This is topic Like father like daughter? Bloated Lisa Marie is now the double of dad Elvis in forum Egypt News at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000171

Posted by Strangeways. (Member # 14842) on :

Like father like daughter? Bloated Lisa Marie is now the double of dad Elvis
By SIMON CABLE - More by this author » Last updated at 16:34pm on 4th March 2008

Her father fought - and lost - a long and very public battle with the bulge.

Now Elvis Presley's daughter Lisa Marie appears to have developed a similarly unhealthy appetite.

The once-svelte 40-year-old was seen devouring her lunch at Hollywood food market The Grove at the weekend.

-
Bloated: Lisa Marie, pictured at the weekend in LA, has gained weight like her father Elvis, here performing at one of his last concerts in 1977

Dressed in a baggy tracksuit top and loose trousers, she sat hunched over her meal - a curry on a polystyrene plate.

It was a stark contrast to the slim figure she cut three years ago when she bore a striking resemblance to her mother, the trim actress Priscilla.

-
Not looking her best: Lisa Marie's face was spotty as she cut a sad, unhealthy figure at lunch

"She looked almost unrecognisable," said a fellow diner. "I couldn't believe how much weight she's put on. She must be close to 14stone."

There has been speculation that Miss Presley, whose former husbands include Michael Jackson and Nicholas Cage, may be pregnant by her fourth, musician Michael Lockwood.

Despite her recent weight gain, she has a long way to go before she reaches her father's eventual size. He topped 22stone when he died in 1977.

Lisa Marie Priesley in the '90s:
 -

-

Posted by With a name like Smuckers (Member # 10289) on :

[Eek!] Holy Moley!
That is NOT her! No way....

Even Britney Spears piled on the pounds:

-
Weighty matters: the star looked bloated during the outing

Britney's ex Kevin Federline too

-
Battle of the bulge: Kevin Federline looked rather rotund as he played a round of golf in LA on Saturday; the former back-up dancer in Maui in 2004

Britney Spears' former husband Kevin Federline headed out for a round of golf in LA over the weekend, and by the look of his expanding girth, he certainly needed the exercise.

The hefty 29-year-old looked almost unrecognisable as he made his way around the course in long shorts and a stripped yellow T-shirt that hugged a little too snugly around his bulging stomach.

It was a far cry from the toned and lean physique he'd acquired as a back-up dancer during his early romance with Britney.

Federline, who is preparing to ring in his 30th birthday with a party at Las Vegas nightclub Pure, has been locked in an ongoing custody battle with the troubled pop star over their children Preston, 2, and Jayden, 17 months.

Lawyers for both parties reached a new visitation agreement on February 22 and Britney has had three visits with her children since then.

-
Hefty: the father of two took time out from his parenting duties for a spot of much needed exercise

Federline's spokesman, Eliot Mintz, has credited Jamie Spears with getting his daughter the help she needed.

He says: "Jamie Spears went a long way in terms of stabilising an environment that surrounded Britney which was wildly in a flux. It's clear that Britney is in a different place now than she was two weeks ago."

Britney was sectioned under a mental health order last month and her father was later awarded conservatorship over her estate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=525681&in_page_id=1773

Posted by MrsCoconut (Member # 14823) on :

-

thats an update one and she has put on weight as you can see .

In the photo above she's with her mother Priscilla Presley (born May 24, 1945) age 62.

Posted by civil society (Member # 14880) on :

isn't she pregnant right now though?

Posted by Makbeta (Member # 14401) on :

Elvis was really obese ONLY for the last THREE years of his life (1975-1977).

July 4,1974 - karate with Ed Parker - still slim:

-

Now compare - July 5, 1976

-

It's taken 'for granted' though that 'the fat Elvis era' lasted for years. No, it didn't.

Lisa Marie has had problems with her weight as well. I read that she is pregnant, but so was it rumoured in the past. Anyway, we'll see.

A few interesting facts about Elvis:

Elvis Aaron Presley (January 8, 1935–August 16, 1977), sometimes written Aron, was of German, Scottish, French, Jewish and Cherokee ancestry.

