This is topic obama just won in forum Politics at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=004299

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

finally new history has been written the first black president for usa
go obama...

Posted by Rashaa (Member # 15206) on :

I was watching it happen Tina, on CNN...it very much is as you said...history in the making....

They even showed other places globally celebrating...I voted in Ohio [Big Grin] , with an absentee ballot, and helped make it happen [Smile]

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

We'll see in time how far he'll go!!

Congratulations.

~ TL

sarah palin looked pissed in mccain's consession speech, and mccain choked up himself....

quote:
Originally posted by Rashaa:
I was watching it happen Tina, on CNN...it very much is as you said...history in the making....

They even showed other places globally celebrating...I voted in Ohio [Big Grin] , with an absentee ballot, and helped make it happen [Smile]

cnn all the way

lolol
yea obama thnk god... goooooo
i love cnn

Posted by meninarmer (Member # 12654) on :

I've never been impressed with McCain, but I was about 90% impressed with his concession speech.
I think it's the best speech he's ever given.
His base however, are sore losers.

i got bored and changed the channel..

obama is talkin now on abc and nbc

Posted by refreshed (Member # 15850) on :

Well I don't watch the tube, but was listening to NPR.

My ex and I had a huge fight when he stated he wasn't going to vote. But he did with a friend who is also ethnically Arab and a naturalized citizen. We both know if anyone dared to mess with him at the polling station I would have lost my marbles. So he made a great choice.

I stood in line for hours and my neighborhood erupted in holloring, chanting "Obama, Obama, Obama......." at 10:30pm.

Won't get much sleep tonight the yuppies and the punks, the rastafarians, the homeless and the bohemians are really wild right now.

i bet they are the best man got the job.....

He swept both the east and west coasts and a few in between....

It was something to see some key figures in the audience [Jesse Jackson was crying] and to hear Martin Luther King's youngest daughter speak....

Let's see what happens next.....

yes it was a moving speech

Fireworks are going off throughout south minneapolis/uptown.

I still hear chanting and hollaring.

There is much work ahead.
In many ways, the nation is still divided with civil war physiologies if you noticed the states that McCain won and how they reacted to his loss.
It will be an exciting 4 years like something I've not seen in my lifetime.

Posted by Obatala's Revenge (Member # 11484) on :

^ True Dat.

OBAMA!!! OBAMA!!! OBAMA!!! [Big Grin]

Shall we get some black paint ready for Barack's new Home? [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Obatala's Revenge:
^ True Dat.

Good GOD and I going to have to read race related crap for the next 4-8 years?

Obama is a great man, will be an excellent president and it has nothing to do with his skin color.

Be happy for Obama, be estatic for America, but don't play the race card like so many voters who wouldn't cast a vote for Obama.

Be American and leave race out of it.

Dis iz America!

The bloods in DC already took care of dat!

Paint The White House Black

The prophet, George Clinton done renamed DC to Chocolate City

Chocolate City

quote:
Originally posted by refreshed:
quote:
^ True Dat.

Good GOD and I going to have to read race related crap for the next 4-8 years?

Yep. [Big Grin]

And Much Moore... [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
Dis iz America!

Thank GOODNESS the rest of America doesn't equate BLACK with gangster.

^ I don't understand ya wit your talking out the side old you neck. Listen to the flavor above cream pie.
Dat's REAL black music.

quote:
quote:
Dis iz America!

Thank GOODNESS the rest of America doesn't equate BLACK with gangster.
^ Only idiots ever equated BLACK with gangster. Though Barack is one hell of a gangster and a gentleman.

Did you not know? [Big Grin]

Posted by 'Shahrazat' (Member # 12769) on :

The presidents may change but the politics of America never changes.

Congratulations Mr. Obama !

She ain't with it.
She, like other whites only equate bloods with gangs.

Naw sweetheart, you have it twisted.
Before the crips and bloods gangs, AA blacks called one another blood or brother blood, not nigga.

quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':

^ Keep wishing.

I suppose it helps psychologically. [Big Grin]

Now that The Black Man is King, you're licking his arse. Lick it clean Bwooooy... lol. [Big Grin]

quote:

I take that as an insult, but you don't know any better.

quote:

You wrong.

1) Obama don't owe none of the democrates or republicans nothing. He didn't take anything from them.

2) Obama throwing out all the old white house advisors and bringing in new.

3) The senate is democratic controls. By tomorrow, they may hold close to 60 seats.

America is about to change, but it's going to be rough.

quote:
quote:

^ You're right! [Big Grin]

quote:
quote:

You wrong.

1) Obama don't owe none of the democrates or republicans nothing. He didn't take anything from them.

3) The senate is democratic controls. By tomorrow, they may hold close to 60 seats.

Indeed. Did you notice how the Blacks and Hispanics came out like never before? Amazing.

The whites he campaigned for throughout the election probably let him down (many of the cunts not being "sure") with the exception of white women. But then, Barack is very bright. He knew he could always depend on his People. [Smile]

quote:
quote:

Whatever you take it refreshed, this is our point of view for the exterior politics of America as interior ones is not our bussiness actually.

Posted by Rumicrazieluv (Member # 12053) on :

quote:
^ True Dat.

Wow, that was probably one of the most ignorant things I've ever read [Roll Eyes]

You must be one of those idiot skin heads who actually still believe that the color of your skin decides life hierarchy. You must actually buy into this thought your at the top of the food chain based on your "whiteness" . I hate to be the one to tell you the majority would still consider you poor white redneck trash with no edumication... [Roll Eyes]

What a maroon!! Get educated and get into the 21st century Billy Bob!!! [Roll Eyes]

^^ why would a white dude want to paint the white house Black? [Confused]

Use your logic!

quote:
quote:
quote:

Whatever you take it refreshed, this is our point of view for the exterior politics of America as interior ones is not our bussiness actually.
*chuckles* [Big Grin]

quote:
quote:
quote:

You wrong.

Indeed. Did you notice how the Blacks and Hispanics came out like never before? Amazing.

The whites he campaigned for throughout the election probably let him down (many of the cunts not being "sure") with the exception of white women. But then, Barack is very bright. He knew he could always depend on his People. [Smile]

Actually I take back what I said in my previous post. This by far is the most ignorant crap I've ever read in my life!!! [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
quote:
^ True Dat.

Wow, that was probably one of the most ignorant things I've ever read [Roll Eyes]

You must be one of those idiot skin heads who actually still believe that the color of your skin decides life hierarchy. You must actually buy into this thought your at the top of the food chain based on your "whiteness" . I hate to be the one to tell you the majority would still consider you poor white redneck trash with no edumication... [Roll Eyes]

What a maroon!! Get educated and get into the 21st century Billy Bob!!! [Roll Eyes]

Check out my post above, Paint The White House Black abd you'll understand better. [Cool]

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You wrong.

Actually I take back what I said in my previous post. This by far is the most ignorant crap I've ever read in my life!!! [Roll Eyes]
*chuckles* [Big Grin]

Get used to it. [Cool]

If it is just a matter of black and white, good luck America [Roll Eyes]

^ No it isn't a matter of Black and white. It's a matter of putting nutcase whites in check.

Creating a better world where our children can live in peace without ending up victimised by the hoardes of low self-esteem whites who are all over the world making trouble for no reason that we "non-whites" can understand (misery perhaps?).

Humanity must progress and if it means PUTTING FOOT IN ASS of McCain and Bush types, so shall it be.

It's a matter of white and white. Get it?
So we need even more luck so keep it coming. [Big Grin]

quote:
quote:
quote:
^ True Dat.

Check out my post above, Paint The White House Black abd you'll understand better. [Cool]
I saw george clinton once at a club in upstate new york , The man seems ageless to me. [Big Grin]

Actually I find it awe inspiring to have been part of such an historic event. It's an important moment for black americans and I voted for him because he really was the best candidate to represent our diversified nation. I didnt vote for the "token black" but for a great man who is going to do great things...

I just wonder when hammer will be along to post his concession speech.. [Big Grin]

Yeah I can't wait to rip Hammer's ass ("No Homo"). [Big Grin]

quote:
I saw george clinton once at a club in upstate new york , The man seems ageless to me. [Big Grin]

I just wonder when hammer will be along to post his concession speech.. [Big Grin]

George Clinton is a personal friend. I went to school with half of his band and some of them are helping me record a few songs.
I'll put a link up so you can hear one I just finished in Baltimore.

Well, we know a little bit about our foes and what to expect next from them. It isn't overlooked that ~1/3 of America voted for McCain and they represent the same folk that brought the noise down on Bill Clinton and hemmed up his term with the Monica incident.
Hammer is in that group and I wouldn't hold my breath for any concession from him. If he does, I wouldn't beleive him as far as I could thrown an elephant.

quote:
quote:

Well, we know a little bit about our foes and what to expect next from them. It isn't overlooked that ~1/3 of America voted for McCain and they represent the same folk that brought the noise down on Bill Clinton and hemmed up his term with the Monica incident.
Hammer is in that group and I wouldn't hold my breath for any concession from him. If he does, I wouldn't beleive him as far as I could thrown an elephant.

