This is topic frying chicken and fish in forum Eat like an Egyptian at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=006348

Posted by MrMoussaka (Member # 17647) on :

Hi. Could someone please post something on frying chicken and fish in the Egyptian(or any other Middle Eastern style)? Also, the last time I fried these 2 on 2 separate occassions, I think I may have left then in the pan for too long and they became tough

Anyway, I once went to a Lebanese restaurant and was served fried chicken there that was just superb. Having a huge passion for fish such as trevally, bream, blue grenadier and others, I also would like to learn how to fry this in the Arabic style. I'm South-east Asian, but I do have this strong passion for Arabic cuisine

Any offers of advise would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance!
MrMoussaka

Posted by Chef Mick (Member # 11209) on :

come over to egyptalk.com...thats where we all are these days....there is no spam and we are loving the new forum

Posted by seraphim67 (Member # 19260) on :

MrMoussaka, I know what you're talking about. Lebanese fried chicken/fish is DELICIOUS!

I don't know much about how to cook their cuisine though but here's the worldwide secret to the perfect fry: HOT OIL. If you can maintain the temperature of your oil while frying, you can just fry your food for about 5-8 minutes tops and you'll get that perfect crispy outside, juicy inside combo. Guaranteed!

Posted by MrMoussaka (Member # 17647) on :

Thanks for that Seraphim67. Let's hope that I don't end up putting another rock on my plate, instead of an actual, real chicken dish(*sighs/laughter*)

Posted by Egmond Codfried (Member # 15683) on :

Leaving the chicken overnight in the marinade will soften it. Turks seem to precook thighs for five minutes before roasting. The chicken has to be defrozen, first very hot oil for the crust, and next lower the temprature. I am always experimenting and now cover the lid of the pan, wrap it in a cloth, so the condensed steam does not fall into the oil. Heat stays in and you fry away faster, and cleaner.

Posted by sveno (Member # 22791) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
Leaving the chicken overnight in the marinade will soften it. Turks seem to precook thighs for five minutes before roasting. The chicken has to be defrozen, first very hot oil for the crust, and next lower the temprature. I am always experimenting and now cover the lid of the pan, wrap it in a cloth, so the condensed steam does not fall into the oil. Heat stays in and you fry away faster, and cleaner.

Great tips thank you!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com