EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Middle kingdom mummy Nakht-Ankh autosomal results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Middle kingdom mummy Nakht-Ankh autosomal results
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1879 B.C. mummy ; Someone apparently managed to get his result on Gedmatch and no surprise he's similar to modern copts and overall modern egyptians :

-
 -
 -
 -

Quite funny to see that the closest people to these ancient samples outside of Egypt are modern day arabs meanwhile afrocentrists call modern day egyptians "arabs" in order to depict them as invader.

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
quote:
A team led by anthropologist Margaret Murray, the first female archaeologist to become a lecturer at a British university, argued that "it is almost
impossible to convince oneself that they belong to the same race, far less to the same family."

The mummies' skull anatomies were too different, the scholars said. Later, researchers studied scraps of their skin. They agreed with Murray's team
– the mummies' distinct complexions suggested these men did not share parents.

No one had it quite right. A new genetic analysis aims to clear up this relationship. Khnum-Nakht and Nakht-Ankh were, as the text on their coffins
suggested, mummies from the same mother ... a woman named Khnum-aa.

https://www.sciencealert.com/genetics-reveals-surprise-about-4-000-year-old-egyptian-mummy-brothers?limitstart=1&msclkid=78e9c371a77c11ec9f89c806446b9055

There's nothing funny about what the science uncovers.

OP's obvious black baiting aside, Drosou2018 published no autosomal data @
https://www.docdroid.net/y7vILdl/the-kinship-of-two-12th-dynasty-mummies-revealed-by-ancient-dna-sequencing-drosou-et-al-2018-pdf
quote:
The [mtDNA]SNP identities were consistent with mtDNA haplogroup M1a1
with 88.05–91.27% degree of confidence, thus confirming the African ori-
gins of the two individuals

Regarding the opening post and this thread's header:
  1. Where is the peer review published raw autosome data?
  2. Where is anything on the subject's brother same mother?

mtDNA only shows the mother's mother's mother ad infinitum lineage.

nrY SNPs only indicate father's father's father ad infinitum lineage.

What's lost is the sauce, the non-sex specific autosomes.
They're what's used by laboratories and courtrooms when
establishing an individuals' ties to a particular geographic
breeding population or ethnic grouping.

AUTOSOMES come from both mother and father.
They reveal all the lost ethnic/nationality/race clues
wherein both mtDNA and nrY DNA is totally clueless.

EXAMPLE
A person's mother's mother's mother was an Irish lady.
Same person's father's father's father was an AmerInd guy.
Both had children from African descended mates.
Their offspring chose African descended mates
down the generations up to the subject person.

mtDNA and nrY DNA would conclude our subject is a European-American
hybrid having no Africa based descent, ancestry, or parentage.

Autosomal DNA proves this person is overwhelmingly of African descent.
Using only uniparentals obscures actual geographic/racial ID of samples.
Nonetheless, too many scientific articles rely solely on uniparentals.
Is that to intentionally mask what autosomes unbiasedly conclude?
Especially when conclusions are based on only one uniparental.

-

AE was a multi-ethnic society. The state was founded by
local southern Egyptian African blacks whose antecedents
were Sahro-Sudanese 'refugees' from a drying mid-Holocene
Sahra.

AUTOSOMES reveal the strength or dilution of the uniparentals.

MEANWHILE we have autosomes of ruling class New Kingdom
mummies. Thuya's CODIS autosomal profile precisely matches
moderns living in Sudan and southern Egypt.

'Niger-Congo-Kordofanian' speakers are far closer matches than Levantines.

-

Thuya's MiniFiler CODIS autosomes from Gad Pusch & Hawass.
Moderns' CODIS autosome data from the PopSTR database.
With the above sample data anyone can replicate the given
results. I invite and encourage any and all to do the work.

quote:
Originally posted by Antalas:
1879 B.C. mummy ; Someone apparently managed to get his result on Gedmatch and no surprise he's similar to modern copts and overall modern egyptians :

Quite funny to see that the closest people to these ancient samples outside of Egypt are modern day arabs meanwhile afrocentrists call modern day egyptians "arabs" in order to depict them as invader.

The official name of Egypt is ‘Arab Republic of Egypt’.
Are "afrocentrists (sic)" responsible for that, o black-baiter?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlimJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does this work? I don't get how someone would be able to extract his autosomal ancestry from his mtDNA?
Nevertheless these results aren't that crazy by any means.

Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: May 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course nothing's crazy about Drosou2018.
I included a link to their main article which
shows how the mother's M1a1 was concluded
even without the supplementary material.

I only question the supposed autosome authenticity
claimed in the OP as no valid peer reviewed article
I can find indicates any such raw data exists. Nor
are the compilers of the OP charts named nor any
link given vindicating it's the work of anyone
who can demonstrate the validity of their data
and methodology analysing such 'contrived' data.

SlimJim', you're correct. Autosomes can't be derived from either
* mtDNA or
* nrY/MSY chromosome DNA.
Those are the uniparentals (ie coming from one parent only).

