This is topic Egyptsearch Rules(as of 06/02/2017) in forum Eat like an Egyptian at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=011276

Posted by Punos_Rey (Member # 21929) on :

This is a complete list of rules for Egyptsearch, across the different sub-forums, effective as of 06/02/2017

-There will be absolutely no personal attacks on members of any kind.  Keep conversation clean, respect each other, and disagree tactfully.

- There will be no attacks on users sexual preferences, racial/ethnic make up, or political and religious beliefs. Posts breaking this rule will be edited/deleted and a warning will be given per the moderator's discretion. Repeated infractions will result in a 3-day suspension, after a suspension, any further infractions will result in banishment from Egyptsearch.

-Members will be limited to one active account. Members found to be making use of several accounts risk having all accouts suspended. 

-When posting data, please do try and cite your sources or provide a citation when asked. This allows users to peruse the data you post further should they desire. 

-No commercial/promotional spam. One is free to post a personal website or works they published if it is relevant to the discussion or provides some further insight. Repeated posts for self-promotion will be removed and a warning will be given. 

-Please be respectful when posting images. Try to posts pictures in a reasonable size(resize before posting if need be) to help maintain the readibility of the forum for other posters.   Also try to refrain from quoting posts and including the images, especially posts with multiple images in them. Edit the hyperlinks out so that posters do not have to see the same stream of pictures being repeated. 

-Lewd/obscene pictures that serve only to incite/insult members will be immediately removed and a warning given. Repeats will be met with a suspension and if necessary a ban.

Regarding Moderators:

Moderators are fully empowered to edit, remove posts, or close threads as they see fit in their respective sub-forums. They are also able to impose warnings and recommend suspensions if they feel it is necessary. If you disagree with a mod's decision, contact that mod respectfully and voice your disagreement. Disrespect of moderators will not be tolerated and will be met with a suspension. 

Moderators are here to help maintain order, the quality of posts, and the comfort of members on the forum. Personally disliking a mod will not result in a mod being removed.

Complaints about a mod's behavior in their capacity as a mod should first be discussed with that moderator, and if you feel it wasn't reasonably addressed, can be directed to me for further review.

Special notes:

There are certain things that will result in an immediate suspension and potential ban, this list is subject to amendments and such amendments will be noted as they occur:

-Disrespecting Mods or other staff.

-Posting a forum members personal information such as names, addresses, family/loved ones, etc.

-picspamming a thread in a deliberate attempt to effect the readibility of the thread 

- Threats/inflammatory remarks towards a member, threats to actually physically harm members off of Egyptsearch will result in an IMMEDIATE ban. 
-----

I may be giving custom avatars a run after conferring more with Sam(right now custom avatars are enabled for Moderators so I can test out the functionality). If I do decide to move forward with that custom avatars will be limited to 100x100 sized images, and all the rules that apply to images posted in threads will apply to custom avatars. Be smart.

Other than that, enjoy your time on the forum, hopefully these new rules will make the forum more enjoyable for all. They will be subject to amendments as I or the other moderators see fit so keep an eye on this thread.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com