Exactly [Big Grin] . For months we've heard about how unpatriotic we are, that we always have to support our elected by the people president.. I just want to see how gracious he really is, Im not holding my breath though [Razz]

Rumicrazieluv, how have you been?
How's the nursing biz?

Posted by Egor (Member # 15883) on :

We are all crying today.
Remember this day every body!! [Smile]

quote:
Rumicrazieluv, how have you been?
How's the nursing biz?

I've been really good lately, nursing is nursing-the good, the bad and the extremely bad [Big Grin] .

Sounds like things are good for you too. Put up your track,would really like to hear it. Then I can say "I knew him when he was just a username " [Big Grin] [Cool]

Posted by of_gold (Member # 13418) on :

Frankly, I am embarrassed that y'all are making this into a race issue. It is precisely what President Obama would not want. It fosters division. We have to lift ourselves out of this, focus on the positive, and as Obama so eloquently states be the "United States of America".

Obama did not get elected because of his race. Focusing on it puts him at risk. Don't do it people. It's exactly what the people who would not vote for him because of race are waiting for you to do. Rise above it "Yes We Can". [Smile]

Posted by smileyjones (Member # 15911) on :

I am moved. Not only for the historical nature and what Obama has just accomplished but because it is a real sign for change in our country and in the world.

For those who think this is just another election and it will not change much. I dare to say to have hope and give change a chance to blossom where there have been none for so long. This is quite a special day for many Americans. [Smile]

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

congratulations Obama and America.

Morgan Feeman always did play the best prez [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

oo my gosh look at all the other countries that are celebrating obamas win... japan africa etc... he won by a huge landslide.. y not because he is black or white.. cas noone wants mccain the other bush...obama look like he can be strong and hold our country in good peace and straighten our country out.. mccain would have had another war and or dug us in to depression...

Posted by xyyman (Member # 13597) on :

Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
We'll see in time how far he'll go!!

Congratulations.

~ TL

quote:
Originally posted by smileyjones:
I dare to say to have hope and give change a chance to blossom where there have been none for so long. This is quite a special day for many Americans. [Smile]

Actually change happens all the time. This is just the latest milestone for America. [Smile]

Posted by Hibbah (Member # 12156) on :

quote:
If it is just a matter of black and white, good luck America [Roll Eyes]

Shahrzat,

Do you think a person with Black skin would ever become the ruler of Turkey? How about any ethnic or religious minority member? How about an Arab? Or a kurd? Its not going to happen.

The fact that this has happened in the United States has meant SO much to me- it REALLY illustrates how great of a country this is- and how evolved of a people we are. Yes- we have race issues. But for goodness sakes, this is amazing. As many Martin Luther King references were made- its so true. Just forty years ago- what was the state for African Americans, Chicanos, Asians in this country?

NO WHERE ELSE- not in Europe, not in a Muslim country, not in South America, not in the far east- does this happen.

Congratulations to Obama, and to the United States. Thank God we were able to vote for a candidate based on his qualifications and his vision INSTEAD of turning away from him because he isn't a White Male.

CNN) -- At a modest stucco home in Montgomery, Alabama, an unlikely presidential victory celebration is taking place this morning.

Barack Obama's election victory represents a triumph for civil rights activists before him.

Peggy Wallace Kennedy, the daughter of the late George Wallace, the Alabama governor who once vowed to maintain segregation forever, is rejoicing.

Kennedy, 58, voted for Sen. Barack Obama. She says she was "mesmerized" when she first heard him speak at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. Her admiration for Obama deepened when she learned he opposed the Iraq war. She even slapped an Obama bumper sticker on her car, even though someone told her that the prospect of an African-American president would have her father "rolling over in his grave."

"I think Obama is going to be one of the best presidents we'll have," she says. "He's going to bring the freshness we need. We've just been bogged down so long. We need this shot in the arm."

President-elect Obama's victory Tuesday may be a racially transformative event. But for people like Kennedy, who came through the fires of the civil rights movement, it also represents something else -- personal triumph. Obama's win validates the risks they took years ago. iReport.com: What does Obama's victory mean to you?

Some, like Kennedy and an entire generation of white Southerners, risked social rejection for renouncing the bigotry of their parents. Others risked their lives while leading civil rights campaigns in the Deep South. Some almost lost their belief in the inherent goodness of America because they saw so many innocent people die. iReport.com: 'This is the most wonderful night of my life'

They are people like Bob Moses, who led African-American voter registration drives in Mississippi during the early 1960s. He was a leader in the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee in Mississippi when three civil rights workers were murdered by a group of men that included a Mississippi deputy sheriff. He also helped lead an ill-fated attempt to sit African-American delegates from Mississippi at the 1964 Democratic National Convention, which was segregated.

Moses grew so disenchanted by his experiences that he moved to Tanzania. He returned to the United States in 1976 and founded the Algebra Project, a national program that encourages African-American students to attend college by first teaching them mathematical literacy.

"We seem to be evolving..., " Moses says. "The country is trying to reach for the best part of itself."

Don't Miss
Obama inspires historic victory
Obama election video
TIME.com: Will a black president heal racial divide?
Moses is evolving as well. Obama is the first president he's voted for in three decades, he says.

"I don't do politics, but I made sure to vote this time," says Moses, now 73 years old. "Obama is the first person I really felt moved to vote for."

Moses says he is amazed that Obama has helped lead the country through a racially transformative moment without anyone getting killed.

Pivotal events in America's racial history -- the debate over slavery, the assault on segregation -- sparked widespread violence, Moses says.

"I don't think people appreciate how delicate it is to move the society around these questions without descent into chaos or into pockets of chaos," he says.

Obama's victory also offered a rare public acknowledgement for Moses. He recently attended an Obama rally when Obama -- a keen student of the civil rights movement -- discovered he was in the audience.

"When he got on the platform, he gave me a shout out," says Moses, whose reluctance to be in the spotlight was notorious among his civil rights colleagues. "He said, 'there's someone in the audience, and he's a hero of mine.' "

Moses paused when asked how it felt.

"It was good."

The nation goes full circle

Obama's victory, though, wasn't just made possible by civil rights activists, some say. It was also made possible by a generation of African-American leaders who excelled in the political, sports and entertainment arenas: former Secretary of State Colin Powell, golfer Tiger Woods and pop culture figures like actor Bill Cosby and Dennis Haysbert, who portrays a black president in the television series "24."

They didn't change laws, but they did shift perceptions, some say.

"We live in a society where white voters are prepared and accustomed to seeing African-Americans in prominent positions and leadership," says Brett Gadsden, an assistant professor of African-American studies at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.

The Rev. James Zwerg almost lost his life trying to usher in this new society.

Zwerg, who is white, participated in the Freedom Rides in the early 1960s, and he says Obama's victory means the country has gone "full-circle."

Zwerg was almost beaten to death by a white mob in 1961 when he dared to sit next to African-Americans on a Greyhound bus. He was part of a group of white and black college students, dubbed "Freedom Riders," who tried to desegregate interstate travel.

The photos of a bloodied Zwerg, standing next to a battered John Lewis -- who would go on to become a Georgia congressman --rallied activists across the nation. Zwerg became a civil rights hero, but his father disowned him for protesting alongside African-Americans.

Yet Zwerg became so tormented by the attention he received -- he thought he got too much credit because he was white -- that he once contemplated suicide.

Zwerg, 68, says the bond he experienced with other Freedom Riders caused the most inspiring moments of his life. Obama's campaign reminded him of that era.

"Obama's message reflects much of the same idealism that [the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.] spoke of when he talked about coming together to improve our country," Zwerg says. "He's really rekindled the same enthusiasm for change among young people, which is terrific."

Zwerg says he never thought back then that an African-American would integrate the Oval Office -- nor did any Freedom Rider.

"I don't think it really crossed our mind."

Clayborne Carson, a former activist and now a Stanford University historian, remembers getting arrested in 1965 just because he demanded the right to vote. He says it was "inconceivable" then that the United States would elect an African-American president.

"I remember how it was still a controversial act for President [Lyndon] Johnson to even select a black person for his Cabinet," Carson says.

Carson says many people forget that many African-Americans in the South were not allowed to vote until the passage of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, a law passed only after the bloody civil rights campaign in Selma, Alabama, mobilized public opinion.

"America was a democracy in name only," Carson says. "It's only since the mid-1960s that we've had this experiment in a multicultural and multiracial democracy."

Carson says he sees the future of this multicultural experiment not only in Obama's victory, but also in his Stanford classroom. More than half of his students are not native white Americans but Asians, Latinos and African-Americans, he says.