Uniparentals can only show a very small part
of any individual's geo-biological heritage.
Autosomes are biparental chromosome data recombined
anew each and every generation from both a person's
mother and father without regard to any mtDNA,
X chromosome DNA, or Y chromosome DNA.

BTW As a writer I constantly tweak my posts
for spelling, grammar, and clarity. Consequently
it may be an hour or two after my post's timestamp
before the final composition is ready and so the
links and most of my text were not there @ Slim
Jim's timestamp.

I need to go back to PLEASE DON'T REPLY - POST
STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION headsup until the final
form is ready. Sorry.

~ Old, slow (ie deliberate), and careful Tukuler ~

===========================

The haplotypes included ancestral muta-
tions at positions 489 T → C, 10,398A → G, 10,400C → T and
15,043G → A, which define macrohaplogroup M (Winters, 2010). The
M1 branch (Quintana-Muri et al., 1999) was further characterized by a
transversion at position 12,950A → C and four transitions in the coding
region at positions 6446G → A, 6680 T → C, 12,403C → T, and
14,110 T → C, as well as three transitions 16,129G → A, 16,189 T → C
and 16,249 T → C in the control region (Quintana-Muri et al., 1999).
Signature motifs of subclade M1a1 are the 3705G → A, 12,346C → T
and 16,359 T → C transitions (Gonzalez et al., 2007). To validate our
results we considered the complexity of the M haplogroup and ex-
amined the SNP data with and without recurring mutations found in
several branches of haplogroup M (M4, M5, M34) (Sun et al., 2006),
private mutations, hotspots, and mutations that are usually found in
haplogroups D, L, N, R and U6 (Olivieri et al., 2006; Sun et al., 2006;
Gonzalez et al., 2007; Pennarun et al., 2012), such as position 16,223
(Tanaka et al., 2004), and constructed a median-joining network
(Supplementary Fig. 1). The network confirms the close proximity be-
tween the mtDNA haplotypes of the two mummies and haplogroup
M1a1.

Note here mainstream science article citing ES' often maligned
Dr Clyde 'Ahmad' Winters
Winters, C., 2010
The African Origin of mtDNA haplogroup M1
Curr. Res. J. Biol. Sci. 6, 380-389

quote:
Originally posted by SlimJim:
How does this work? I don't get how someone would be able to extract his autosomal ancestry from his mtDNA?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I just reposted the info from here :https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?25950-Any-more-ancient-Egyptian-Autosomal-data

And the sample is interesting since as far as I know it's the oldest ancient egyptian autosomal result we have and he's similar to the abusir samples + the two egyptian from lebanon and roman england + modern copts therefore further reinforcing to idea of strong continuity in the region since at least the middle kingdom ; it's also a sample from Upper Egypt.

People pushing the idea of AEs looking like mixed sudanese or eritrean/ethiopians have to stop there is nothing to support this.

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlimJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I just reposted the info from here :https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?25950-Any-more-ancient-Egyptian-Autosomal-data

And the sample is interesting since as far as I know it's the oldest ancient egyptian autosomal result we have and he's similar to the abusir samples + the two egyptian from lebanon and roman england + modern copts therefore further reinforcing to idea of strong continuity in the region since at least the middle kingdom ; it's also a sample from Upper Egypt.

People pushing the idea of AEs looking like mixed sudanese or eritrean/ethiopians have to stop there is nothing to support this.

This supposed autosomal DNA has little bearing on whether early Upper Egyptians looked like East Africans or not.
This doesn't change over a century of craniometric data.

Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: May 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
quote:
quote:

This supposed autosomal DNA has little bearing on whether early Upper Egyptians looked like East Africans or not.

So a upper egyptian from the middle kingdom being similar to all the egyptian samples whether modern or ancient is a coincidence ? I supposed it's the hyksos right ? ...

Craniometric datas also demonstrate that modern upper egyptians already show affinities with east africans and genetic datas will always be more reliable than craniometric data. You have to be irrational to believe that such a northern population would be no different from ethiopians be reasonable pls.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] 1879 B.C. mummy ; Someone apparently managed to get his result on Gedmatch and no surprise he's similar to modern copts and overall modern egyptians :

-

According to Y-DNA analysis by Hassan et al. (2008), around 45% of Copts in Sudan carry the haplogroup J. The remainder mainly belong to the E1b1b clade (21%).

My guess is that one of these brothers was of Y group E1b1b, that is the Natufian group

The other may not have been

-
https://tetisheri.co.uk/photography/

check it out, the above image on a pillow and mug
https://tetisheri.co.uk/shop/?product-page=2

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So a upper egyptian from the middle kingdom being similar to all the egyptian samples whether modern or ancient is a coincidence ? I supposed it's the hyksos right ? ...

Craniometric datas also demonstrate that modern upper egyptians already show affinities with east africans and genetic datas will always be more reliable than craniometric data. You have to be irrational to believe that such a northern population would be no different from ethiopians be reasonable pls.