Presley's father, Vernon (1916–1979), had several low-paying jobs, including sharecropper and truck driver. His mother, Gladys Love Smith (1912–1958) worked as a sewing machine operator. They met in Tupelo, Mississippi, and eloped to Pontotoc County where they married on June 17, 1933

Presley was the second of identical twins—his brother was stillborn and given the name Jesse Garon. He grew up as an only child and "was, everyone agreed, unusually close to his mother." The family lived just above the poverty line and attended the Assembly of God church.

Presley was bullied at school; classmates threw "things at him—rotten fruit and stuff—because he was different... quiet and he stuttered and he was a mama's boy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley

I never liked Elvis, to be honest, and 'discovered' him very late in my life (so to say [Big Grin] ). There's a lot more to him than meets the eye - I can tell you.

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
Elvis was really obese ONLY for the last THREE years of his life (1975-1977).

You are right, Elvis started to become overweight after his divorce from Priscilla.

Lisa Marie looks most likely pregnant although it hasn't been confirmed. If rumors are indeed true I am very happy for her. [Smile]

-

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
You are right, Elvis started to become overweight after his divorce from Priscilla.

That's right - very slowly after the divorce (October 1973) but suddenly in 1975 (after his 40th birthday - January 08).

Gosh, TL - you seem to know everything. How do you do IT? [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

Haha, I am just interested in his life! You know I went with hubby last year to the area in Germany where he was stationed here in the late 50's. Also note that they both met in the city I am residing right now. The high-school Priscilla attended is just a few feet away from my home.

Few years ago I went to his birthplace in MS but I haven't made it to Graceland so far. ISA one day!! [Smile]

quote:
Haha, I am just interested in his life! You know I went with hubby last year to the area in Germany where he was stationed here in the late 50's. Also note that they both met in the city I am residing right now. The high-school Priscilla attended is just a few feet away from my home.

Few years ago I went to his birthplace in MS but I haven't made it to Graceland so far. ISA one day!! [Smile]

Really?!

-
(Elvis's villa)

I was passing the town once - next time! [Big Grin]

Lisa Marie Presley's daughter:

http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/pictures/riley_keough.html

Danielle Riley Keough (born May 29, 1989) known as Riley Keough, is a model, the daughter of singer/songwriter Lisa Marie Presley and musician/actor Danny Keough, and the oldest grandchild of Elvis Presley and Priscilla Presley.

Lisa Marie Presley Confirms Pregnancy

Friday March 7, 2008

After weeks of speculation, Lisa Marie Presley has confirmed that she and husband, music producer Michael Lockwood, are expecting their first child.

“I am in fact pregnant,” the singer, 40, blogs on her MySpace page.

She slammed Web sites and British tabloids for speculating on her recent weight gain.

“Now that things are confirmed, hopefully they can stop all of the harassment, and I can stop dodging the continuous bullets,” she wrote.

“It is unfortunate that I couldn't have announced something that is this much of a blessing and that has made us so incredibly happy under better circumstances.”

It is the first child for the couple, who wed in 2006.

Presley has two children, daughter Riley, 18, and son Benjamin, 15, from a previous marriage to Danny Keough.

http://www.usmagazine.com/lisa_marie_presley_confirms_pregnancy

CONGRATS!! [Smile]

http://www.lisamarieonline.net/

So she has confirmed it. All the best! [Smile]

-
Parents-to-be: Lisa Marie and husband Michael Lockwood, here in 2006 in LA

Posted by civil society (Member # 14880) on :

congrats to them.

Ok She's preganant so leave her alone, she can't help it, possibly, so we can be sympathetic...

Lisa Marie Presley plans legal action against the Daily Mail newspaper after she claimed media comments about her weight forced her to reveal she is pregnant.

Her lawyer Simon Smith said Presley was "deeply offended and upset" by the claims, which featured in numerous tabloid newspapers.

The BBC reports her representatives have filed a libel claim against Associated Newspaper's the Mail's parent company, in the high court in London.

