EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Tomb Visits

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tomb Visits
rb1866
Member # 9664

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rb1866     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During my last visit to Egypt all of the Ramesside tombs (including Nefertari) were closed. My tour guide told me that with a bit of forward planning and payment of fees these tombs could be visited by special arrangement. He wasn't looking for money himself so I think he was passing on what he genuinely believed to be true. Anyone else heard of this option? If it exists does anyone know the kind of notice periods and the fees involved? Indeed who should the application even be made to?

Many thanks
rb

Posts: 3 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know one reason why they close these tombs to visitors is to prevent overexposure that would damage the tomb art.
Posts: 26270 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khaemwaset   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In October 2023 I want to visit the tomb of Nefertari (QV66) for the first time.
Can someone give me advice about visiting QV66?
Thanks. [EMAIL][/EMAIL]

Posts: 20 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khaemwaset   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by khaemwaset:
[QB] In October 2023 I want to visit the tomb of Nefertari (QV66) for the first time.
Thanks.

Posts: 20 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
Originally posted by khaemwaset:
quote:
Originally posted by khaemwaset:
[QB] In October 2023 I want to visit the tomb of Nefertari (QV66) for the first time.
Thanks.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com