Go back and read my posts, you do nothing but strawman, when we spoke about Horners and Egyptians clustering on the basis of craniometrics I explicitly said its only partially due to a genetic relationship, somehow you interpreted what I've said as Ethiopians are "no different" to ancient Egyptians, IDEK why you brought up pheotype, I don't see the relevance here.
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
Go back and read my posts, you do nothing but strawman, when we spoke about Horners and Egyptians clustering on the basis of craniometrics I explicitly said its only partially due to a genetic relationship, somehow you interpreted what I've said as Ethiopians are "no different" to ancient Egyptians, IDEK why you brought up pheotype, I don't see the relevance here. [/QB]

And no one denied this but your post made it seems like "it doesn't prove upper egyptians didn't look like horners" anyway the more data we get and the more it reinforces the idea of a strong continuity in the region.
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The title of this thread is a lie and a farce
perpetuated on the unknowing and gullible.

NO AUTOSOMES FROM THIS MUMMY OR HIS BROTHER EXIST.

Else
reproduce directly from the standard peer review
journal article
publishing them by name and length
and detailing how they were recovered as Pusch Gad
and Hawass did for two sets of royal New Kingdom
mummies, the Amarna and the Ramesside.

The only kits that can extract aDNA STRs and identify
the CODIS STR autosomes are only sold by their
manufacturer to ascertain family relationship.
Thus there must be at least two mummies sampled.

But no autosomes of the brothers or their mother
are noted and published anywhere I seek. Who has
any such links to share? Please do, thank you.

If there's no such data nor methodology under the
name of a credentialed professional geneticist
and team then why is thread allowed to stand open
misleading the readership and making a mockery of
an ES that once required accountability to post in
EGYPTOLOGY forum.

See earlier post using the peer review published autosomes
CFSPO1 D2S1338 D7S820 D13S317 D16S539 D18S51 D21S11 FGA
that establish current Sudan and south Egypt affinities
for Thuya ancestress of the Amarna royal lineage.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kinship of two 12th Dynasty mummies revealed by ancient DNA
sequencing
Konstantina Drosou, Campbell Price and Terence A. Brown
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION

Supplementary Table 1
Y chromosome SNPs.

page 4-10

https://www.docdroid.net/7Pr7jrF/the-kinship-of-two-12th-dynasty-mummies-revealed-by-ancient-dna-sequencing-supplementary-material-drosou-et-al-2018-odt

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wha ... ? ? ?

I posted about Drosou twice already.

Her team extracted
Y chromosome SNPs
and mtDNA sequences.

Everybody knows Y chromosome SNPs can not be autosomes
and I've demonstrated how much information gets lost
generation by generation when sex chromosomes and/or
mtDNA only are relied on. They only show DEEP ANCESTRY
going back to the founder of a lineage, as much as
10's of thousands of years ago and only indicate
a current geo-local possibility needing non-sex
autosome confirmation.

Please DO NOT
post blind links to irrelevant data.

Please DO
post what was asked for
the retrieved autosome loci names and allele lengths.
Be sure to include the raw data's page number or chart ID
if not an actual image from the peer reviewed article itself.
Link to raw data's database preferred where (authorized) users
can download and process the data that professional geneticists
make available.

Consider the jump bar raised or the limbo stick lowered.

No time to debate well known facts. I educate,
correcting obvious ignorance of the science.
quote:

What are the 22 autosomes?

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes--
22 pairs of numbered chromosomes, called AUTOSOMES
and one pair of sex chromosomes, X and Y.

Each parent contributes one chromosome to each pair
so that offspring get half of their chromosomes
from their mother and half from their father.

Chromosome - Genome.gov

For the final time Y SNPs are not autosomes. Those
PREVIOUSLY LISTED STRs are one minimum standard
set used by government agencies and courts in
ascertaining direct geographic-population lineal
affiliations, A.K.A. race by continent and region.

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
The kinship of two 12th Dynasty mummies revealed by ancient DNA
sequencing
Konstantina Drosou, Campbell Price and Terence A. Brown
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION

Supplementary Table 1
Y chromosome SNPs.

page 4-10

https://www.docdroid.net/7Pr7jrF/the-kinship-of-two-12th-dynasty-mummies-revealed-by-ancient-dna-sequencing-supplementary-material-drosou-et-al-2018-odt

Yes the sex chromosome and mtDNA info is precious
but it's biased prejudiced bigotted and UNETHICAL
to post nry SNP processed data for the one preferred
light skinned mummy while neglecting his dark skinned
brother's Y SNPs.

Stacked deck GIGO

-

Had one Helluva time finding that image.

GOOGLE returned zilch for site:egyptsearch.com "stacked deck" tukuler.

ES internal search engine returned two hits for 'stacked deck' in Egyptology forum.

-  -

Neither were @ www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=010319;#000045

What a gwan?

Luckily I saved that page and my file
explorer popped it <fingersnap> right up.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com