EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Website about the tomb of Khaemwaset

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Website about the tomb of Khaemwaset
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khaemwaset   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear members,

Prince Khaemwaset was among the oldest sons of Pharaoh Ramesses III.
His mummified remains were entombed in tomb QV44 in the Valley of the Queens in Luxor.
In the past few years, I have worked on a website describing the murals and hieroglyphs depicted in the tomb.
My in creating this website was to reproduce the extraordinary beauty and craftmanship of the murals, which have been incredibly well preserved.
The website gives a detailed description of the whole tomb and shows all the murals in tomb QV44.
All hieroglyphs in the tomb have been translated in English.
The completed website can found at:
https://tomb-khaemwaset-gaspard.info

Kind regards,
khaemwaset

Posts: 20 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you the creator of the website?
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khaemwaset   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure.
I've done an exploration of the tomb QV44 between 2004 and 2013.
Building the website between 2014 and 2019.
Website is online since 1/12/2019.
Kind regards.

Posts: 20 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I appreciate your work. I take it you were involved in the Valley of the Kings digital restoration project by Discovery/BBC or with Kent Weeks Theban Mapping Project.
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
@Djehuti (=Egyptian word for the god Thoth)
Thanks for your appreciation of my website about QV44.

Kind regards.
Khaemwaset

khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
@the lioness,
Thanks for your appreciation of my website about the tomb of Khaemwaset.
I think that your comment is not correct.
INFORMATION gives not only information about the prince.
The URL of all photos is given for each photo on a website.
You are right when you say that you cannot read the URL of PIC 24.
PIC 24 is not on a website and that is the reason there is no URL.
24 is a photo I have taken in the tomb.
The real name of khaemwaset on this forum is Gaspard Van Haver.
That is the reason I've put....gaspard.info in the domain name of my website.
I think that all headings on my website are correct.

Kind regards.
Khaemwaset

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine work on its own
I find it also useful w/2 other sites.

I don't know how they did it but someone took a neon&glass photo w/o glare of Book of Gates 4:5
It was an Alamy Stock Photo

see it here

Maybe they used your technique to refine the shot?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
@Tukuler
Thanks for your appreciation of my website.
It is the result of 12 years research !!
I've seen the Alamy photo.
Alamy gives a lot of money to the guardians of the tombs for taking photos.
They correct all their photos with photoshop and ask a very high price. for their photos.

khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
@Tukuler
In the Egyptian tombs are placed thick glass panels to protect the murals.
All photos taken in the tombs show disturbing reflections and superpositions.
It is necessary to photoshop all the photos.
Photoshopping all the photos taken in an Egyptian tomb must done by a professional photoshopper and is expensive!!

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I read as much at your website.
Glass and neon lighting mars photos, right?
I have perused ~75% of the pages spending the
most time with the burial chamber particularly.
The natural preconservation preservation of
this tomb is amazing esp considering its reuse.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
@Tukuler
You are correct saying that the preservation of the murals-after 3500 years- is amazing considering that the tomb is reused.
The beauty of the murals in QV44 was the reason that I've costructed a website of that tomb.

khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
Dear members,
May I ask the opinion of those members who have visited my website?

Thanks!
khaemwaset

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ To be honest it took some time getting used to navigate the site. It helped a lot to open a map of the tomb in one tab as a reference. Other than that it's an excellent site. It would be better if you had a virtual map of the tomb where your can click on each section on the map and it will open a webpage with corresponding photos. Of course such an update will take even more time and effort to do. This is not to take away from your accomplishments, you have very high quality photos from all the murals of the tomb it seems.

According to your website, the murals are what attracted you this project. Do you have any interest in making a web project for other royal figures? Nefertari of the 20th dynasty has an equally beautiful tomb in QV66. What do you find personally interesting about Khaemwaset himself, since historically he didn't seem as important as brothers, or father, or even his ancestral namesake of the 19th dynasty.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
@Djehuti
Thanks for your comment and appreciation of my website about QV44.
I agree that navigating in my website is difficult at a first visit.
I've constructed this website because the murals are preserved after 3500 years and are beautiful.
The tomb of Khaemwaset is described in a book of Hassanein en Nelson.
In that book the murals are in black-with and that gives a totally different vieuw.
In the book of Hassanein and Nelson many hieroglyphs are wrong translated.
Many Egyptologists give wrong information about Prince Khaemwaset and that was the reason to give correct information about the prince on my website.
Therefore I've done research in the Museo Egizio in Turin,Italy.
My information about Khaemwaset is correct.
I have not interest in making a website about QV66.
Thierry Bendeitter on Osirisnet has made a website of QV66.
Since years many people are busy with the restoration of QV66 but today the greatest part of QV66 need to be restored.

khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
I think that the most important when constructing a website about an Egyptian tomb is not to give a complete description of the different parts of the tomb.
You can read a description of a tomb in many books or on websites.
The most important is the fact that the murals are good preserved in order to give a virtual visit of a tomb.
In QV66 90% of the murals has been lost.
I have spent years to take good photos of the whole tomb of Prince Khaemwaset.

khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
My website about QV44 is not constructed because Prince Khaemwaset was an important person in the
the 20th dynasty.
She's constructed to show the beauty of the preserved murals in the whole tomb.
During my exploration of QV44 I've talk with the famous Egyptologist Kent Weeks.
He agreed with me that the ORIGINAL murals in QV44 are of an extraordinary quality.
Please look once again @
https://tomb-khaemwaset-gaspard.info

Thanks.

khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
I have updated my website about the tomb of Prince Khaemwaset (QV44).
The hyperlinks are OK now and the annoying advertisements are blocked.
You can see the updated website on https://tomb-khaemwaset-gaspard.info
Thanks for visiting my updated website about the tomb of Prince Khaemwaset in the Valley of the Queens in Luxor/Egypt

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
I appreciate it Khaemwaset!

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

khaemwaset
Member # 23172

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for khaemwaset   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again I've updated my website about the tomb of Prince Khaemwaset (QV44).
The hyperlinks are OK now and the annoying advertisements are blocked.
You can see the updated website on https://tomb-khaemwaset-gaspard.info

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com