He also sees a troubling future for the United States in his travels to counties like India and China. Those countries have highly educated youths who "have the sense that the future belongs to them."

"I don't know if we have that confidence," he says. "This symbolic change in leadership won't mean anything unless a President Obama can mobilize the country for the long, hard struggle to keep up with the world."

Kennedy, George Wallace's daughter, is thinking more about the past these days. She wonders how her father would have regarded Obama's victory.

She says Wallace had his own racially transformative moment. He renounced bigotry later in his life, publicly apologized for the pain he caused and was elected to his last term as governor of Alabama with strong African-American support.

Still, she doesn't know what he would say about her vote for Obama.

"I think he would be all right with it," she says. "Daddy had come full circle. I really think that he would be happy about it or at least interested in it. I'm not sure he would have voted for Obama."

Obama's victory, however, doesn't mean the politics of exclusion that her father once practiced is history, she says.

"There's racism, and there always will be racism," she says. "But this country has come a long way."

When asked how she was going to celebrate Obama's win, Kennedy gave a mischievous chuckle. She says she's going to continue to do what she and her husband, H. Mark Kennedy, a retired Alabama Supreme Court justice, have been doing the last few days since an Obama victory seemed certain:

"We've been sitting here and watching Fox News go utterly berserk."

Posted by Millas (Member # 15374) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Hibbah:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
[qb] If it is just a matter of black and white, good luck America [Roll Eyes]

Shahrzat,

Do you think a person with Black skin would ever become the ruler of Turkey? How about any ethnic or religious minority member? How about an Arab? Or a kurd? Its not going to happen.

I think you shouldn't talk about the subject you don't know much.In previous years,we had Kurdish originated president and ministers in Turkey.We still have Kurdish or Arab originated people in the cabinet.There is no problem about that,no discrimination.Turkey is not like USA,it has huge history,backgrounds.

quote:
CNN) -- At a modest stucco home in Montgomery, Alabama,

MWAHHHH I lived there!! Never again!!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

~ TL

Personally I won't buy into all this Obama hype. I won't hail President Obama unless he has proven he did great accomplishments for his country. Accomplishments which he promised so readily in all of his campaign speeches. He did the talk - now he needs to do the walk.

~ TL

The civil war is over.
The south has lost again. Get over it.

Posted by TheAmericanPatriot (Member # 15824) on :

Thats correct Tiger. All fo these Bush bashers now have the shoe on the other foot. The middle east mess will soon belong to Senator Obama and the democrats. He'll fight the war becuse he will have no choice.
Actually, the President is vasly less powerful than people give him credit for.

Hibbah and Millas,
I wasn't the one who was talking about the skin color matter. My words were just a reaction for one of the posters above as he was just mattering his being black.

Yes we had Kurdish originated president before. But I think after all those things done by PKK, it is more difficult now. IMO, there was no reason for hating the Afro-Americans, in the past, their only mistake was their skin color unfortunately, but you know the hidden hate of most of the Kurds for Turkish people and their support for the PKK who killed too many innocent people and babies.
So different things.

By the way, you know some Turks are anxious about Obama's presidency as he had sent a supportive letter to the Armenian lobby about the genocide(!) done by Turks at the beginig of 20th century.

You sound drunker then usual this morning PRO-fessor. Started the day with a cup of sour grapes I see.

Posted by Momma Dukes (Member # 14252) on :

you dont know how proud i am right now!
i been talking to my arabic friends on msn today and they are so happy and proud that american chose a man of his race religion and background and proved that we really arent racist haters.

i think that so much good is going to come from this...and also i know we are going to see america fixed up too....economy wise...he is proof that 'minorities' (i hate that word) actually can make something of themself.

he fought against so much! racism, assasination plots and i like a real brave fighter like that. he is what every man should be and also, he is the perfect family guy! he has his wife and lovely young children and is so real!

i hate polotics but i am so proud!

quote:
Hibbah and Millas,
I wasn't the one who was talking about the skin color matter. My words were just a reaction for one of the posters above as he was just mattering his being black.

Yes we had Kurdish originated president before. But I think after all those things done by PKK, it is more difficult now. IMO, there was no reason for hating the Afro-Americans, in the past, their only mistake was their skin color unfortunately, but you know the hidden hate of most of the Kurds for Turkish people and their support for the PKK who killed too many innocent people and babies.
So different things.

By the way, you know some Turks are anxious about Obama's presidency as he had sent a supportive letter to the Armenian lobby about the genocide(!) done by Turks at the beginig of 20th century.

OK Shah, I misunderstood you. I'm just excited. [Smile]

Do you think theres anyway that Obama could make everyone happy? You bring up the Armenian issue- someone is always going to be unhappy. But I believe hes better over all for the rest of the world.

Yep. The war is over after eight horrible years.
quote:
The civil war is over.

quote:
Originally posted by Millas:
quote:

Shahrzat,

I think you shouldn't talk about the subject you don't know much.In previous years,we had Kurdish originated president and ministers in Turkey.We still have Kurdish or Arab originated people in the cabinet.There is no problem about that,no discrimination.Turkey is not like USA,it has huge history,backgrounds.

Theres no discrimination in Turkey? Wow- what a piece of Jannah right here on Earth. [Big Grin]

Seriously, your response is a very typical one. No, Turkey ISN'T like the U.S.- in the U.S. we're allowed to criticize the Government, the founder of the country, our presidents, and insult any aspect of "Being American" that we want. In Turkey... whats the punishment for insulting Ataturk? Or for insulting "Turkishness"?

The U.S. has a great background as well. Its a piece of land thats been around just as long as Turkey has, and has been occupied by people for just as long as well. The Modern State of Turkey is MORE recent than that of the U.S.

I'm not interested in ministers or cabinet members- the U.S. even has Muslim congressmen now- I'm interested in Heads of States. When was your Kurdish President? Do you think thats going to happen again? Oh, and yeah- do you think a person with BLACK skin would ever become President?

But watchful for the double standard during his Presidency.

Also - we AA's should not take it personally when/if he is criticized. All President are criticized, comes with the job. Look at it objectively.

And remember it couldn't of happened without the help of white fellow Americans. Just as the abolishment of slavery.

Posted by Wolf Blitzer (Member # 14248) on :

quote:
You sound drunker then usual this morning PRO-fessor. Started the day with a cup of sour grapes I see.

and a huge slice of juicy humble pie to go along with it [Big Grin]

Hammer

We are all awaiting your concession speech [Razz]

Posted by publicly displayed (Member # 15908) on :

We will continue to support Israel in it's criminal occupation of Palestine, YES WE WILL.

We will remain in our bases in Iraq and continue our occupation of Afghanistan, YES WE WILL.

We will undermine democracy in Latin America and reassert our power to support our economic interest there, YES WE WILL.

We will undermine International Law and continue to have no regard for human rights, YES WE WILL.

The government will give money to the rich and tax the poor, YES WE WILL.

More laws will be introduced to infringe on civil liberties of the American People, YES WE WILL.

quote:
quote:

Shahrzat,

And how do those Kurdish and Arab origins within these politicians actually reverse or soothe the antagonism and strife between the ethnicities?

They bow down to Turk identity and allow their fellow Kurds and Arabs to be persecuted.

Yes the Ottoman history is vast and long, I read plenty of it. Mamluks in Cairo were beastly creatures, plenty to be proud about.

Just because the USA has 200 years of history and Turk history is several times that doesn't diminish how rapidly our political and social innovations has reshaped how the world views itself.

A long history of Turk imperialism and warfare doesn't take any of our dignity and appreciation for our accomplishments.

Millas I had appreciated many of your comments previously but this post of yours explain to me that Turks believe more in Turkishness than in Islam.

quote:
quote:
Hibbah and Millas,

So different things.

OK Shah, I misunderstood you. I'm just excited. [Smile]

Do you think theres anyway that Obama could make everyone happy? You bring up the Armenian issue- someone is always going to be unhappy. But I believe hes better over all for the rest of the world.

No problem Hibbah [Smile]

Yes he can not make him everybody happy at the same time. But for getting the votes of American Armenian, it was not good to dissappoint the most powerful strategic partner in Middle East.
About that genoicide, nobody can make any comments before searching the subject a lot, alot, a lot.. I accept that Turks killed a lot of Armenians, but Armenians killed too many Turks as well. So it was a kind of a civil war at that time..
So this is another subject and I wish Obama sucess [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by publicly displayed:
We will continue to support Israel in it's criminal occupation of Palestine, YES WE WILL.

Sorry, THATS the only one that will remain.

Damn, can the man actually GET into office before you hate?

quote:

We will remain in our bases in Iraq and continue our occupation of Afghanistan, YES WE WILL.

We will undermine democracy in Latin America and reassert our power to support our economic interest there, YES WE WILL.

