist does that, not devising his own methodology.

I don tol u bout dem STRAWMANS
It's you the one lying to ppl
that I said my graphic design
proves some W Afr uber alles.

My NK Royals STR Profile graphic
was designed as a replicable and
falsifiable checkup on DNAtribes'
not peer reviewed proprietary chart.
They did not include the Nile Valley.
I added Sudan and Egypt as advised
by Beyoku and Swenet and them. Then

Lo and behold, found Thuya's exact profile
is in living Sudanis and Upper Egyptians.
All others (including Somali south and west
Africans) in my graphic are also-ran losers
listed in descending affiliation order.

I should not have to reply to
incriminating lies except someone's
unfamiliar with my popstr Amarna/Ramesside
charts since first presented a decade ago may
believe the lies. Once the accusing finger points,
it's object is damned if they do damned if they don't.

This makes Strawman
the demagogues' most devastating dirty
trick not requiring its user to have
done one gram's worth of research or
even ken what they try and undermine.

The unknowing will choke on the straw.
Those in the know already got "a lil
fire" for politician strawman tactic.

-

Don't make your reply postings despicable
blind shots in the dark. What you do to
really help out the hapless is ask for
clarity and expansion and,
if skilled enough, offer some precisions

Ida appreciated you pointing out the
typo made of the two D21 alleles where
I have 26 & 3 but it should be 26 & 35.
Finding non-Africa&S.Levant data in
Swenet's MiniFiler chart, neither
Poland Greece China nor Syria match
Thuya's profile. Karamajong Uganda
Great Lakers not in either chart fare
no better.

=-=-=

If you can show Thuya's 8 STR profile
on earth other than in 'greater Nubia'
then by all means please do. I will be
first in the short line to thank you.

Also I was too lazy to make a caption
for something posted on a forum. OK,
please suggest what I shoulda captioned
if producing for widespread bucking.

quote:
^ that is incomplete just covering Africa
and you haven't included the abbreviation key, most of that is not West Africa, if not all

--------------------

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

My NK Royals STR Profile graphic
was designed as a replicable and
falsifiable checkup on DNAtribes'
not peer reviewed proprietary chart.
They did not include the Nile Valley.
I added Sudan and Egypt as advised
by Beyoku and Swenet and them. Then

Yeah I noticed how Dna Tribes lacks the Sudan. They only have South Sudan. North Sudan and a couple 'Nubian' Egypt populations would have shifted their ancestry results.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com