Pictures of the 40-year-old singer and son of rock legend Elvis Presley were shown next to suggestions she had a weight problem like her father.

Her growing tummy is not the product of excessive eating but rather the fact she is pregnant with her third child, she revealed on her MySpace page.

But Presley, less than happy about having to open up her personal life to the media, says she had no choice in the matter.

"You know if you were pregnant and you felt you were expanding uncontrollably by the moment as a result, and the worldwide media started badgering and harassing you for it, plastering you everywhere in an unflattering light, you would be mortified as well," she wrote in a statement on her MySpace page.

"After being the target all week of slanderous and degrading stories, horribly manipulated pictures and articles in the media, I have had to show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant."

The latest addition to the scientologist's family is her first with current husband Michael Lockwood, the respected music producer.

She had her first two children with Danny Keough, beginning 20 years ago, and has subsequently been married to Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage.

Her father was a hottie in his pre-slob days. YAWWOOZA! [Eek!]

-

Posted by Pink cherry (Member # 13979) on :

I love Elvis...The best song I liked was 'Are you lonesome tonight'....the funny version when he forgot his words and made them up....

Made him human and I still laugh when I hear it.. [Big Grin]

He's way before my time but I guess my favorite was 'It's now or never'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p9USIZ8y0

Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight (Laughing Version 1969)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVlkrc7p_1Y&feature=related

06 mar 2008, 00:00

Confirmation under the gun.

After being the target all week of slanderous and degrading stories, horribly manipulated pictures and articles in the media, I have had to show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant.
Once they got a glimpse of my expanding physique a few days ago, they have been like a pack of coyotes circling their prey whilst eerily howling with delight. Starting with a London publication and then New York and Chicago all writing false defamatory degrading stories about all of the dark possible reasons I could be putting on weight. The US tabloids have been calling all day wanting confirmation on all kinds of insane theories.
They couldn't wait to find out if my weight gain was because I was just overeating, in which case It would be open season and they can do the old following in her fathers sad and unfortunate demise story again or less interesting for them and probably much to their dismay, I could just be pregnant and therefore have a legitimate reason for weight gain at which point they should probably wipe the saliva off of their fangs and put them back in their mouths or they may expose the black little souls that they are.
Now that things are confirmed, hopefully they can stop all of the harassment and I can stop dodging the continuous bullets.
It is unfortunate that I couldn't have announced something that is this much of a blessing and that has made us so incredibly happy under better circumstances.
How they have handled themselves with this has been nothing short of irresponsible and disgusting.
Pardon my seething contemptuous tone but ladies, You KNOW if you were pregnant and you felt you were expanding uncontrollably by the moment as a result and the worldwide media started badgering and harassing you for it, plastering you everywhere in an unflattering light, you would be mortified as well.

Sincerely,
~LMP

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=42291868&blogID=364657165

Posted by Pink cherry (Member # 13979) on :

quote:
Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight (Laughing Version 1969)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVlkrc7p_1Y&feature=related

That was wonderful to hear again. AND the background singer kept on going...... [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Her father was a hottie in his pre-slob days.

He was handsome MOST of his life.

This comes from 1968:

-

Another one - 1973:

-

1974 , I think:

-

quote:
Originally posted by Strangeways.:
06 mar 2008, 00:00

Confirmation under the gun.

After being the target all week of slanderous and degrading stories (...)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=42291868&blogID=364657165

I was first with this information. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member Icon 1 posted 07 March, 2008 22:44 Profile for Makbeta Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote http://www.lisamarieonline.net/

So she has confirmed it. All the best! [Smile] Posts: 983 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007

Sorry to burst your bubble, Makbeta, but actually I posted the first article that she confirmed her pregnancy:

Tigerlily
Member # 3567 posted 07 March, 2008 12:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lisa Marie Presley Confirms Pregnancy

Friday March 7, 2008

After weeks of speculation, Lisa Marie Presley has confirmed that she and husband, music producer Michael Lockwood, are expecting their first child.

“I am in fact pregnant,” the singer, 40, blogs on her MySpace page... ."