We will undermine International Law and continue to have no regard for human rights, YES WE WILL.

More laws will be introduced to infringe on civil liberties of the American People, YES WE WILL.

Jealous we elected such a fine president or are you more sexually fustrated than usual?

When I woke my son this morning and told him Obama won, he hugged my neck. He is in second grade and he is convinced that his vote at school is what helped Obama win the election. [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR88Ncsq6GM

i love this man!!!!

i am so proud right now! i love a person who looks at the weak and the forgotten and uses them to make peace.

quote:
quote:

I don't hate him, I have no feelings about him personally, None whatsoever. I feel sorry for the American people who can not see straight any more.
After 8 years of embarrassment, a clown would've looked like a good alternative. It really is sad.

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
When I woke my son this morning and told him Obama won, he hugged my neck. He is in second grade and he is convinced that his vote at school is what helped Obama win the election. [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] Sweet. I just wanna walk around and hug people.

I'm at work- one of the girls here said that now that Obama is president- its the end of our freedom, and the begining of "the terrorists". Somebody save me. Why do I live in TX?

quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't hate him, I have no feelings about him personally, None whatsoever. I feel sorry for the American people who can not see straight any more.
After 8 years of embarrassment, a clown would've looked like a good alternative. It really is sad.

An Egyptian with a Cynical view of Government?!?!?! Whaaaaaa? [Eek!]

[Razz]

Only Nader Is Right on the Issues

By Chris Hedges

November 04, 2008 "Truthdig" -- - 11/03/08 -- Tomorrow I will go to a polling station in Princeton, N.J., and vote for Ralph Nader. I know the tired arguments against a Nader vote. He can’t win. A vote for Nader is a vote for McCain. He threw the election to George W. Bush in 2000. He is an egomaniac.

There is little disagreement among liberals and progressives about the Nader and Obama campaign issues. Nader would win among us in a landslide if this was based on issues. Sen. Barack Obama’s vote to renew the Patriot Act, his votes to continue to fund the Iraq war, his backing of the FISA Reform Act, his craven courting of the Israeli lobby, his support of the death penalty, his refusal to champion universal, single-payer not-for-profit health care for all Americans, his call to increase troop levels and expand the war in Afghanistan, his failure to call for a reduction in the bloated and wasteful defense spending and his lobbying for the huge taxpayer swindle known as the bailout are repugnant to most of us on the left. Nader stands on the other side of all those issues.

So if the argument is not about issues what is it about?

Those on the left who back Obama, although they disagree with much of what he promotes, believe they are choosing the practical over the moral. They see themselves as political realists. They fear John McCain and the Republicans. They believe Obama is better for the country. They are right. Obama is better. He is not John McCain. There will be under Obama marginal improvements for some Americans although the corporate state, as Obama knows, will remain our shadow government and the working class will continue to descend into poverty. Democratic administrations have, at least until Bill Clinton, been more receptive to social programs that provide benefits, better working conditions and higher wages. An Obama presidency, however, will make no difference to those in the Middle East.

I can’t join the practical. I spent two decades of my life witnessing the suffering of those on the receiving end of American power. I have stood over the rows of bodies, including women and children, butchered by Ronald Reagan’s Contra forces in Nicaragua. I have inspected the mutilated corpses dumped in pits outside San Salvador by the death squads. I have crouched in a concrete hovel as American-made F-16 fighter jets, piloted by Israelis, dropped 500- and 1,000-pound iron-fragmentation bombs on Gaza City.

I can’t join the practical because I do not see myself exclusively as an American. The narrow, provincial and national lines that divide cultures and races blurred and evaporated during the years I spent in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Balkans. I built friendships around a shared morality, not a common language, religion, history or tradition. I cannot support any candidate who does not call for immediate withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan and an end to Israeli abuse of Palestinians. We have no moral or legal right to debate the terms of the occupation. And we will recover our sanity as a nation only when our troops have left Iraq and our president flies to Baghdad, kneels before a monument to the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi war dead and asks for forgiveness.

We dismiss the suffering of others because it is not our suffering. There are between 600,000 and perhaps a million dead in Iraq. They died because we invaded and occupied their country. At least three Afghan civilians have died at the hands of the occupation forces for every foreign soldier killed this year. The dead Afghans include the 95 people, 60 of them children, killed by an air assault in Azizabad in August and the 47 wedding guests butchered in July during a bombardment in Nangarhar. The Palestinians are forgotten. Obama and McCain, courting the Israeli lobby, do not mention them. The 1.5 million Palestinians in Gaza live in a vast open-air prison. Supplies and food dribble through the Israeli blockade. Ninety-five percent of local industries have shut down. Unemployment is rampant. Childhood malnutrition has skyrocketed. A staggering 80 percent of families in Gaza are dependent on international food aid to survive.

It is bad enough that I pay taxes, although I will stop paying taxes if we go to war with Iran. It is bad enough that I have retreated into a safe, privileged corner of the globe, a product of industrialized wealth and militarism. These are enough moral concessions, indeed moral failings. I will not accept that the unlawful use of American military power be politely debated among us like the subtle pros and cons of tort law.

George Bush has shredded, violated or absented America from its obligations under international law. He has refused to sign the Kyoto Protocol, backed out of the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, tried to kill the International Criminal Court, walked out on negotiations on chemical and biological weapons and defied the Geneva Conventions and human rights law in the treatment of detainees in our offshore penal colonies. Most egregiously, he launched an illegal war in Iraq based on fabricated evidence we now know had been discredited even before it was made public. The president is guilty, in short, of what in legal circles is known as the “crime of aggression.”

The legacy of the Bush administration may be the codification of a world without treaties, statutes and laws. Bush may have bequeathed to us a world where any nation, from a rogue nuclear state to a great imperial power, will be able to invoke its domestic laws to annul its obligations to others. This new order will undo five decades of international cooperation—largely put in place by the United States—and thrust us into a Hobbesian nightmare. The exercise of power without law is tyranny.

If we demolish the fragile and delicate international order, if we do not restore a world where diplomacy, broad cooperation and the law are respected, we will see our moral and political authority disintegrate. We will erode the possibility of cooperation between nation-states, including our closest allies, and see visited upon us the evils we visit on others. Obama, like McCain, may tinker with this new world, but neither says they will dismantle it. Nader would.

Practical men and women do not stand up against injustice. The practical remain silent. A voice, even one voice, which speaks the truth and denounces injustice is never useless. It is not impractical. It reminds us of what we should strive to become. It defies moral concession after moral concession that leaves us chanting empty slogans.

When I sat on the summit of Mount Igman in my armored jeep, the engine idling, before nervously running the gantlet of Serb gunfire that raked the dirt road into the besieged city of Sarajevo, I never asked myself if what I was doing was practical. Forty-five foreign correspondents died in the city along with some 12,000 Bosnians, including 2,000 children. Some 50,000 people were wounded. Of the dead and wounded 85 percent were civilians. I drove down the slope into Sarajevo, which was being hit by 2,000 shells a day and under constant sniper fire, because what was happening there was a crime. I drove down because I had friends in the city. I did not want them to be alone. Their stories had become mine.

War, with all its euphemisms about surges and the escalation of troops and collateral damage, is not an abstraction to me. I am haunted by hundreds of memories of violence and trauma. I have abandoned, because I no longer cover these conflicts, many I care about. They live in Gaza, Baghdad, Jerusalem, Beirut, Kabul and Tehran. They cannot vote in our election. They will, however, bear the consequences of our decision. Some, if the wars continue, may be injured or killed. The quest for justice is not about being practical. It is required by the bonds we share. They would do no less for me.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:

[Big Grin] Sweet. I just wanna walk around and hug people.

I'm at work- one of the girls here said that now that Obama is president- its the end of our freedom, and the begining of "the terrorists". Somebody save me. Why do I live in TX?

ME 2!!!

I love real people and people who care more about others than riches and fame and status. this man is going to save this damn world.

but of course leave it to the southereners to hate him cuz he is black or muslim or whatever.

its those people who are tearing up this world not him.

i just pray he dont get assasinated OMG!

you should of saw me standing up cusisng and sptting at the tv when they had those KKK skinhead guys on air who plotted to kill him...see i dont understand them. they tell

you should of saw me standing up cusisng and sptting at the tv when they had those KKK skinhead guys on air who plotted to kill him...see i dont understand them. they tell

Posted by Cosmogirl (Member # 8748) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
congratulations Obama and America.

Morgan Feeman always did play the best prez [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ayish, Freeman is frequently cast as "God" as well.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Momma Dukes:
[QB] you should of saw me standing up cusisng and sptting at the tv when they had those KKK skinhead guys on air who plotted to kill him...see i dont understand them. they tell people to leave america who are of another race or religion yet where did their ancestors come from? EUROPE. their ancestor came over and killed my indian ones off to steal their land...so i tell them, go back where U came

so do you get conflicted sometimes- with your white, colonial ancestors taking on your indian ancestors? how has that shaped your life?

republicans still have the supreme court and the filibuster. In addition we are broke. Obama will be able to do very little.

quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
republicans still have the supreme court and the filibuster. In addition we are broke. Obama will be able to do very little.

Why are we broke Hammer? [Razz] You just said something different in another post, pre election. [Roll Eyes]

gold, The baby boomers started retirng this year. The make up fully one third of the population here. By the time that process is complete there will be no money for any other programs, including national defense. Even the most conservative economists say it is a disaster waiting to happen. One third of the population about to retire and nothing in the SS fund except IOU's.
We are entering an era of austerity that will last for a least twenty years. People have been saying for years that this was coming and we did nothing but bicker, republicans and democrats alike.
President Obama will end up being our most conservative administration since Eisenhower or Kennedy. Many of our social programs will have to be ended.

We are about to pay the price for our irresponible spending over the past 62 years.

Posted by Myra Wysinger (Member # 10126) on :

quote:
quote:
quote:

Shahrzat,

Theres no discrimination in Turkey? Wow- what a piece of Jannah right here on Earth. [Big Grin]

Seriously, your response is a very typical one. No, Turkey ISN'T like the U.S.- in the U.S. we're allowed to criticize the Government, the founder of the country, our presidents, and insult any aspect of "Being American" that we want. In Turkey... whats the punishment for insulting Ataturk? Or for insulting "Turkishness"?

The U.S. has a great background as well. Its a piece of land thats been around just as long as Turkey has, and has been occupied by people for just as long as well. The Modern State of Turkey is MORE recent than that of the U.S.

I'm not interested in ministers or cabinet members- the U.S. even has Muslim congressmen now- I'm interested in Heads of States. When was your Kurdish President? Do you think thats going to happen again? Oh, and yeah- do you think a person with BLACK skin would ever become President?

Yes,no discrimination [Confused]
Insulting someone or something is your way of life.We all have respect for our values and other people’s values.Everybody can criticize Ataturk or Turkishness but noone has a right to insult.You can insult any aspect of being American but can you tell me what being American is? Is American a name of nation,race or only a geogprahical name.Was there anthing like America,American 200 or 300 hundred years ago?History of Turks goes back to thousand years ago. I don’t mean only the modern state of Turkey.It is the result of thousand years of Turkish history.
Turkey’s second and 9th president were from Kurdish origin.Yes ,I think this can be at any time in the future again.Kurds or any other races have the same rights with any other ethnicities.But I don’t think a person with black skin would become president, because Turkey doesn’t have a large population of black skin like in America.Turks don’t like slavery in history as well.

quote:
gold, The baby boomers started retirng this year. The make up fully one third of the population here. By the time that process is complete there will be no money for any other programs, including national defense. Even the most conservative economists say it is a disaster waiting to happen. One third of the population about to retire and nothing in the SS fund except IOU's.
We are entering an era of austerity that will last for a least twenty years. People have been saying for years that this was coming and we did nothing but bicker, republicans and democrats alike.
President Obama will end up being our most conservative administration since Eisenhower or Kennedy. Many of our social programs will have to be ended.

We are about to pay the price for our irresponible spending over the past 62 years.

Shaddup!
You're ignant and have NO idea of what you are talking about.

Posted by barefoot.contessa (Member # 13918) on :

History being made friends! [Smile]

^^^^ Ditto, what maninarmer said!

Posted by Sharona (Member # 15768) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:

Love it [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
after all he has a Arabic name as well ;)whoopie
The hebrew word Barak means thunder or lightning, perhaps anciently shortened from the Ba-ra-ka which was obviously derived from the ancient egyptian sun worship of Atum Ra (Adam of the book of Genesis actually)so the Hebrews, worshipping the creator God of the Bible, saw that the fire of lightning was like the fire of the sun, and so, the name Baraka, meaning soul double of the sun, became Barak, meaning thunder of lightning, as the Jews general did not like to worship the sun.
Go Go Go thunder light [Big Grin]

quote:
quote:
quote:

Shahrzat,

And how do those Kurdish and Arab origins within these politicians actually reverse or soothe the antagonism and strife between the ethnicities?

They bow down to Turk identity and allow their fellow Kurds and Arabs to be persecuted.

Yes the Ottoman history is vast and long, I read plenty of it. Mamluks in Cairo were beastly creatures, plenty to be proud about.

Just because the USA has 200 years of history and Turk history is several times that doesn't diminish how rapidly our political and social innovations has reshaped how the world views itself.

A long history of Turk imperialism and warfare doesn't take any of our dignity and appreciation for our accomplishments.

Millas I had appreciated many of your comments previously but this post of yours explain to me that Turks believe more in Turkishness than in Islam.

There is nothing like Turkish imperialism.If so, half of the world would be Ottoman or Turkish originated.Turks learnt imperialism,colonialism from the West and America.
Excuse me but 200 years of history is so young for Turks.Look at the world generally,there is war,poverty,occupation,atrocity etc. everywhere, this is the result of your political and social innovations.You should read and understand more about Ottoman and Turkish history.
Except a small minority,there is no problem about Turkish identity.
Mamluks were the mixed slavery people composed from Turks,Arabs,Mongols etc.
Islam is the character of Turkisness.Being Islam is the necessity of being Turks for most people.Being Islam is always first.

Yes!!! Let's prevent him from doing anything good policy or not. Too hell with country-first.

Wonder who is the real patriot. Who really cares about this country.

quote:

And next step I hope a Muslim president for America after Barrack HUSSEIN Obama. [Big Grin]

quote:
And next step I hope a Muslim president for America after Barrack HUSSEIN Obama. [Big Grin]

Maybe he is already here [Wink]

xyyman, The fact that we put the country first is why we will block many, not all, of the things he wants to do.
When we think he is wrong why should we not try to block him? That is the way the system works.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shahrzat,

Yes,no discrimination [Confused]
Insulting someone or something is your way of life.We all have respect for our values and other people’s values.Everybody can criticize Ataturk or Turkishness but noone has a right to insult.You can insult any aspect of being American but can you tell me what being American is? Is American a name of nation,race or only a geogprahical name.Was there anthing like America,American 200 or 300 hundred years ago?History of Turks goes back to thousand years ago. I don’t mean only the modern state of Turkey.It is the result of thousand years of Turkish history.
Turkey’s second and 9th president were from Kurdish origin.Yes ,I think this can be at any time in the future again.Kurds or any other races have the same rights with any other ethnicities.But I don’t think a person with black skin would become president, because Turkey doesn’t have a large population of black skin like in America.Turks don’t like slavery in history as well.

Just because someone has the same rights doesn't mean that discrimination doesn't exist.

I'm really tired of hearing people try and make out that their countries are some how better than the united states because "its only existed for 200 years" or "americans don't have a culture".

Thats an extremely ignorant statement to make, and its very basic, anti american propaganda. And its VERY common coming from Muslim countries- which is funny, considering how much more freedom a Muslim has in the United States than in most Muslim countries. How recently did Turkey allow Hijab in public schools or in the parliament?

You think the United States just popped up as a land mass in 1776? Don't you know that people inhabited these lands since God knows when? Its insulting to Indigenous People- THEY established societies, cultures, and civilizations. Just because you don't study them in your history- just because they were alientated from the eastern hemisphere- does not make their history any less important. Some of the greatest civilizations in the world were established in the Americas- the Aztecs, Mayans, Incans...

What, do you think that Turkey today is somehow an accurate representation of the Ottoman Empire? Do you think that Turkey today is filled with real "Turks", or is your country filled with people whose ancestors have mixed with people from all over the world?

Americans have an AMAZING culture- filled with diversity, and spurred on by some of the greatest minds of western liberal thought. Its a GOOD thing that I can American, and I don't have to be blonde, and Christian, and whatever else. What makes an American is ones belief in the ideals of the constitution and our democracy- NOT outdated, backward conceptions of Race.

Discrimination exists everywhere, even in Turkey. Laws prohibiting such do not eliminate racism or discrimination.

So the 2nd and 9th president? Call me crazy, but that sounds like quite a while ago. You're not going to have a Kurdish Head of State- not for a very long time.

I'm sorry, I appreciate Shahrazats answer- at least she was honest.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Yep. The war is over after eight horrible years.
quote:
The civil war is over.

How do you feel today Tony? [Smile] [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Yes!!! Let's prevent him from doing anything good policy or not. Too hell with country-first.

Wonder who is the real patriot. Who really cares about this country.

quote:

Sore Losers. [Big Grin]

Oh it burns it burns!!! [Razz]

Posted by Nile-Hilton (Member # 15625) on :

he did it:)

quote:
Originally posted by Nile-Hilton:

where you been [Big Grin] forgot what name to use today Rofl [Big Grin]

Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come

Hammer,

The election is over, the result is now known
The will of the people has clearly been shown.
Let's dump all our quarrels, and show by our deeds
that we'll give our leader all the help that he needs.