Don't tell a Reuters woman how to do her job!! [Big Grin] [Wink]

TL, by ' this information' I only meant the 'Confirmation under the gun' article, which I happened to have posted before Strangeways.

No, no - I would never dare to challenge YOU with information! Begorra!! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Begorra, I believe you!! [Wink]

So, guys, when do you think Lisa-Marie is due? I think she will deliver sometime in August.

I'd say, in July, and it will be a boy. [Smile]

Interesting thing is Lisa's mother, Priscilla, also gave birth after being forty. She was almost 42 when her son, Navarone (by Marco Garibaldi) was born in 1987.

Posted by yorkshire rose (Member # 12072) on :

Congrats to Lisa Marie, have a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Lisa Marie Presley: It's Twins!

Lisa Marie Presley has an extra special reason for gaining baby weight while pregnant - she is expecting twins. The daughter of rock 'n' roll king Elvis Presley is four-and-a-half months pregnant with her third and fourth kids - her first with fourth husband Michael Lockwood.

Star magazine claims the couple is expecting twins at the end of August, and state at least one will be a boy. One of Presley's California neighbors tells the tabloid, "Michael told me that he and Lisa have been trying to get pregnant for about a year. He also said that they had a sonogram two weeks ago, and (one) baby opened its legs, and they saw something! Michael was beaming."

Presley, who has two teenage children with ex-husband Danny Keogh, is currently planning to sue a publication that accused her of being fat, forcing her to reveal her pregnancy.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/03/13/lisa_marie_presley_is_expecting_twins_

Twins? That's great!

I say IVF! Having twins is kinda hip right now among stars!!

"...Star magazine claims the couple is expecting twins at the end of August..."

Hey, Makbeta, looks like I have the better eye when it comes to guessing the birth date. And no wonder, I got four kids myself so a lot of practice! [Wink]

But twins hardly make it to the edb, they can easy be born four weeks and more.

quote:

"...Star magazine claims the couple is expecting twins at the end of August..."

Hey, Makbeta, looks like I have the better eye when it comes to guessing the birth date. And no wonder, I got four kids myself so a lot of practice! [Wink]

[Roll Eyes] Ok, ok ...

It dawned on me today that I read an interesting interview with Lisa Marie some time ago. Here she discusses her marriage to Michael Jackson and her crush on ... Vader :

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/interview_lisamarie_rollingstone.shtml

Lisa Marie Presley Has Twin Girls!

By Us Magazine

October 11, 2008, 9:05 am PDT

Us Magazine Lisa Marie Presley and her husband, rocker Michael Lockwood, are now on double diaper duty.

They "welcomed two baby girls on Tuesday, October 7, by C-section at 2:46 p.m.," her rep confirms to Usmagazine.com. "The babies weighed 5 lbs., 15oz., and 5 lbs., 2 oz."

Adds the rep, "The babies and mom are happy and healthy and resting at home."

No further information, including the babies' names, is being released at this time.

See photos of other stars with twins.

Us Weekly first broke the news in July that Lisa Marie was expecting two.

Her mother Priscilla confirmed the report in August. (Turns out, Lisa Marie's dad, Elvis, was a twin, and Priscilla has younger brothers who are twins.)

"We are beyond thrilled and blessed, elated and saturated in happiness," Lisa Marie later blogged on her MySpace page.

She added that she is not recording new music "as there isn't much room for breathing and singing right now.

"Writing and recording will resume when the little occupants in there have decided to join the outside world," she said.

Lisa Marie -- who wed Lockwood in 2006 -- has two children from a previous marriage to Danny Keough.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/lisa-marie-presley-has-twin-girls/14080?nc

Congratulations on the twins!! [Smile] [Smile]

Lisa-Marie truly showed very early that she's expecting. I am thinking even if 11 Oct was her expected date of birth (although I assume it was at least end of the month) this puts the beginning of her pregnancy back to around 5 Jan. The pics all above were taken in the first week of March. This would be about pregnancy week 9.

تيجرليلي

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com