So let's get together, let bitterness pass
I'll hug your elephant; you kiss my ass. [Big Grin]

quote:
Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come

mmmmmmm Beautiful. Thanks. [Smile]

Just because someone has the same rights doesn't mean that discrimination doesn't exist.

I'm really tired of hearing people try and make out that their countries are some how better than the united states because "its only existed for 200 years" or "americans don't have a culture".

Thats an extremely ignorant statement to make, and its very basic, anti american propaganda. And its VERY common coming from Muslim countries- which is funny, considering how much more freedom a Muslim has in the United States than in most Muslim countries. How recently did Turkey allow Hijab in public schools or in the parliament?

You think the United States just popped up as a land mass in 1776? Don't you know that people inhabited these lands since God knows when? Its insulting to Indigenous People- THEY established societies, cultures, and civilizations. Just because you don't study them in your history- just because they were alientated from the eastern hemisphere- does not make their history any less important. Some of the greatest civilizations in the world were established in the Americas- the Aztecs, Mayans, Incans...

What, do you think that Turkey today is somehow an accurate representation of the Ottoman Empire? Do you think that Turkey today is filled with real "Turks", or is your country filled with people whose ancestors have mixed with people from all over the world?

Americans have an AMAZING culture- filled with diversity, and spurred on by some of the greatest minds of western liberal thought. Its a GOOD thing that I can American, and I don't have to be blonde, and Christian, and whatever else. What makes an American is ones belief in the ideals of the constitution and our democracy- NOT outdated, backward conceptions of Race.

Discrimination exists everywhere, even in Turkey. Laws prohibiting such do not eliminate racism or discrimination.

So the 2nd and 9th president? Call me crazy, but that sounds like quite a while ago. You're not going to have a Kurdish Head of State- not for a very long time.

I'm sorry, I appreciate Shahrazats answer- at least she was honest.
quote:

I think, for being honest you need to hear or see whatever you want.Yes [Razz] second and 9th president and now Turkey has its 11th president,very short time...
No I don't think Turkey is filled with real Turks but I think Turkey is filled with the people who consider themselves pure Turks and they have really a huge history,culture and so on whatever you think for a huge civilisation.Ottoman empire somehow didn't come from the space, did it?
Ofcourse there were inhabitants of America,American Indians,Aztecs,Maya, and their civilisations,What happened to them?or What did you do to them? where are they and their civilisations?
I didn't say Americans don't have a culture.I only stated that there was nothing like that 2oo years ago.It is a fact,isn't it? What bothers you with that fact?

Posted by Lumos' (Member # 16045) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Nile-Hilton:

[Wink] [Razz]

Photobucket

Float On....

Photobucket

Photobucket

EXPRESS YOURSELF !!!

Photobucket
I Don't Know Why I Love You - Stevie Wonder

Photobucket
Loving You - Minnie Riperton

Photobucket

Posted by Vader (Member # 14189) on :

I think we get the general idea here.

Photobucket

Way Back When - Brenda Russell

quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
I think we get the general idea here.

Oh yeah? What is it?

quote:

Republicans have very little. The country has spoken and we are sick of the republican agenda. Where's the humble pie?? Concession speech???Remember what you always told us-you will give your full support to whatever president is elected like a "True American and a Patriot" [Razz] .

Now your talking about us being broke when you told me I was a left wing looney, we werent in economic problems, and definitely not heading into a recession [Roll Eyes] . Seems like your 2 years of talking smack just was that - you cant swallow the hard pill can ya hammer??? [Big Grin]

quote:

That will actually never happen because America is a country that seperates church and state. There are way too many religions here and it really would be conflictive to have a Muslim run a western country .

However your vision is nice, what will hopefully come of this is more of a tolerance towards ALL and understanding that Islam does not =" terrorism" just like Black does not = "Gangsta". I have great hopes and dreams-hammer calls me "Utopian" and I am proud he does.. [Smile]

The next step is a woman in the Oval Office [Big Grin]

Rummy, we give our support to the new administration but we are the opposition and it is our job to oppose all of his policies that we think are harmful to the nation. keep in mind that 46% of the American people, 60 million voters, did not vote for Obama and they expect us to do everything we can to block those things that we find are harmful.
Have you been on mars the past eight years? The democrats fought President Bush to the bitter end, we will do the same.
The Republicans in Congress still have the numbers to block much of what Obama tries to do if it is too far out of line. In addition conservatives control the courts and will for some years to come.

quote:
Rummy, we give our support to the new administration but we are the opposition and it is our job to oppose all of his policies that we think are harmful to the nation. keep in mind that 46% of the American people, 60 million voters, did not vote for Obama and they expect us to do everything we can to block those things that we find are harmful.
Have you been on mars the past eight years? The democrats fought President Bush to the bitter end, we will do the same.
The Republicans in Congress still have the numbers to block much of what Obama tries to do if it is too far out of line. In addition conservatives control the courts and will for some years to come.

No they dont. Do you know how many seats republicans lost here in CT alone? Chris shay's loss was so embarrassing for him he was crying on TV. You don't have any kind of idea what is really going on. Besides why would republicans continue to embarrass themselves any further?

They now see their astounding loss of republican supporters -they want to keep office so they will do what the majority wants-and the democrats are now the majority.

Eating humble pie sucks doesnt it??? [Razz]

Another thought- you red's in texas and the south must be shytting yourselves over the idea that a black man is going to be president [Big Grin]

You and your KKK buddies are probably popping nitro tabs and xanax like crazy,lol.

I love Irony.... [Big Grin]

Indeed!
Demand is way up, and Prozac is in short supply.

Happy to see that Rush Limbaugh is damn near unemployed.

quote:

Those 46 million,not 60, are all residing in southern states, and the midwest. About 80% only voted for mcain because they are ignorant and prejudice and they dont want a black man in office. That's it, no other reason dont kid yourself. The republican party issues were the last thing they cared about [Roll Eyes]

You block things you find harmful??? It never ceases to amaze me that someone actually allows you to teach Hammer. You dont call driving the economy into a recession harmful??? You dont call a false and endless war harmful??? You dont call a 710 billion dollar tax payer loan to the idiots on wall street harmful [Roll Eyes] ?? You dont call almost 5.00/gal for gas harmful???

What exactly do you consider "harmful" hammer???

No Rummy and I find your arrogance unreal. Who gave you an exclusive on truth? First of all people all over America voted for john McCain including millions in California, Pennsylvania, Ohio etc.
Secondly, the war is not going to end. We were right on the war and obama is already starting to adjust his position, he has no choice. The Democratic congressed PASSED the wall street bail out Rummy, they are the only ones who could. I paid 2.16 for gas this morning, not 5.00. In fact, I have never paid 5 bucks.

You are one of those arrogant individals who do not let facts get in the way of your point of view.

Yes, we will oppose Obama and we will block much of what he wants to do when we think it is in the best interest of the American people.

You are saying I should not be allowed to teach because I do not agree with Obama on every issue, what a strange person you are.

LOL, you couldn't tell a FACT from a Martian. The two are both alien to you.
You have an OPINION, which I suppose is better then NOTHING at all, but your opinions are never substantiated by facts, making them less then worthless.
Let's recap;
you were wrong about Rudy. Dead wrong
you were wrong about the economy. Dead wrong
you were wrong about Obama being able to win. Dead wrong.

In 9/10 of your OPINIONS, you have been dead wrong. You no longer have even a sliver of credibility.
I'd like to take you to the boxing match with me and let you pick a winner. With your record all I need do is bet against you pick and easily become a billionaire, becuase not only are you wrong, you are consistently wrong, damn near without fail.

Posted by Egor (Member # 15883) on :

How about Palin, what is she? It gives new meaning to "She has more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined."

The latest news is the rift between Palin and the McCain people was because of her astounding lack of basic knowledge.

For example, the McCain people were appalled to discover she didn't even know Africa was a continent -- she thought it was a series of countries.

She didn't even know the countries in NAFTA.

The list goes on and on.

How do these yahoos reconcile that?

They don't.

The Bush disaster means nothing to these people. They'd vote Bozo the Clown president over a black man just as long as Bozo is Republican. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Yes, we will oppose Obama and we will block much of what he wants to do when we think it is in the best interest of the American people.
Hammer, This is the opposite of what you have been saying for the last year. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
You are one of those arrogant individals who do not let facts get in the way of your point of view.
...and this is my line that you are using. [Wink]

Egor, Here is a clip from FOX supporting what you just said about Palin. clip from The O'Reilly Factor

Gold, Rummy was wanting to say that because Republicans were now in the opposition that we should just roll over and go along with everything the new administration wants to do. You know that is now how it works. the Dems savaged george bush every chance they had.
It is our duty to those whjo support us to stand up for the principles we believe in and TO THE EXTENT that we can make sure those are not violated.

The Palin thing is more complicated than that.
After Mitt Romney dropped out of the race many of his top aides went to work for McCain. Sarah palin is massivly popular with the republican base and is a serious contender, if not the early favorite, for the 2012 nomination. That squabble had more to do with 2012 politics than anything else. There is no question that the two factions did not get along.
For one thing Palin is very very strong willed and demanding person. She is not the sweet little lady she seems to be but she is a very effective politican.

On Cnn, they said that theres a rumor going around that Sarah Palin might run for Senator- as soon as that other clown gets kicked out- and an emergency election is set up to fill his seat.

Man, Alaskans have great taste.

Hi Hibbah,

Your mailbox is full. [Smile]

It's going great! There is a wind of change in my country. Her people are taking it back. [Big Grin] [Wink]

wow, thats a small mailbox [Smile]

I know- hurray! People are such downers though- I wish I could tell you all of the crazy, illogical crap I've been hearing from people who didn't support Obama.

Its the end of the world, dont ya know.

quote:
On Cnn, they said that theres a rumor going around that Sarah Palin might run for Senator- as soon as that other clown gets kicked out- and an emergency election is set up to fill his seat.

Man, Alaskans have great taste.

The rumor is Palin will have her second APPOINT her into the role. That way she doesn't have to actual run and win the slot.

Palin is through. She won't be back in 2012. There is no way she would come close to winning against Obama or even Hillary Clinton.
You can stick a fork in Palin. She's thru in the big time.
Her future is probably as a lobbist for big oil.

Hibbah, First of all ladies we have no idea what the political climate will be like in 2012.
Palin will most likely end up with the Senate seat.

Don't let them get you down Hibbah. Ride the wave. [Big Grin]

Group *hug* everyone! [Smile]
Come on Hammer, put your weapon down and *hug* with us. Obama is your president too. [Smile]

He sure did [Smile]

hug and a kiss girls.

You know expectations on this deal are waaaay to high. Obama has a very difficult job. The mideast is not going to turn into paradise because he was elected. Iran is not going to change their policy.
The Russians have a brutal, yet dynamic leader. Putin is going to challenge us and will be very difficult to control. Enjoy your victory but just remember that four short years ago we were celebrating as well. Enjoy your win but prepare for difficult times.

Donal Trump was not a George Bush fan but his said last night, "It will be awhile but the Republicans will be back."

^ Not if King Barack makes some BRIGHT policy changes before he leaves. [Wink]

http://play.rbn.com/?url=demnow/demnow/demand/2008/nov/video/dnB20081106a.rm&proto=rtsp&start=09:55

JOHN PILGER: Well, my response, Amy, is that really anyone was better than Bush and the Bush administration. Having experienced election night in the United States and then seeing the response here, I feel that it’s time that analysis and critical thinking took over and that those of us who wish to think that way, who wish to think critically, really should start addressing the—this rather manipulated emotional response. I don’t, in any way, cast doubt on the sincerity of the way people are speaking about the election of Obama around the world, although I think the reaction that you just played from the Middle East is rather more near the realism that is close to truth. But I do think we have to consider President-elect Obama as a man of the system.

Michael Moore had it right when he said the other day, let’s hope that Obama breaks all his election promises, as politicians generally do, because all his election promises, in terms of foreign policy, are a continuation of business as usual. And even if there is a return to what used to be called a multilateral world, I think there has to be critical analysis of the return to the pretensions of America as a peacemaker around the world. We had to endure this, and I mean endure it during the Clinton years, and I don’t think that we, in the rest of the world, ought to have to endure it now through the Obama years, so that we have a continuation, if you like, of liberalism as a divisive, almost war-making ideology, being used to destroy liberalism as a reality, because that has gone on under so-called liberal presidents, from Kennedy to Clinton, Democratic presidents. And President-elect Obama suggests to us, in his promises, that he is going to continue that, bombing Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Someone said to me—in fact, I was talking to my daughter when I got off the plane from Houston this morning, and she was—said, “What was it like over there?” And we were discussing it, and I said, “Well, it comes down to, I suppose, asking an Afghan child how they feel when their family has been destroyed by a 500-pound bunker-busting bomb dropped by the United States and dropped by President Obama, as he continues that war. I think that’s the reality that we really have to begin to discuss now, having celebrated, and rightly celebrated, the ascent of the first African American president of the United States.

JUAN GONZALEZ: And, John Pilger, what sign would you look for in these early days now, as Obama begins to move to a—in a transition period, that would indicate to you that he may be—he would be trying to break, in one way or other, from this neoliberalism of the Clinton years?

JOHN PILGER: Well, it’s difficult to know. Breaking from the Bush years is going to be the first, and I suppose breaking from the Bush years means actually talking to people and negotiating. I think breaking from, let’s say, the Democratic years—the Bush, yes—the Clinton years will mean giving us a sign that the ideological, rapacious, war-making machine that has been built over many years and reinforced, as perhaps never before during the eight years of Bush, that that ideological machine does not transcend a loss of electoral power. You see, that’s really the central issue here, that a kind of ideological consensus has been built under Bush. Now, yes, Obama has been voted in, but will that vote, will that—will a new president transcend the—this ideological machine?

Between—you know, during the campaign, there was almost nothing between McCain and Obama in foreign policy. Indeed, Obama went further. I mean, he even declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel. He threatened Latin America. He, at times, seemed to be going further than Bush. And, of course, people, realists, the so-called realists, would shake their heads and say, “Well, yes, he has to do that.”

Look, in answer to your question, I think he has to—in order to show that he is in any way different, he has to start dismantling this machine, for example, going against his promise to continue the embargo on Cuba, to drop that; to reach out to the governments of Venezuela and Bolivia and Ecuador, each of which is under attack, subversive attack by the United States; to face the reality that Afghanistan is a colonial war; and to not let the so-called withdrawal from Iraq be a sham, that it leaves these so-called enduring bases. That, any one of those, any change in one of those, would indicate that Obama is truly different.

AMY GOODMAN: We’re talking to John Pilger. His latest book, Freedom Next Time: Resisting the Empire; his latest film, The War on Democracy. When we come back, we’ll continue on our journey around the world, getting reaction to the new president of the United States, the President-elect, Barack Obama. This is Democracy Now! Back in a minute.

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/11/6/president_elect_obama_and_the_future

I heart democracy now.

Obama's foreign policy isn't ideal- Ron Pauls foreign policy was hot- but doesn't matter, because Ron Paul was never going to get elected.

I still believe Obama will be a better President for this country in regards to our relationship with the rest of the world.

And ya know- there are other issues than foreign policy that people base their vote on.

Posted by Vader (Member # 14189) on :

I wanted Ron Paul to be president, but Obama is the next best thing I guess. [Big Grin]

quote:

And ya know- there are other issues than foreign policy that people base their vote on.

"And President-elect Obama suggests to us, in his promises, that he is going to continue that, bombing Pakistan and Afghanistan." John Pilger

quote:
quote:

"And President-elect Obama suggests to us, in his promises, that he is going to continue that, bombing Pakistan and Afghanistan." John Pilger
Uh, again, there are OTHER issues that people base their votes on- including me. Foreign policy is not all consuming. People have to worry about domestic issues, which are usually more pressing, i.e.- my hand just got cut off but I can't afford health insurance.

And the person you are quoting is incorrect.

Obama has said the opposite. He's criticized Bush's approach in the region, and said that he would PULL BACK on the use of airstrikes in the region, because of all of the civilian casualties, and would instead put more troops there.

Something to criticize is the fact that he said he would enter Pakistan with force if it meant finding Osama Bin Laden and stopping Al Quaeda.

The fact remains that Obama's position towards other nations is a MUCH more conducive one- hes repeatedly stated that he believes in diplomacy, and would resort to that before anything else.

Stop haaaaating! No one is saying he's the reincarnation of Jesus Christ- we're saying he's AWESOME compared to the crap we've been getting.

his two major problems are Iran and Russia.

Posted by unfinished thought (Member # 15848) on :

Obama faces huge problems but we must pray for him as we ALL have a huge stake in his success

Iran is no problem. They are a tiny little nation whose sole importance to the US are oil shipping lanes and the divide and conquer mentality of US conservatives.
Iran is no more a threat to the US then is Cuba. Only dumb Republican politics have amplified both beyond their true importance.

Russia is no threat either.
I recommend to Obama that he make Israel deal with Russia in return for continued US support. It's about time Israel earned their keep.

quote:
quote:

That will actually never happen because America is a country that seperates church and state. There are way too many religions here and it really would be conflictive to have a Muslim run a western country .

However your vision is nice, what will hopefully come of this is more of a tolerance towards ALL and understanding that Islam does not =" terrorism" just like Black does not = "Gangsta". I have great hopes and dreams-hammer calls me "Utopian" and I am proud he does.. [Smile]

The next step is a woman in the Oval Office [Big Grin]

Yes ,a woman is also a good idea for White House. [Wink] But let me say everything is possible in this world, we cannot say 'never happen',I think.Who could imagine or howmany people could imagine that Mr.President Barrack Obama will be president one day.
America is a country that seperates church and state but is it an obstacle for people to be Muslim or Christian?State can be secular but this is not valid or acceptable for statesman, politicians.So we can imagine a black,a woman,a Muslim as well for US presidency.I have a dreamm... [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
I wanted Ron Paul to be president, but Obama is the next best thing I guess. [Big Grin]

Me too. Unfortunately Ron Paul is not black.

You never heard the other social portions of Ron Paul's plans. Paul has links with Texas militia who are known to be active Klansmen and not nice people like Rev.Wright.

quote:
You never heard the other social portions of Ron Paul's plans. Paul has links with Texas militia who are known to be active Klansmen and not nice people like Rev.Wright.

Exactly Right. Ron Paul may be the only candidate to openly criticize Israel and to have such an appealing foreign policy- but the guys a nut job.

quote:

Ron Paul is not associated or has not invited endorsements from any KKK. The man is principled and there is a reason behind his stands. Paul has attracted a lot of unfavory supporters, but that was not his fault. No blame attaches to him for it.

Now why is Ron Paul recieved such sentiments when he doesn't endorse the views of those who claim he does. I wonder if I was to create a forum/site expressing hate for Jews and whites or maybe even religious fundimental hatred towards a certain religious group and add a link to Gulianis, or Hillary Clinton's campaign site would the same backlash happen?

99% of the Ron Paul supporters are not 'nazis'. The media was desperate to defame ron paul. He would have made a great president.

You may not understand this, but most of the reforms Paul preached are the same as those preached by the Klan, Nazis, and to a lesser degree, skin heads.
Abolishment of the Federal Reserve because it is a Jewish construct.
Abolishment of Aid to Israel because they are who control the FED, etc.

Today, many militia groups separate themselves from the Klan because the Klan has a filthy image attached to them.
They instead move to less tarnished orgs that share the same overall visions but are more mainstream, like the White Christian Council, or The John Burch Society, ect.
They drop the name, KKK, but retain the same ideals and goals. They are rampid in Paul's area of Texas.

quote:
we're saying he's AWESOME compared to the crap we've been getting.

That's exactly my point.

By the way I seldom fully read anyone's posts and I think that's why for the longest time I did not understand why many members had problems discussing issues with you. I now understand.

quote:
quote:

That's exactly my point.
Well Ok then. [Smile] I don't think you had to work that hard to try and convince us- I doubt anyone here is under the impression that he's perfect. [Smile] He's just sexy. ::Flower::

Ouch. Whys that?

November 5, 2008

US Ambassador Ryan Crocker said today that the United States’ general policy towards Iraq will not change after the election of Democratic Party nominee Barack Obama to be the next President of the United States.

U.S. will not change policy towards Iraq, world

President-elect Obama initially spoke of a 16 month plan to withdraw American combat forces from Iraq, he later clarified that with numerous pre-conditions which made it more of a best-case scenario. Eventually, Obama was praising the “success” of the surge and the differences between his position and that of the current administration were unclear at best.

But who cares? He's black, and in hibbah's words 'sexy' and that's all that matters. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by unfinished thought:
November 5, 2008

US Ambassador Ryan Crocker said today that the United States’ general policy towards Iraq will not change after the election of Democratic Party nominee Barack Obama to be the next President of the United States.

U.S. will not change policy towards Iraq, world

President-elect Obama initially spoke of a 16 month plan to withdraw American combat forces from Iraq, he later clarified that with numerous pre-conditions which made it more of a best-case scenario. Eventually, Obama was praising the “success” of the surge and the differences between his position and that of the current administration were unclear at best.

But who cares? He's black, and in hibbah's words 'sexy' and that's all that matters. [Roll Eyes]

Wow- you're really upset about this guy being black. [Confused]

Or maybe it is you who is obsessed with his color.

quote:
quote:

That's exactly my point.

By the way I seldom fully read anyone's posts and I think that's why for the longest time I did not understand why many members had problems discussing issues with you. I now understand.

How do you KNOW he is 'AWESOME'?

Judging from your comments you couldn't care less about Obama's policies, and I doubt you have any idea what those are.

If you voted for Obama because he is black and "sexy" you are a foolish reverse racist.

quote:
quote:
quote:

That's exactly my point.

How do you KNOW he is 'AWESOME'?

Judging from your comments you couldn't care less about Obama's policies, and I doubt you have any idea what those are.

If you voted for Obama because he is black and "sexy" you are a foolish reverse racist.

So I guess I was right about that Neo-Nazi thing.

[Big Grin] "reverse racist" THATS not a dead give away. [Wink]

And stop pretending like you have the ability to make a judgement CopyPaste.

You didn't answer my question chickenhead. How do you "know" he is awesome?

Oh never mind, you've already answered that

quote:
I don't think you had to work that hard to try and convince us- I doubt anyone here is under the impression that he's perfect. [Smile] He's just sexy. ::Flower::

"Awesome" or competent is a relative term.
In relation to Bush (either one), Ronald Reagan, or even Clinton, Barack Obama is a super qualified individual and the whole world seems to recognize this vast potential.

quote:
You didn't answer my question chickenhead. How do you "know" he is awesome?

Oh never mind, you've already answered that

quote:
I don't think you had to work that hard to try and convince us- I doubt anyone here is under the impression that he's perfect. [Smile] He's just sexy. ::Flower::

You're just filled with riveting posts today unoriginal thought.

Go find some articles about "THE MAN WHO COULDN'T SMELL HIS OWN FEET" and such- they suit you much better- you get yourself in trouble when you actually try to formulate an opinion.

quote:
"Awesome" or competent is a relative term.
In relation to Bush (either one), Ronald Reagan, or even Clinton, Barack Obama is a super qualified individual and the whole world seems to recognize this vast potential.

Because its true. His education alone speaks volumes- columbia undergrad, harvard law, and the harvard review for goodness sakes, his volunteer efforts, his community organizing efforts, the career path he chose- giving up the most prestigious law firms in the world to pursue civil rights, his demeanor, his ability to inspire people, his ideals, his platform, his ability to create dialogue.

People hate him without even looking at his ideas, or what he represents. But thats expected, no one is going to be loved by all. And some people are just cynical.

^ Right, and to run someone like Sarah Palin & McCain against him really should be interpreted as an insult, yet these LOW caliber people received ~40% of the vote.
and let's not even mention the former crack head & alcoholic, George Bush, Jr.
That speaks volumes about the insane mentality of many white Americans.

You are nothing but a bigot hibbah. You say that you are repulsed by George Bush's policies but when democrats stress that Obama will not change policy towards Iraq, world, your reaction is 'I don't care' 'He is hot' 'He is sexy' 'he is black'. You didn't vote Obama because of his ideas, you voted him because you thought it was 'cool' to see a black president with a middle name 'Hussein'.

LOL, don't get mad.

Many white women think Obama is a good looking man.
He and I have that in common, so I too know what it's like to be hated on by white men merely because of the blessings mother nature has graced us with.

Posted by Alive-(What Box) (Member # 10819) on :

[Smile] ^ co-sign.

Shes insane, ignore her. She has the intellectual capacity of a night school reject. And shes a Neo Nazi Islamphobe. Shes running a crusade against the Muslim infidels in the Religion section [Big Grin]

Posted by Nine (Member # 17234) on :

quote:

[Big Grin]

Posted by TigerLily (Member # 3567) on :

quote:

So true!!!!!!!!

Posted by 'Shahrazat (Member # 12769) on :

Wow !! What a nostalgia !! [Big Grin]

Posted by metinoot (Member # 17031) on :

quote:
Originally posted by TigerLily:
quote:

So true!!!!!!!!
Oh so when will Germany have its next hitler?

Whats the chance you'd vote for the leader of the 4th Reich?

Posted by metinoot (Member # 17031) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Nine:
quote:

[Big Grin]
8 years in the illiterate desert licking asses of camel herders, did you ever overhear, read or instigate conversation with the camel herders to take direct action to free the Palestinians?

Posted by Hammer (Member # 17003) on :

Obama is being seen increasingly as weak. He has lost support among independents and has an approval number which has fallen below the support he got in the election. He has a 60 vote majority and cannot pass any of his programs.
The Democrats are going to get hit hard in next years mid term elections which will make Obama a lame duck during his last two years.
Most of the people I work with are liberals and the view is that Obama seems lost. Look for a one term predoidency.

I agree with you, Hammer. I doubted that whole Obama hype since the very beginning.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com